• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgkitty

I've never seen him play before, so I haven't a clue about his potential.

I would have thought that if he looked like making it here he would've stayed. Or at least got loaned out in England.

Well for a striker he doesn't seem to score a whole lot, but he does pretty well for Costa Rica. Supposedly people were impressed with him last season at Real Betis, but I thought he went back out because he didn't get a work permit again, but it seems that's no longer the case. Guess he'll end up being another player we loan out for seasons on end and never see play for us.

JWong

Banned
For those who may have missed it: USA CB Matt Besler received a yellow card when a Costa Rica player fell down next to him last week in their WCQ…. He misses the next game against Mexico.

bullshit03puk.gif

(thanks B-Dubs for the gif)

He'd make a good mime hitting an invisible wall like that.

Salvadora

Well for a striker he doesn't seem to score a whole lot, but he does pretty well for Costa Rica. Supposedly people were impressed with him last season at Real Betis, but I thought he went back out because he didn't get a work permit again, but it seems that's no longer the case. Guess he'll end up being another player we loan out for seasons on end and never see play for us.
Aye, if he isn't prolific in the Greek or Spanish league it doesn't bode well. His versatility does offer some options, but you'd think that his opportunities would be very limited if we bring in another striker next summer.

omgkitty

Aye, if he isn't prolific in the Greek or Spanish league it doesn't bode well. His versatility does offer some options, but you'd think that his opportunities would be very limited if we bring in another striker next summer.

His stats from last year say he played in 28 league games, scoring 2 and assisting 3. He also had a whopping 7 yellow cards. Watching his little stunt in the US game, it doesn't seem like a surprise. Those stats are kind of shit if you ask me. I guess they're a little better if he's primarily playing on the wing, but if he's not performing in other leagues, not sure how well he's going to do for us.

Oxx

So tired. The most I can manage to accomplish right now is to lie in bed listening to Football Weekly while playing Animal Crossing.

Zabojnik

Dear John Mayer,

please stop wasting your talent, ditch Kate Perry and go back to making awesome blues rock albums.

Sincerely yours,
Zabojnik

Carbonox

WOODENLUNG, THAT ACE VENTURA THREAD, OMG

i'm biting my tongue so fucking hard right now. the utter shite being spewed in that thread camouflaged as 'progressive thinking' is making me rage.

that platy user - god damn. i'm sure his intended view comes off as sound in parts but some of the stuff he's saying is downright offensive and patronizing.

It also highlights the sad state of the world today where people feel the need to - nowadays - over-think a FUCKING JIM CARREY FILM with the intention of starting arguments over satire and comedy. everything's a touchy subject now. 'your nan's ginger', oi mate i'm suing you and writing a book on the ordeal.

I could have easily avoided that thread but no, I thought I'd be a curious george. that'll learn me.

WOODENLUNG, THAT ACE VENTURA THREAD, OMG

i'm biting my tongue so fucking hard right now. the utter shite being spewed in that thread camouflaged as 'progressive thinking' is making me rage.

that platy user - god damn. i'm sure his intended view comes off as sound in parts but some of the stuff he's saying is downright offensive and patronizing.

It also highlights the sad state of the world today where people feel the need to - nowadays - over-think a FUCKING JIM CARREY FILM with the intention of starting arguments over satire and comedy. everything's a touchy subject now. 'your nan's ginger', oi mate i'm suing you and writing a book on the ordeal.

I could have easily avoided that thread but no, I thought I'd be a curious george. that'll learn me.

This post offends me.

Carbonox

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1548356?&cc=5739

A Newcastle United fan accused of punching a police horse in the wake of the Tyne-Wear derby has pleaded not guilty to a charge of violent disorder.

Barry Rogerson, 45, from Bedlington, denied the charge presented at Newcastle Magistrates’ Court. The alleged incident occurred following the North-East derby between Newcastle and Sunderland on April 14, 2013.

Prosecutor Jim Hope said: “This case is so serious that it will have to be dealt with at the crown court.”

Rodgerson will appear at Newcastle Crown Court on September 23 to answer the charge.

hah....hahaha "so serious".

------

This post offends me.

your face offends me

Carbonox

he is in the witness protection program. AKA, he is playing in the Villa/Newcastle game Sunday. Nobody will think to look there :)

It would be very nice for there to be a draw. Can't hate on Villa and...well...would rather not be pessimistic on Newcastle's chances for another week.

Meier

Yeah, 3 first seasons were fairly good, not the best thing ever but I enjoyed it, then it turned really really bad.

This. We actually kept watching through season 7 but I don't think we ever actually watched season 8... weird. It's really good when she's bumbling and dumb and just kind of playing it as it goes and then it gets really bad and then it gets worse. Kevin Nealon is always amazing as is Andy (Justin Kirk).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom