• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple of FIFA 14 gameplay videos, not the highest quality as I had to compress them down for my 1Mb upload speed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwREKKGswes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX1hj29qNv8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoKkpOWqbDE

That looks awesome, looks like PES is not the game to get this year.

So guys, Pro Evo on PS3 will be the football game to get this year right?

No, PES is not the game to get this year.

Hixx

Season 9 is not at all bad if you can enjoy it on its own merits and separate it from being 'Scrubs season 9' in your mind (as it was intended to be a proper spinoff). Even as a Scrubs season it's certainly much better than seasons 5,6 & 7. But ultimately the reaction 'WTF where's JD, Elliot and Carla?" will always trump any of that I suppose.

Don't agree. Season 9 is shit which ever way you want to look at it. And season 5 is weak compared to the first 4 but there's no way I would ever say it is worse than 9. 5 has the Cox depression arc which is great tv.

I'm nervous about an England game for the first time since Italy in 2012. As much shit as I give them, as many cunts are in the team, as much as I dislike the manager, its England, and I want to see us win the World Cup, let alone qualify for the fucker :p

Not sure if I do. Sure I'd take great pleasure in seeing UnitedGAF get mashed by a Big Daddy but I can't handle being hunted from the shadows by Splicers.

I wouldn;t want to live there, I want to wander around the place like a ghost, watching the inhabitants going about their business.

Don't understand why we get films for things like Prince of Persia and Gran Tursimo, but nobody seems intrested in Bioshock

Wilbur

Banned
I'm nervous about an England game for the first time since Italy in 2012. As much shit as I give them, as many cunts are in the team, as much as I dislike the manager, its England, and I want to see us win the World Cup, let alone qualify for the fucker :p

If you could take us not qualifying and the FA seriously looking at revamping our entire system like the Germans did, would you?

subtles

Bless Aguero for mentioning LFC but conveniently forgetting about Arsenal as a rival team.

If you could take us not qualifying and the FA seriously looking at revamping our entire system like the Germans did, would you?

They hired Hodgson. Let that sink in for a moment and imagine the kind of changes they would be considering.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
@PortugueseGAF

Juventus could make a move for Real Madrid full-back Fabio Coentrao [In January], according to reports in the Portuguese Press.

Is this true/coming from reliable papers?

Absolutely. No chance it will happen though, bunch of old cunts at the top who couldn't give a shit about the mid-longterm future of our national game, and only bring out the strong statements when the cameras are on and the media have their annual fortnight-long 'what's wrong with English football?' campaign.

Excuses and bullshit are what the FA live on, as evidenced by every Trevor Brooking interview in the last 2 decades

kharma45

£30 too much for a game worth hundreds of hours of gameplay?

smh

Relative to what it will be on PC yes.

the commentator speaks of bayern's loan to dortmund :lol

why has blaczyzcuuyzxcuyzxckowski still those long hairs? he hadn't those in ages

Yeah there are some nice new commentary things added in, feels more natural at this stage but will no doubt get repetitive later.

http://www.soccergaming.com/forums/s...d.php?t=187443

a fix to get 6 min halfs on FIFA 14 PC demo. Makes it more fun to play.

Awesome.

That looks awesome, looks like PES is not the game to get this year.

No, PES is not the game to get this year.

Yeah FIFA is a lot of fun this year again, feels a lot more substantial to play.

omgkitty

I was looking up stuff about the J.League and came across this picture:

hiroshima-sanfrecce.jpg

Fuck this picture is just so Japanese.

Kinan

91084.jpg

Olimpiyskiy is such a nice stadium. Very light, open design, does not pressure you down like that shitty Donetzk thing.

faridmon

Looks like it.

With a stupidly tinted glass that doesn't reflect on the worse aspect of the game, yes, it does look like it.

I am seriously baffled about the positive outlook the new PES have. Just because it uses FOX engine, doesn't automatically makes it better. The AI is still horrendous, the animation is still below par and the gameplay is actually moving towards the FIFA approach of Rubber banding and anti-dynamism.

sohois

With a stupidly tinted glass that doesn't reflect on the worse aspect of the game, yes, it does look like it.

I am seriously baffled about the positive outlook the new PES have. Just because it uses FOX engine, doesn't automatically makes it better. The AI is still horrendous, the animation is still below par and the gameplay is actually moving towards the FIFA approach of Rubber banding and anti-dynamism.

Because people that have actually played it know how much better it is this year.

and for those few of us who have played both FIFA and PES it is a really noticeable difference.

Meier

Saw last night that Arsenal are looking to sign another guy who is available on a free. Ciprian Marica. Dat spending money.

Kinan

@Kinan, closed, steep and oppressive is always better for football imo

One of the reasons I don;t like the Macarena or whatever is called

I dont like completely open ones without roof, but always feel a bit cornered in the smaller/steeper stadia. Olympiyskiy fits my soul balance perfectly. Personal thing, and I'm biased, of course.

91032.jpg

Zhenya's right foot is ready. :)

faridmon

Because people that have actually played it know how much better it is this year.

and for those few of us who have played both FIFA and PES it is a really noticeable difference.

Other people that have actually played it also know that it may be better, but noticeably so. Look, its exactly like previous years. People will have a widely different opinion on PES just because they want it to be what they want. I'll try to play it at Eurogamer, and see how much ''better'' it may look, but so far what I have seen, it does have its fair share of problems. And please don't give me ''you still haven't played it yet'' card because every year, from the impressions I get from watching the game does not differ the later opinions I have of it when I actually play it.

Also, don't ignore the positive FIFA impressions, even written in this thread.

Zabojnik

Don't worry Keisuke, Robinho will teach you good.

Kaka can't run that fast tho.

He better. SE LO BECCA BALOTELLI QUESTA VOLTA SON GEMELLI!!!

I really need to pick up a 360 controller. Playing it with kbm is near impossible.

Worst controller ever. Can't stand it, personally. The face buttons are atrocious. The new one looks better, but I still hope Sony release PC drivers for the new DualShock.

Our u19 keeper is named Pierluigi Gollini. Next Buffon?

More like the next Mannone.

I was looking up stuff about the J.League and came across this picture:

Fuck this picture is just so Japanese.

They all look the same to me. BACOOONNNNNNN.

faridmon

Worst controller ever. Can't stand it, personally. The face buttons are atrocious. The new one looks better, but I still hope Sony release PC drivers for the new DualShock.

I feel the exact opposite. Best Controller I ever used after the Gamecube one. Very comfortable and easy to use triggers. The Dpad sucks though.
(We are talking about the normal 360 controller, right?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom