• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

going to start Friday Night Lights.

dont know shit about american football, but im going to watch it anyway

wish me luck

lucky clint

It's good ting, man.

Can't be fucked applying for jobs. Why do people ask for cover letters, just look at my CV and give me a call.

Meier

wish me luck

One of the best shows of all time. Top 5 easily.

Season 2 starts at a low point but gets better in the latter half so stick with it. Perfect again after that.

We should buy Kevin Volland as Lewandowski replacement.

We idiots should have relegated Hoffenheim last season and gotten Volland for cheap this summer ;(

rodvik

It would be very nice for there to be a draw. Can't hate on Villa and...well...would rather not be pessimistic on Newcastle's chances for another week.

I would take a point. I just want us nicely midtable by December. i could use a season of no crisis for Villa tbh.

Meier

It feels like we've finally replaced Cesc.

Poor Santiago. They'll never give you the praise you deserve. He should join the love of his life at City. This image is just missing some hearts above his head.

1240271_10153229136720455_516540488_n.jpg

Lightning

Banned
It feels like we've finally replaced Cesc.
Yeah it does. Ozil doesn't play the same way as Cesc did. Cesc was all over the park and got stuck into everything, that's not Ozil's way of playing but the output at the end in terms of assists should be about the same. Wilshere or Ramsey will need to do a lot of running around though because Ozil is not going to run like Cesc did.

Giroud and Walcott will need to read Ozil's game though and vise versa but I'm confident Wenger will sort that. Can't wait for the Ozil and Cazorla link up too.

Clegg

I've been listening to some Stone Roses for the last hour. Waterfall is still their best song.

The opening riff to Love Spreads sounds an awful lot like Voodoo Chile.

Salvadora

Yeah it does. Ozil doesn't play the same way as Cesc did. Cesc was all over the park and got stuck into everything, that's not Ozil's way of playing but the output at the end in terms of assists should be about the same. Wilshere or Ramsey will need to do a lot of running around though because Ozil is not going to run like Cesc did.

Giroud and Walcott will need to read Ozil's game though and vise versa but I'm confident Wenger will sort that. Can't wait for the Ozil and Cazorla link up too.
Yeah we've really been missing Cesc's sheer industry. Nothing hurt us more than him leaving, it felt like the team's heart had been ripped out.

Meier: Cazorla is firmly in my heart :p, glad we've still got a silky Spaniard to dazzle and amaze.

Messi

wish me luck

If I could travel back in time and watch one tv show again for the first time. It would be Friday night lights.

don't click this freewheelin' its an actual late season spoiler and I am not kidding around.

The episode titled 'The Son' how did Zach Gilford not even get an emmy nod let alone win it. What a heartbreaking episode. That dude nailed the dinner scene in that episode.

dc89

David Silva has left the Spain squad ahead of tomorrow’s friendly with Chile after picking up a minor injury.

The midfielder has a slight thigh problem, which is not thought to be serious and will return to Manchester to receive treatment and assessment by MCFC medical staff.

http://manc.it/15JtYst

:(

Lightning

Banned
Poor Santiago. They'll never give you the praise you deserve. He should join the love of his life at City. This image is just missing some hearts above his head.

1240271_10153229136720455_516540488_n.jpg
Huh? That's not fair. Our fans love them some Santi. His name has been sung during games countless times!

Not for sale as Atletico got told. I'm glad Arsene kept his word and didnt sell any of our main team this window.

Hixx

Asked by insideworldfootball.com about awarding Qatar the tournament, the 77-year-old said: "It may well be that we made a mistake at the time."
Blatter, who in May said it was "not rational" to play the World Cup in Qatar in June and July, added: "On the other hand, you must also consider political and geo-political realities.
"The World Cup is Fifa's biggest, if not only, global event. Who are we, the Europeans, to demand that this event has to cater to the needs of 800million Europeans above all?
"I think it is high time that Europe starts to understand that we do not rule the world anymore, and that some former European imperial powers can no longer impress their will onto others in far away places.

"We must accept that football has moved away from being a European and South American sport - it has become the world sport that billions of fans are excitedly following every week, everywhere in the world."

What the fuck is he on about
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Salvadora

Wilshere & Walcott are due to start tomorrow against Ukraine, apparently.

Fingers crossed all our players come through tomorrow unscathed. We've been lucky so far.

Lightning

Banned
Wilshere & Walcott are due to start tomorrow against Ukraine, apparently.

Fingers crossed all our players come through tomorrow unscathed. We've been lucky so far.
Giroud, Sagna, Koscielny, Ozil, Mertesacker, Rosicky, Ramsey will all likely start and I'd expect Cazorla to play for Spain too.

Hope no injuries.

kharma45

Yep, don't understand the general frowning at it. Thought it was blooming good fun, please JJ has SW.

One of the better films in this rather disappointing year.

It was a lot of fun, and I'm a big Trek fan too. Some I guess want a more cerebral experience but I'd rather play it safe with fun action than end up with TMP or TFF again.

Yeah I liked Into Darkness more than the original. Happy that JJ has the Star Wars franchise too, ID was basically a Star Wars film anyway :lol

L1NETT

Some I guess want a more cerebral experience but I'd rather play it safe with fun action than end up with TMP or TFF again.

There was some decent brain substance in Into Darkness, the whole idea of does colonialism work (especially that first scene), terrorism and all that but it just so happened to be going on at the same time as everyone running around and jumping and junk blowing up. Just get a bit bored of seeing some posts saying it is a brain dead action film. It does pose some quite ish interesting questions, just gives you no time to breathe due to its constant pace.

Much prefer ID to the action snoozefests which tend to be most Marvel/DC movies. The best superhero film this year (for me), was The Wolverine mostly because there isn't a fortnights worth of dumb brain numbing action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom