• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

faridmon

Lets re-sign Bergdølmo at 41.

We tried to get Peter Ankersen who was at Rosenborg for a year or two, dude got real good after getting back to the Danish league and is still only 22.

Legend

Yeah, Peter Ankersen is real good. He was selected for the national team, right? That guys could turn out to be real special. Wouldn't be surprised if a PL club buy him.

Sometimes we have to chat about Japan. Planning to live there in the near future.

Definitely. I might be moving there permanently myself, have to convince the wife first. She's being hesitant about it due to the language barrier.

You just missed the most important team in UK doing great business in the Transfer Market. Everton might as well be handed the PL trophy already. There is no point for longing the inevitable.

I noticed Everton got Martinez as a manager, great choice as I like him a lot. Hopefully he does great over there.

Whoa, Phoenix is back? Welcome back, dude.

Thanks man.

Turns out Nathan Dyer still isn't as good as Nani.

Nani still plays football? I forgot he even existed, just like how I forgot Shinji plays for United. Seems both of them love to play for the bench.

Definitely. I might be moving there permanently myself, have to convince the wife first. She's being hesitant about it due to the language barrier.

I noticed Everton got Martinez as a manager, great choice as I like him a lot. Hopefully he does great over there.

Thanks man.

Nani still plays football? I forgot he even existed, just like how I forgot Shinji plays for United. Seems both of them love to play for the bench.

Yay Phoenix is back.

Beat West Ham 7-1 away last night on FIFA :lol

Podolski scored 3, his second goal was amazing, went past a player and smacked the ball from 35 yards and it went in! Draxler scored 2, Rosicky scored and Ozil scored.

Joe Cole scored for West Ham :(

Still, amazing result for someone like me :lol

Salvadora

Another quote from Perez on Ozil.
BTuNuCtCMAApilg.jpg:large

Another quote from Perez on Ozil.
BTuNuCtCMAApilg.jpg:large

Also fabricated.

The major problem here is that Florentino Perez hasn't said these things, when something sounds unbelievable, it usually is. It all goes back to an article on Spain's ABC yesterday and the mistake made is that the journalist says these things, not Perez. It's quite clear, given that the journalist doesn't claim Perez has given these quotes and there are no attempts to disguise his own reporting as quotes.

The journalist involved, Tomas Gonzalez-Martin, obviously has a rather dim view of the new Arsenal man but he also seems a bit of a berk because he kicked off the tirade by bringing Ozil's religion into it.

Despite the quotes not being from Florentino Perez there are now more than 15 articles on UK websites claiming they are, presumably not one bothered to check the original article. The quotes are also all over social networks and more people will read the claims than will read this and any other articles explaining the truth, simply because the fake version of events is far juicier.

That seems to be how things work with Ozil. Welcome to England Mesut!

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/sex-lies-and-some-more-lies-fake-quotes-about-mesut-ozil-spread-l

Kinan

EA SPORTS:

Shakhtar in FIFA14 confirmed.

About time.

and what about Dynamo Kiev? WHAT ABOUT KIEV? I'm gonna kill someone RIGHT NOW!
You better be measuring Yarmolenko's dick length and girth right now for proper modelling, EA, or I'll come to Canada, buy a footbal club there and call it EA SUCKS TORONTO.

GorillaJu

and what about Dynamo Kiev? WHAT ABOUT KIEV? I'm gonna kill someone RIGHT NOW!
You better be measuring Yarmolenko's dick length and girth right now for proper modelling, EA, or I'll come to Canada, buy a footbal club there and call it EA SUCKS TORONTO.

Konoplyanka is better.

K1LLER7

So Madrid pissed Ozil off and he wanted to leave. Madrid were happy to sell even though the fans didn't want it. To make themselves look better, they start saying this crap about Ozil in order to make his sale look like a good move by Madrid?

Also Arsenal wasn't his first choice, the little boy cried for United :p

rvy

Banned
So Madrid pissed Ozil off and he wanted to leave. Madrid were happy to sell even though the fans didn't want it. To make themselves look better, they start saying this crap about Ozil in order to make his sale look like a good move by Madrid?

No.

Also Arsenal wasn't his first choice, the little boy cried for United :p

Didn't go so well for the last little boy that cried for United.

rvy

Banned
Romário compares Messi to Newton and Einstein, says they all suffered from some level of autism.

Did Newton and Einstein also not pay their taxes?

So, what's the opinion on the new Arctic Monkeys' record?

I've listened to it three times since I bought it on Friday. I really like "Do I Wanna Know" and did so since I heard it the first time. But the rest, don't know, didn't really click with me yet. I loved all their other records but this one seems a bit, don't know, bland? Maybe I expected too much or maybe it will grow on me but I must admit I'm a bit disappointed.

I keep buying the Arctic Monkeys their albums, but it's never been the same since Favorite Worst Nightmare. I loved the first 2 albums, still do, Humbug was pretty good as well, but the last two albums did nothing for me anymore.

I hoped they turned the corner with this album after hearing 'R U Mine' and 'Do I Wanna Know', but it's still the same shit as 'Suck it and See'. Big disappointment for me.

Kinan

lol, Britain, why you suck so much in basketball? We just won with almost 20points difference at the european championship.

rvy

Banned
I need a Yurt
I'm holding out for a Juventino 'til the end of the night
He's gotta be strong
And he's gotta be fast
And he's gotta be fresh from the fight

I need a Yurt
I'm holding out for a Juventino 'til the morning light
He's gotta be sure
And it's gotta be soon
And he's gotta be larger than life

I NEED A YURT!

GorillaJu

Any of you ever tried salvia? Tends to last about 30 minutes but for those 30 minutes you're absolutely gone. It's still legal in the US, I believe.

Latest BB episode random thoughts:
The hype was too much, it wasn't even that good imho. Wonder what people said here on Gaf when Crawl Space aired, I still consider that ending to be one of the best (probably the best) of the entire series. The ending of this episode was kinda underwhelming, shootbang all around and everybody lives, cut to black. The fuck?

Whatever, next week is what matters, BB-hopefully with a better episode on Monday, GTAV on Tuesday, Milan-Celtic on Wednesday.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I need a Yurt
I'm holding out for a Juventino 'til the end of the night
He's gotta be strong
And he's gotta be fast
And he's gotta be fresh from the fight

I need a Yurt
I'm holding out for a Juventino 'til the morning light
He's gotta be sure
And it's gotta be soon
And he's gotta be larger than life