• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
TNG is Star Trek fully realized, the franchise reached its zenith there.

It had everything you want in Star Trek:

- Feeling of adeventure
- Awesome cast with distinct personalities and the chemistry between everyone is amazing
- Some of the best written sci-fi tv (inner light)
- The Borg were actually a threat.
- The campiness of TOS was toned down massively specially after season 2, there's a bigger emphasis on human drama
- Jean-luc Picard

DS9 is good, but nowhere near close to TNG. After TNG there's no other choice but to go down, which is exactly what happened to the franchise.

I enjoyed Abrams Trek for what they are, but to me Star Trek is TNG.

Error

watched the evil within tgs trailer holy shitballs, looks like the re4 prototype that was canned. Mikami :bow

Maybe if I really get into TNG, gotta finish Firefly first.
First 2 seasons are so-so, although s2 has The Measure of a Man (amazing episode) and the introduction of the Borg. Season 3 is where the series really took off.

Sloosha

TNG is Star Trek fully realized, the franchise reached its zenith there.

It had everything you want in Star Trek:

- Feeling of adeventure
- Awesome cast with distinct personalities and the chemistry between everyone is amazing
- Some of the best written sci-fi tv (inner light)
- The Borg were actually a threat.
- The campiness of TOS was toned down massively specially after season 2, there's a bigger emphasis on human drama
- Jean-luc Picard

DS9 is good, but nowhere near close to TNG. After TNG there's no other choice but to go down, which is exactly what happened to the franchise.

I enjoyed Abrams Trek for what they are, but to me Star Trek is TNG.

While it is replete with a with a fair number of duds I do agree with you that it has the highest highs of all the series - Inner Light is brilliant.

Off the top of my head, my favourite TNG episodes are: Lower Decks, Darmok, Chain of Command, Inner Light and Yesterday's Enterprise.

K1LLER7

Yeah babz, we're cool

peter-molyneux-awkward.gif

We ain't cool till you listen to Ariana Grande's album.

1304528152_high-five-fist-bump-fail.gif

kharma45

While it is replete with a with a fair number of duds I do agree with you that it has the highest highs of all the series - Inner Light is brilliant.

Off the top of my head, my favourite TNG episodes are: Lower Decks, Darmok, Chain of Command, Inner Light and Yesterday's Enterprise.

Those plus these ones (and shame on you for forgetting this first one)

• The Measure of a Man
  • The Drumhead
  • The Best of Both Worlds
  • All Good Tings
  • Future Imperfect
  • The Defector
  • Tapestry
  • Family
  • Night Terrors
  • Cause and Effect

to name but a few. TNG WAS FUCKING GOD TIER TV.

Yen

Where has NFL been all my life:

-spectacle
-play Led Zeppelin while waiting for plays
-the commentator made an 'Under Siege' pun
-the Redskins scored a crazy, odd touchdown
(this is the first time I ever watched)

Clydefrog

Where has NFL been all my life:

-spectacle
-play Led Zeppelin while waiting for plays
-the commentator made an 'Under Siege' pun
-the Redskins scored a crazy, odd touchdown
(this is the first time I ever watched)

Nice. It'd be such a great sport to watch if there wasn't commercials every 4 minutes and countless stoppages for replays. It's still pretty exciting though.

Error

Yeah but with a series of over 180 episodes, there are bound to be some duds here and there. But I think the series quality was consistently high throughout its run.

Sloosha

^ No arguments here. It's a fantastic show.

Those plus these ones (and shame on you for forgetting this first one)

• The Measure of a Man
  • The Drumhead
  • The Best of Both Worlds
  • All Good Tings
  • Future Imperfect
  • The Defector
  • Tapestry
  • Family
  • Night Terrors
  • Cause and Effect

to name but a few. TNG WAS FUCKING GOD TIER TV.

I'm terrible with episode titles, but yeah, Measure of a Man is incredible. Tapestry is great as well.

watched the evil within tgs trailer holy shitballs, looks like the re4 prototype that was canned. Mikami :bow

First 2 seasons are so-so, although s2 has The Measure of a Man (amazing episode) and the introduction of the Borg. Season 3 is where the series really took off.

You'll burn through Firefly in no time. TNG has a lot of shite episodes too in the first two seasons that you could skip as well, better just to watch the good stuff to help get in to it.

I probably won't skip the first few episodes but knowing they're not that good will help me not judge the show so early.

We ain't cool till you listen to Ariana Grande's album.

1304528152_high-five-fist-bump-fail.gif

Dude, Linius won't let go of how bad my last.fm is, just imagine what listening to Ariana Grande will do to him.

I'll do it :p

Its just started now?

Demotion beckons

Did my bribe go through? Am I next in line?

Trans threads on Gaf are scary places

A few times I've typed out a reasoned post but then deleted just in case someone takes it the wrong way

I miss real football, sucks that burnley will do us on Saturday

Messi

Is it ok for me to say I think skyler is attractive? because I think she is attractive, especially
in this current season

BigBoss

Lmao

"Barcelona's motto is more than a club but what we have to find out is are they more than just Messi?"

Remember when not too long ago people were saying that Messi was overrated and that Xavi and Iniesta deserved all the credit for making Messi look so good, that was funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom