• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tc91

Nice.

Will try it out on PS3.

Long balls looked easy to pull off in that clip you posted.

The CPU would only do chipped through balls vs me on World Class, seems a lot easier to lob the goalie now too.

Not sure if I like it I'll have to play it a bit more, looking forward to the Pes demo though.

omgkitty

Every year I hate the demo for FIFA and find it very hard to score given that it's only 2 minutes halves. I then buy the game and find it annoying for about a week because it feels different than last years FIFA. I eventually get over that and then just say "meh, it just feels the same as it always has."

deGod

9bd821447b5e0522d799901044d4705c_large_0.gif

What an idiot to think he'd be lifting the title.

In other news when is FM 2014 out?

Pre-ordered my copy of GTA from the PSN store.

Feel a little stupid paying £50 :lol

but meh, it'll be nice to just have it on the HDD and load it up whenever I want to. Probably faster too.

Clubs open to winter World Cup in Qatar - Rummenigge

Europe's leading clubs have stated that they are "open" to the possibility of a winter World Cup in Qatar in 2022.
Fifa chief Sepp Blatter and Football Association chairman Greg Dyke have both called for the dates to be changed because of worries over how players would cope in the summer heat.
"The feeling is it is probably better to play it in winter," said Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, the chairman of the European Club Association, which represents Europe's top teams.

It's happening. Fuck you Blatter you scrub

Chipotle

Got GTA for £35 off Amazon. Good price, I remember waiting a while until the Last of Us dropped from £40.

I just pre-ordered off Amazon for PS3. Will it definitely arrive on the 17th if I used prime? Any chance it might come a day early? I haven't bought a game on day 1 for ages but remembered that happening a couple of times with things years ago

sohois

We have a new Aston Villa supporter apparently by the name of Hawkie.

Incidentally, his PM reminded me that we are also going to need a new thread soon what with the England game tonight, so you might want to start suggesting titles and shit.

Tc91

Just been to my 24 hour Tesco to pre order GTA and the guy didn't believe me that it's out next week. Said if they are there on Monday ready for Tuesday I can go down and pick it up at midnight.

Couldn't find the PS3 version for ages until I found 1 box behind a load of crap on the bottom shelf.

faridmon

Every year I hate the demo for FIFA and find it very hard to score given that it's only 2 minutes halves. I then buy the game and find it annoying for about a week because it feels different than last years FIFA. I eventually get over that and then just say "meh, it just feels the same as it always has."

Its a yearly franchise of course its gonna feel the same.

I buy Fifa once every 2/3 years and the improvements are way noticeable. Yes, it does its flaws, which can be annoying, but the way people shit on the franchise is quite and overreaction. PES ain't shit and people keep hype those games like crazy.

sohois

season 9 is woeful

had no idea it had turned this bad, only switched it on cos i was bored. might bring down some dvds of the simpsons...

Season 9 is not at all bad if you can enjoy it on its own merits and separate it from being 'Scrubs season 9' in your mind (as it was intended to be a proper spinoff). Even as a Scrubs season it's certainly much better than seasons 5,6 & 7. But ultimately the reaction 'WTF where's JD, Elliot and Carla?" will always trump any of that I suppose.

deGod

We have a new Aston Villa supporter apparently by the name of Hawkie.

Incidentally, his PM reminded me that we are also going to need a new thread soon what with the England game tonight, so you might want to start suggesting titles and shit.
OT 3 |Woodward love!!!

Kinan

So how do you guys think the England squad will look like today?

Football.ua take:

Hart

Walker, Cahill, Jagielka, Cole

Gerrard, Lampard, Wilshere

Walcott, Lambert, Milner

Ukraine's squad is pretty predictable, only open question who will be the striker - Devic or Zozulya.
Both are in excellent form, really hard to choose the best one. I like Devic more, personally, but I can see that from tactical point of view Zozulya may be better suited.

At the end, everything is a gamble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom