• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

faridmon

So, what's the opinion on the new Arctic Monkeys' record?

I've listened to it three times since I bought it on Friday. I really like "Do I Wanna Know" and did so since I heard it the first time. But the rest, don't know, didn't really click with me yet. I loved all their other records but this one seems a bit, don't know, bland? Maybe I expected too much or maybe it will grow on me but I must admit I'm a bit disappointed.

People are loving it at the moment. Apparently its really way better than Suck it and See and Humbug. If you like Arctic Monkeys, especially the debut album, then the consent is that you will love this.

faridmon

Ah I see. I just still couldn't find time to watch the last couple of episodes sadly.

I support Chelsea above all, but I like a couple other clubs in other countries for some strange reason. Maybe it's me getting old :) (not as a supporter though). You?

Welcome. so you would know, football is actually Off-topic over here and people talk about random stuff here all the time.

sohois

Because if you saw people die at the end of this episode there's less tension for the start of next week's. It's TV, jesus :lol. People are going in far too hard. It's a cliffhanger ending, there's no cliffhanger if we already know Hank is dead. Was it a little outside the realms of believability? Yeah, kinda. But it'll get resolved. We know that.

Nah. You're just pissed you can't immediately load up the next episode on Netflix because you've binge watched the entire series in a month and you have no coping mechanism for the wait now haha.
If something like that happened in the middle of season 4 and you said holy shit but immediately just put on the next episode, you'd be fine. It's like Jesse and Gale. Did we see Gale dead? No. And people that had to watch it live had to wait a year to see Gale's body explicitly. You just didnt even notice it was suspenseful because you could watch the next episode 3 minutes later

It's midway through the fifth and final bloody season, I think most people watching are going to stick around for the next episode. They don't need hooks to get them to tune in next week ffs.

BTt0bNeCUAAIBKT.jpg

#Legend #Respect #BetterthanIniesta

Bo-Locks

Breaking Bad

Worst episode of BB that I've seen in a while. The evil genius Heisenberg hasn't put two and two together and even entertained the possibility that Jesse was working with Hank. He knew that both of them were plotting to bring him down, and even when Saul told him that Huell had gone missing, he didn't figure out that they were both working together and closing in on him, and plan accordingly. And this is the Heisenberg that poisoned a kid with some non-lethal poison in order to make Jesse think that Gus used the ricin which was covertly lifted from his cigarette packet, in order to turn Jesse against Gus, and kill him? Come on... And spilling all his secrets over he phone? The shoot-out was also really poorly edited and shot. It was still entertaining, but it wasn't up to the standards that I have come to expect from BB.

People are loving it at the moment. Apparently its really way better than Suck it and See and Humbug. If you like Arctic Monkeys, especially the debut album, then the consent is that you will love this.

Hm, like I said, I loved all their stuff but I don't really love the new one at the moment. I'll give it a few more listens, though.

sohois

Is this Avatar The Last Airbendter (the cartoon, not the film) actually any good?

Yes. I just got around to watching a few weeks back and it's very well done and I don't even have to add the caveat for a children's show. Takes a while to hit its stride though.

faridmon

Is this Avatar The Last Airbendter (the cartoon, not the film) actually any good?

YES YES YES

The animation alone will make it worth the watch. So Smooth. Everything else is just the tip of the iceberg

We talk lots about football but who the fuck cares for international football. When real football takes a break so do we.

Of course you wouldn't care. Danmark is in bit of a pickle. Apparently there is a strong rumour that crappy bold geezer is gonna overtake the national team as a head manager. That would be really amusing.

Thanks. I figured as much while trying to keep up with the conversation :)

You can talk about everything. The good thing about this community is, there is someone who would know about certain things that you would not assume otherwise :)

Carbonox

God spits on me.

I will finish Dexter before I go to Hungary. Breaking Bad however? The final episode airs while I'm in Hungary (my grandparents has utter diabolical internet).

This is terrifying.

Of course you wouldn't care. Danmark is in bit of a pickle. Apparently there is a strong rumour that crappy bold geezer is gonna overtake the national team as a head manager. That would be really amusing.

Danish FA were caught sleeping and let Ståle go back to København, national team jobs is a job for old people about to retire.

Carbonox

Call up my landlord to tell him my oven and washing machine are borked. Turns up an hour later with a brand spanking new oven and washing machine. The latter has like 20 buttons vs my old one's 4. :lol

Win.

faridmon

Can't destroy what has already been destroyed. Carsten V Jensen has destroyed us, Ståle at least already healed it a little, but he's not a miracle worker

You would be surprised.

You don't even have that Cornelius guy to fall back on. I have to admit he is pretty amazing.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
RE:Breaking Bad

I completely agree with Kharma and jtb. Edit: and FF, sohois and Batigol.

Fuck it I'm watching Dexter.

Footy GAF, I'm back from Japan. I've been back in the UK for a week and to be honest I wish I was back in Japan. I loved it out there. So what have I missed while away?

faridmon

Footy GAF, I'm back from Japan. I've been back in the UK for a week and to be honest I wish I was back in Japan. I loved it out there. So what have I missed while away?

Sometimes we have to chat about Japan. Planning to live there in the near future.

You just missed the most important team in UK doing great business in the Transfer Market. Everton might as well be handed the PL trophy already. There is no point for longing the inevitable.

We got Fanendo Adi instead now, who really brings back memories of N'Doye. 2 goals and 1 assist in 2 games already.

Oh Come on, even Moa scored load in his first games at Hannover...

:(
I love you Moa

GorillaJu

You guys over-hyped the latest BB. It was great, but not deserving of the praise, IMO.

Still.. holy shit.

Though it was completely obvious what was going to happen, that they were still going to show up. I wonder if they would have just opened fire anyway if Hank had shown his badge to them? I suppose a cop with training would know what to do in that kind of situation.

How the fuck did no one get hit? I suspect that Jesse got hit and killed - they showed him very briefly at the beginning of the firefight then never cut back to him again.

Walt is such an interesting character. Even at the end when he knows it might save him and his money if everyone dies, he wants Hank to live.

It does seem ridiculous to me that mastermind Walt has suddenly gone stupid. Maybe he just allowed himself mentally to let go when he quit the business and realized his cancer was back. I mean, he didn't even want to kill Jesse until he felt directly threatened. It was Skyler who proposed that option to him.

Whoa, Phoenix is back? Welcome back, dude.

Oh Come on, even Moa scored load in his first games at Hannover...

:(
I love you Moa

We just loaned out his useless brother. Yet another fine Carsten V Jensen signing, I swear no good purchases from Tippeligaen has been made for us in forever, yet the fool keeps sending millions up there to Molde and other trash clubs.

faridmon

We just loaned out his useless brother. Yet another fine Carsten V Jensen signing, I swear no good purchases from Tippeligaen has been made for us in forever, yet the fool keeps sending millions up there to Molde and other trash clubs.

Well Bredde Hanglanad turned out more than fine. Magnet Hosseth was alright as well as Eirik Myland.

And you have to buy smart. Molde players are overrated whacks and they won the league just because everyone else was shooting themselves in the foot. Rosenborg had couple of talents who went to Bundesliga and they are doing alright.

GorillaJu

BB latest ep:

I think it comes down to that BB as a series tends to keep things tense and boiling just below the surface. It's not often that it explodes.

Well Bredde Hanglanad turned out more than fine. Magnet Hosseth was alright as well as Eirik Myland..

All legends at the club. But seriously... Pape Pate Diouf, Mos Abdellaou ... and although not from Tippeligaen, he is Norwegian the chubby bastard Grindheim.

Bolanos who was good at first has even truend to shit.

Lets re-sign Bergdølmo at 41.

And you have to buy smart. Molde players are overrated whacks and they won the league just because everyone else was shooting themselves in the foot. Rosenborg had couple of talents who went to Bundesliga and they are doing alright.

We tried to get Peter Ankersen who was at Rosenborg for a year or two, dude got real good after getting back to the Danish league and is still only 22.

omgkitty

So, what's the opinion on the new Arctic Monkeys' record?

I've listened to it three times since I bought it on Friday. I really like "Do I Wanna Know" and did so since I heard it the first time. But the rest, don't know, didn't really click with me yet. I loved all their other records but this one seems a bit, don't know, bland? Maybe I expected too much or maybe it will grow on me but I must admit I'm a bit disappointed.

It took me a few listens to get used to both Humbug and Suck It and See, and I feel this might be the same even though it's a little more immediate than the last two. Maybe they are just getting stale. They really need to change up their sound and do something different. They could probably stand to take a few years off at some point as they've been releasing a new album every two years since Favourite Worst Nightmare, which only came out a year after their first, though I arguably think it's their best album.

MPW

Italy Top 10:
De Rossi €6.5m
Higuain €5.5m
Milito €5m
Tevez €4.5m
Cambiasso €4.5m
Totti €4.5m
Gomez €4.2m
Buffon €4m
Balotelli €4m
Kakà €4m

Europe Top 10:
Ibrahimovic €14m
Falcao €14m
Messi €13m
Thiago Silva €12m
Hazard €11.4m
Rooney €11.2m
Van Persie €11.2m
Y. Tourè €11.2m
Bale €11m
Torres €10.5m

3 from the FPL, 2 from La Liga, 5 from the EPL, 0 from the Serie A and the Bundesliga. Torres earning €4m more than De Rossi is ridiculous, btw.

€2m per year would've been fine. Still too much, but at least it's less than 4m.

--

Happy birthday Linius! See ya in the CL :D

torres earns more than CR7 lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom