• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Telegraph: Julian Draxler and Kaka are Arsene Wenger's latest targets as Arsenal step up efforts to sign new players

No way do Arsenal get Draxler. Kaka maybe.
Supposedly Kaka is available for free but there's no way anyone will come close to matching his €11m wage. That's £9.4m/year or about £180k a week. Arsenal could see if Madrid would pay half his salary for them to take him off their hands for a year.

Draxler's buyout clause is €45m and he already turned down City this summer. There's no way he'd go to Arsenal at this point. Schalke got a great UCL draw and are far more likely to remain in it than Arsenal.. they really have nothing to offer him.

spidye

2,w=559,c=0.bild.jpeg

without words

Wilbur

Banned
Man Football Manager with Spurs is gonna be great this year. Need to see them all playing but I really don't know what their strongest team would be. Defence and wings are pretty easy as is striker but they've got four or five central midfielders I'd always try to fit into three spots.

Maybe Eriksen on the left, Lamela on the right? Capoue, Sandro and Paulinho all take turns playing with each other, Dembele is the constant but Holtby is his sub. Lennon, Chadli, Townsend and Siggy share wings when the others are rested.

It's too stacked, if you ask me. Could have done with losing one or two more.

phaze

Since Arsenal last won a trophy, Pep Guardiola retired, became a manager, won 15 trophies, took a year out, returned and won another trophy

You are on the list.

Telegraph: Julian Draxler and Kaka are Arsene Wenger's latest targets as Arsenal step up efforts to sign new players

No way do Arsenal get Draxler. Kaka maybe.

;_;

Thankfully those rumors are absurd. I wonder with whom we will be linked in the last day of the window.

Wilbur

Banned
Think of Assou Ekkoto, Wilburt.

Locked out of training, all on his own in the cold.

Bet he sits in the press box nonchalantly wolfing down Monster Munch, caring not a solitary fuckfiddle that he's never playing again. Dat paycheck.

Rose has started the season well anyway I think.

cremino

Supposedly Kaka is available for free but there's no way anyone will come close to matching his €11m wage. That's £9.4m/year or about £180k a week. Arsenal could see if Madrid would pay half his salary for them to take him off their hands for a year.

Draxler's buyout clause is €45m and he already turned down City this summer. There's no way he'd go to Arsenal at this point. Schalke got a great UCL draw and are far more likely to remain in it than Arsenal.. they really have nothing to offer him.

Seems Kakà asked a €8m wage to Milan (they offered 3m....)

Linius

It's funny btw, Alderweireld makes 1 million a year in Amsterdam. Suposedly he's jumping to 4 million a year in Madrid. There's just no way we can ever compete with these kind of salaries :/

So, Pep has been in charge for two months now. In that time, he won the UEFA supercup, the Audi Cup, the Uli Hoeneß Cup, the Telekom Cup and the Paulaner Cup des Südens.

#Legend

Great game, I don't mind losing on penalties as they are a lottery (Munich final doesn't count because we won that on away goals really ;-)

I think our two main problems from last season came back to haunt us which is we are not ruthless enough on the counter attack, there were a couple of occasions when it was 4vs4 4vs3 on the break and we didn't make it count and Ramieres is a liability, Sometimes he is fantastic sometimes he does stupid things and lets everyone down.

I thought Oscar, Hazard and Schurrle had fantastic games, they probably made as many tackles as our defenders did which is really nice to see and its understandable why Mourinho chose them over Mata. I would liked to have seen him come on at the end though because he is amazing and can make chances out of nothing.

Anyway its a vast improvement over last year, Bayern are the best team in the world, they destroyed Barca a few months ago and we pushed them right to the wire. Its always disappointing to lose in the last minutes but it could have been worse.

Man Football Manager with Spurs is gonna be great this year. Need to see them all playing but I really don't know what their strongest team would be. Defence and wings are pretty easy as is striker but they've got four or five central midfielders I'd always try to fit into three spots.

Maybe Eriksen on the left, Lamela on the right? Capoue, Sandro and Paulinho all take turns playing with each other, Dembele is the constant but Holtby is his sub. Lennon, Chadli, Townsend and Siggy share wings when the others are rested.

It's too stacked, if you ask me. Could have done with losing one or two more.

I think Siggurdson might be on the way out. We'll see what happens over the weekend I guess.

Clegg

Moyes has changed his tune a lot over the last 8 weeks. Won't even be drawn into naming targets. I think I prefer it that way.

Moyes refused to be drawn about his targets, saying: "I don't think there's anything else to add." Regarding Herrera he said: "I wouldn't disclose any names, just let the clubs deal with it and we'll try and do it in a professional manner. I don't know how busy it's going to be but it's a busy football market. It might be busy in the next few days and I hope we do a little bit of business but I couldn't guarantee that."

3Sixty

Teetotal James Ward-Prowse believes staying clear of the booze can help fire him into England’s World Cup plans.

The Saints midfielder, 18, says he has never touched a drop of alcohol and turns down invites to celebrity parties.

Ward-Prowse, is aiming for a champagne performance at Norwich today, but said: “I am not a party-goer or a drinker. In fact I have never drunk at all.

“I have had loads of offers to go to parties, events and stuff like that but I turn them all down.

“That is how dedicated I am to getting the best out of myself. I have never been interested in getting attention from girls. I just ignore all that sort of stuff because I am not someone who wants to be in all the newspapers.

“Hopefully other players will realise if they really want to play at the highest level you have to look after yourself on and off the pitch.

“I model myself on Steven Gerrard. He is the perfect role model with the way he plays and the way he conducts himself.”

Ward-Prowse’s impressive form has landed him a place in Gareth Southgate’s maiden England Under-21 squad.

Scholes2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom