• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.
dat feel when you underestimate how hot your food is and you shove a massive spoonful in your mouth.

The lack of club football has reduced us all to utter shit talk.

Insidious continues to be unscary shite. Why are all horror films like this in these days? They're all wank. Every single one of them.

I tried to watch the Evil Dead remake the other day, but the... way I was watching, stopped working like half an hour in. If you've seen it, is it worth the effort to watch the rest? It looked pretty average to me.

They got pretty big places mang. But R* are also trying to get the stores to not send them out before, but it's completely normal for the post offices to hold games some time.

Never known them do that all major pre-orders for me have come a day early.

But the sheer volume of GTA orders I doubt Ill get it early.

I can wait a day, Monday I'm playing San Andreas all day.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
and that is 90% of modern horror movies.

It's unfortunate isn't it? :(

I tried to watch the Evil Dead remake the other day, but the... way I was watching, stopped working like half an hour in. If you've seen it, is it worth the effort to watch the rest? It looked pretty average to me.

Oh yes.
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Never known them do that all major pre-orders for me have come a day early.

But the sheer volume of GTA orders I doubt Ill get it early.

I can wait a day, Monday I'm playing San Andreas all day.

I used to have this guy at a local book store that also sold games on the side, cause no one read books you know, but this guy didn't give a shit about release dates and just gave me games whenever they came in. Fuck I miss that, they got too much control now.

I used to have this guy at a local book store that also sold games on the side, cause no one read books you know, but this guy didn't give a shit about release dates and just gave me games whenever they came in. Fuck I miss that, they got too much control now.

Yeah that's a heck of a connection.

Insidious continues to be unscary shite. Why are all horror films like this in these days? They're all wank. Every single one of them.

Insidious was so bad. The Conjuring was better, but not amazing or anything.

There was a dude who came out after with his chick and he said "that wasn't a film, that was an experience", lol.

Carbonox

Insidious was so bad. The Conjuring was better, but not amazing or anything.

There was a dude who came out after with his chick and he said "that wasn't a film, that was an experience", lol.

:lol :lol

The Conjuring looks a tad better than this crap just going by the adverts on TV.

They're showing the Insidious 2 trailer on TV and it's the same family being affected? :lol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Poor DDR, he lost his mind after realizing he'll be stuck in Roma for one more year.

:lol :lol

The Conjuring looks a tad better than this crap just going by the adverts on TV.

They're showing the Insidious 2 trailer on TV and it's the same family being affected? :lol

Do yourself a favor and skip The Conjuring too.

Carbonox

I will obtain a suit for all the main characters. I love wearing suits in GTA games.

Now Darth Vader is doing some sort of exorcism for the Harry Potter kid.

Modern horror films are indeed shite. Paranormal Activity is one of the most overrated films ever. The scariest part of the film was one of my mates yelling out "BOO!" during a quiet scene. Cheap jump scares simply won't do it for me.

Sudden loud noises. How clever.

Carbonox

Modern horror films are indeed shite. Paranormal Activity is one of the most overrated films ever. The scariest part of the film was one of my mates yelling out "BOO!" during a quiet scene. Cheap jump scares simply won't do it for me.

Oh man that film is so bad.

I also saw Drag Me to Hell a couple of months ago. More in your face than these haunted house films but just as terrible. It also got good reviews too? :lol

Edit: Now the kid went all schizo from the Darth Maul possession and started slapping everyone around. It's when the films go down to this sort of level where I throw my hands up in the air some time singing AYYOOOOO BABY LETS GOOOOO

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yeah, I didn't 'get' Drag Me to Hell either.

Cheap scares/sudden loud noises *never* get me in movies.
3AQmK.gif

tumblr_lz6dxrjxEn1qzgrbco1_400.gif

Låt den Rätte Komma In is my favourite modern horror. Not heavy on actually trying to scare you but it does a great job at making you feel really uncomfortable. Love it.

The American remake throws that completely out of the window though.

Oh and a shout out to Cabin In the Woods.

Carbonox

Låt den Rätte Komma In is my favourite modern horror. Not heavy on actually trying to scare you but it does a great job at making you feel really uncomfortable. Love it.

The American remake throws that completely out of the window though.

Just like The Ring.

Ringu (the original) is unsettling as fuck. The American remake is a shit cunt bastardization of it and utterly comical.

The American version of The Grudge is a decent attempt though as it does still maintain the creepy element of the original but again, the original Ju-On is unsettling too.

Edit: what the fuck at your rank/avatar changing. :lol Only just noticed that.

Edit2: :lol Insidious goes all Bioshock when the dad does his astro train travelling to the demon world and all the weirdo characters sitting around like zombies and whistling.

Yen

The trailer for Oldboy USA looks decent. Probably nowhere near as good as the original though I remember a few people claiming it would be even darker than the a Korean.

bud

The first part in Uncharted 3 is pretty decent. Need to get used to the wonky controls though.

i could never really get into it. it never picks up any moment whatsoever. you're just moving from cut scene to cut scene. the graphics are very impressive, but it left a bad taste in my mouth, especially since 2 was such a fantastic game.

The trailer for Oldboy USA looks decent. Probably nowhere near as good as the original though I remember a few people claiming it would be even darker than the a Korean.
I don't know how you can go even darker than the original. Are they even going to do something with the
whole incest thing?

Edit: Now the kid went all schizo from the Darth Maul possession and started slapping everyone around. It's when the films go down to this sort of level where I throw my hands up in the air some time singing AYYOOOOO BABY LETS GOOOOO

Yeah, probably best to skip The Conjuring, lol. It kind of revels in it's unoriginality tbh. There aren't many modern horror film tropes that aren't in this film, the saving grace is that the execution isn't that bad.

A Tale of Two Sisters (Kim Ji-woon) is dope though.

Linius

i could never really get into it. it never picks up any moment whatsoever. you're just moving from cut scene to cut scene. the graphics are very impressive, but it left a bad taste in my mouth, especially since 2 was such a fantastic game.

Never played an Uncharted game before. Just trying this game at my uncles PS3. If I ever buy it I'm gonna repeat at least three hours of gameplay :p

Clegg

We had a 14 year old American girl in our mumble today lecturing us about "Fifi" as she called it.

She also claimed Quiche was 12 and that English people are all tall with blonde hair.

You didn't let Kyoufu near her did you?

How did she react when you told her Quiche was actually 10?

dc89

Hey Viva. FBloke's made a bold prediction:

***bold prediction*** @mcfc will have the biggest club ground in the UK by 2022

80k or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom