• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Yep

SPOILER for newest ep:

except that Walt for some reason has become stupid all of a sudden. A lot of bang bang and action though.

Weak writing. Walt would never fall for that shit even 3 episodes ago. Just an easy way out, especially the fact that Walt still hadn't even considered Jesse went back to Hank, seriously, that is so out of character.

And what are these guys? Freewheelin from Last of Us? At least 400 shots fired, not 1 hit.

Great episode.

Completely disagree.

Scum

We talk more about stuff that doesn't concern football, so welcome. Who do you support? :D

And thanks Dan!

igbTpFCTdgV1H.gif

Linius

Ah I see. I just still couldn't find time to watch the last couple of episodes sadly.

I support Chelsea above all, but I like a couple other clubs (not as a supporter though). You?

I support Ajax, massive club.

Completely disagree.

Hmm it's hard to disagree with those points in all fairness.
Maybe the part about Walt being stupid and that he never would have fallen for this trick earlier on. But really, with all these bullets from like eight guys (few of them with automatic weapons) they should have hit at least Hank or Gomez multiple times. This was A-Team qualtity shooting.

bud

happy birthday, linius!

i haven't read the last page, but on a scale of one to boner, how would you rate this week's bb episode?

no spoilers please
please no spoilers

Meier

Btw, Serie A wages are post taxes (net). And it's not entirely accurate (it's really just guesstimates).
Yeah, I mentioned this must be the case before when Balo's wage was brought up by a Milan fan. There was no way he had taken that big of a pay cut. Same with Tevez. Post tax, they're not THAT different.

Madrid must have paid Kaka at least €10m to get him to leave and give up €14m in after tax salary.

Carbonox

god damn it my food is on my laptop screen

i havent stopped laughing since watching the episode like 10 minutes ago

the adult stuntman

everything about it

gary cole halp

Batigol

Banned
Yep

SPOILER for newest ep:

except that Walt for some reason has become stupid all of a sudden. A lot of bang bang and action though.

Weak writing. Walt would never fall for that shit even 3 episodes ago. Just an easy way out, especially the fact that Walt still hadn't even considered Jesse went back to Hank, seriously, that is so out of character.

And what are these guys? Freewheelin from Last of Us? At least 400 shots fired, not 1 hit.

Great episode.

BB Spoilers..

Agreed. The shoot out was stupid and the ending ruined the episode for me. Fucking Vince Gilligan has a hard on for cockblocking.

Got the feeling he's chickened out of killing any major characters

Happy birthday Linius!

That's because it is.

Thanks Denemark!

The colours look nice but I think there's better ways to hide how economical it looks.

Yeah man, no OLED. It's 20% thinner, I don't like everything thin god damn it.
OG is best.

I wonder if it still has that mystery port on the top of the unit though? Gotta have a mystery port that no one has a fucking clue what it is 2 years later.

I'd like to know that as well,

No OLED sucks, I guess if you really want a good Vita pick one up now.

Wilbur

Banned
That episode of Breaking Bad was
stupid

How did no one even come close to getting shot bar Hank's DEA buddy?

Because if you saw people die at the end of this episode there's less tension for the start of next week's. It's TV, jesus :lol. People are going in far too hard. It's a cliffhanger ending, there's no cliffhanger if we already know Hank is dead. Was it a little outside the realms of believability? Yeah, kinda. But it'll get resolved. We know that.

kharma45

LCD quality various but with OLED there's a certain, high, expctations.

The downsides to OLED are really bad in the long run though, no different than plasma if you ask me. :p

Yeah LCDs can vary hugely true, but fingers crossed Sony don't cheap out and put a nice IPS panel in.

Because if you saw people die at the end of this episode there's less tension for the start of next week's. It's TV, jesus :lol. People are going in far too hard. It's a cliffhanger ending, there's no cliffhanger if we already know Hank is dead. Was it a little outside the realms of believability? Yeah, kinda. But it'll get resolved. We know that.

They could've just left it with them showing up, drawing guns and cut to black.

Wes

venison crêpe
Christ, my FFXIV account has already been hacked and used by gold sellers in China....

Time to change the password and contact SE.

You need to have the one time password app for your mobile. XIV accounts are big targets at the moment.

Wilbur

Banned
What they should've done

Nah. You're just pissed you can't immediately load up the next episode on Netflix because you've binge watched the entire series in a month and you have no coping mechanism for the wait now haha.
If something like that happened in the middle of season 4 and you said holy shit but immediately just put on the next episode, you'd be fine. It's like Jesse and Gale. Did we see Gale dead? No. And people that had to watch it live had to wait a year to see Gale's body explicitly. You just didnt even notice it was suspenseful because you could watch the next episode 3 minutes later

So, what's the opinion on the new Arctic Monkeys' record?

I've listened to it three times since I bought it on Friday. I really like "Do I Wanna Know" and did so since I heard it the first time. But the rest, don't know, didn't really click with me yet. I loved all their other records but this one seems a bit, don't know, bland? Maybe I expected too much or maybe it will grow on me but I must admit I'm a bit disappointed.

Salvadora

So, what's the opinion on the new Arctic Monkeys' record?

I've listened to it three times since I bought it on Friday. I really like "Do I Wanna Know" and did so since I heard it the first time. But the rest, don't know, didn't really click with me yet. I loved all their other records but this one seems a bit, don't know, bland? Maybe I expected too much or maybe it will grow on me but I must admit I'm a bit disappointed.
Arabella is pretty good I thought.

I've never been a fan of the Arctic Monkeys much past Favourite Worst Nightmare.

faridmon

I support Ajax, massive club.

Hmm it's hard to disagree with those points in all fairness.
Maybe the part about Walt being stupid and that he never would have fallen for this trick earlier on. But really, with all these bullets from like eight guys (few of them with automatic weapons) they should have hit at least Hank or Gomez multiple times. This was A-Team qualtity shooting.

Happy Birthday dude!

Feel like gifting you an album through amazon or something

Batigol

Banned
Nah. You're just pissed you can't immediately load up the next episode on Netflix because you've binge watched the entire series in a month and you have no coping mechanism for the wait now haha.
If something like that happened in the middle of season 4 and you said holy shit but immediately just put on the next episode, you'd be fine. It's like Jesse and Gale. Did we see Gale dead? No. And people that had to watch it live had to wait a year to see Gale's body explicitly. You just didnt even notice it was suspenseful because you could watch the next episode 3 minutes later

Truth hurts man :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom