• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharma45

There was some decent brain substance in Into Darkness, the whole idea of does colonialism work (especially that first scene), terrorism and all that but it just so happened to be going on at the same time as everyone running around and jumping and junk blowing up. Just get a bit bored of seeing some posts saying it is a brain dead action film. It does pose some quite ish interesting questions, just gives you no time to breathe due to its constant pace.

Much prefer ID to the action snoozefests which tend to be most Marvel/DC movies. The best superhero film this year (for me), was The Wolverine mostly because there isn't a fortnights worth of dumb brain numbing action.

How do you get colonialism from the opening part of the film? They were sent to survey a planet, saw that a volcano was going to wipe it out and tried to save the people.

Yep, don't understand the general frowning at it. Thought it was blooming good fun, pleased JJ has SW.

One of the better films in this rather disappointing year.

Yeah I liked Into Darkness more than the original. Happy that JJ has the Star Wars franchise too, ID was basically a Star Wars film anyway :lol

Thanks guys, I actually never watched a Star Wars film. Should get to that at some point.

It's not as good as the original, but Into Darkness is solid overall and great at times. I've never watched any other Star Trek films nor a full episode of the show. Not my thing pre-JJ.

I never watched anything Star Trek before the 09 film either, I heard Star Trek Next Generation is good. It's on Netflix so maybe I'll check it out.

"Barcelona should not pay more than what the coach thinks is the right price for the salary. we did not recruit David Luiz because of a technical decision."

"But we will see what happens in January."

Can you not take a fucking hint Rosell you fucking two and a half man lookalike cunt.

kharma45

Thanks guys, I actually never watched a Star Wars film. Should get to that at some point.

what

what

what

what

what

what

what

WHAT

I never watched anything Star Trek before the 09 film either, I heard Star Trek Next Generation is good. It's on Netflix so maybe I'll check it out.

TNG is fantastic, as is Deep Space 9. Some good films too worth watching like Star Trek II and Star Trek VI. Helps to watch some TOS episodes for them as well.

Man, Breaking Bad was not what I was expecting, but Dexter is even worse.

Goddamn that's the dumbest show I've ever seen. Like, really dumb.

What a shitty Monday.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The Imposter was really awesome.
KuGsj.gif

KuGsj.gif

KuGsj.gif

What a shitty Monday.

Dexter LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

L1NETT

How do you get colonialism from the opening part of the film? They were sent to survey a planet, saw that a volcano was going to wipe it out and tried to save the people.

I don't know much about Trek, so I might be wrong but what I took from it was that.

Kirk violates the Prime Directive to rescue Spock, and they have a brief conversation about whether to introduce the Niriwhatever they were called to their fancy warp technology or let them grow and evolve naturally i.e should civilazations have the right to evolve naturally or should we, with better technology help them develop and intervene..

Which fmpov pretty heavily is posing the question, should the federation or whatever they are called do what the europeans (didn't Star trek the original originate at the same time people woke up to the horrors of colonized Africa?) did and colonise underdeveloped nations or let them be.

Fucking hell when is football back on.

kharma45

I don't know much about Trek, so I might be wrong but what I took from it was that.

Kirk violates the Prime Directive to rescue Spock, and they have a brief conversation about whether to introduce the Niriwhatever they were called to their fancy warp technology or let them grow and evolve naturally i.e should civilazations have the right to evolve naturally or should we, with better technology help them develop and intervene..

Which fmpov pretty heavily is posing the question, should the federation or whatever they are called do what the europeans (didn't Star trek the original originate at the same time people woke up to the horrors of colonized Africa?) did and colonise underdeveloped nations or let them be.

Fucking hell when is football back on.

The breaking of the Prime Directive wasn't about the sharing of technology (which wasn't what they were doing there as that civilisation was extremely primitive), it was the fact that they altered the fate of those people and got caught by them doing it. The first bit alone breaks the Prime Directive as it dictates that there can be no interference with the internal development of alien civilizations, they have to play out their own path until they develop their own FTL travel and only then can contact be made.

In Star Trek there is often occurrences of civilisations being studied up close by Starfleet but you have to be a) hidden or b) properly disguised and not affect them.

Star Trek came along during the Cold War and the racial tensions in the USA and they were the primary focus rather than the legacy of African colonisation.

Linius

Happy Birthday Linius.

Happy Birthday dude!

Feel like gifting you an album through amazon or something

Happy birthday Lin

Happy birthday Linius!

Happy birthday Linius!

Thanks fellas!

Watching it right now. Good show, also Kate Mara is hot. Only four episodes in though.

House of Cards is def in my top three for new shows this year. Really liked it.

Just seen the first ep. of the new Boardwalk Empire season, so glad it's back :D

Hieberrr

What the fuck is Toronto FC doing?! We chase a young striker for months, finally sign him from Newells, and then trade him to another team less than a month after. What. The. Fuck.

Those people that feeds their women up to this size are amazing, like when they sleep on those elephant ears they get on their sides, must be so soft.

Did you see them push her over and all the wobbly bits started moving?

She was charged with the murder of her nephew.

She crushed his head. Accidentally.

FootballFan

What a shitty Monday.

Yep, BB love in overdrive, fans just taking everything in with no criticism of any of it, and if something ridiculous is happening you get "it's a tv show man!".

The latest episode
was really good I thought, but some of it was just insanely stupid and unrealistic even by BBs standard.

That is, if I am understanding you as you sound kinda disappointed with the new episode.

The Imposter was really awesome.
KuGsj.gif

KuGsj.gif

KuGsj.gif

Do you mean that? I can't tell if you are laughing at it or not lol.

I thought it was bad ass.

Clegg

I just don't understand how a man with chronic and debilitating knee problems can come back from injury and play some of the most dominant tennis of his career.

K1LLER7

I just don't understand how a man with chronic and debilitating knee problems can come back from injury and play some of the most dominant tennis of his career.
Its great to see him playing again. Hope he wins this match.

Saved 2 break points there.

operon

I just that but was to setup the fact that kirk could be counted on to not follow the rules

FootballFan

Am now watching the US open final.

Hope Nadal wins.

Don't like Djokovic for some reason.

Don't like Nadal, Djokovic or Federer. I wish they'd all lose, all the time.

edit
Out of those 3 though I like Nadal the most.

edit edit
But he's a Madrid fan even though his uncle played for Barca so fuck him.

I want Djokovic to win. Cause I like name that ends with "vic", like they all sound pretty great. Ideally they would of course all lose cause fuck tennis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom