• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharma45

Herrera stats, hype train

Ander Herrera executed more key passes last season (35) than Manchester United duo Tom Cleverley & Shinji Kagawa combined (33).

Ander Herrera won more tackles last season (90) than Premier League trio Frank Lampard, Jack Wilshere & Yaya Toure combined (83).

FootballFan

Thanks for all the birthday wishes! <3

Matt Dickinson &#8207;@DickinsonTimes 5m
Who'd have thought, Mourinho blaming ref and Uefa. He also has a go at "shark" clubs who spend beyond their means in tomorrow's paper

loooool

Not getting the United job has really hit him hard.

Poor mourinho only has billionaire Russian backing.

#freemourinho

Linius

We have quite a bit of money at the moment as well. But due to new financial guidelines we're following we'll hardly be spending any of that.

Man I wish Chelsea would cooperate with loaning us Van Ginkel. That would be a cheap option for a great player. I value him more than Duarte at least.

noal

Banned

Ander Herrera executed more key passes last season (35) than Manchester United duo Tom Cleverley & Shinji Kagawa combined (33).

Ander Herrera won more tackles last season (90) than Premier League trio Frank Lampard, Jack Wilshere & Yaya Toure combined (83).

I know nothing about him but he sounds like a good signing from what people are saying.

Salvadora

Wilshere was out for the beginning and end of the campaign last season :lol.

Sane_Man

OMG we're really getting Sakho?? And maybe Ilori too?? Please make it happen. Don't break my heart again, Liverpool.

I've not seen much of Ilori but he looks classy in highlights. Sakho has always looked immense when I've seen him. I think we've got a real coup here.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
neuer_by_thriller008-d6kd48m.gif

The true captain of Germany/Bayern.

(thanks elsk)

K1LLER7

Not hyped by this Herrera guy. Not seen nuch of him but from what I have, he's not worth 36m.

Woodward don't sign him. Tom Clev is better.

Linius

Have been reading a little on the latest rumours on our side. According to a PSV watch who got his sources right most of the time we're still in the market for Labyad. Last time we tryed that his salary demands (2 million) we're too high but now he doesn't really have a choice with Sporting wanting him gone. If PSV doesn't accept his return we're the most likely candidate to take him in.

Doing some muppetry on my own here guys, bare with me.

Clegg

I really couldn't give a toss about United overspending for players. It's our punishment for not getting the deals done sooner.

I'll be happy enough as long as we get some decent players in.

arkon

Have been reading a little on the latest rumours on our side. According to a PSV watch who got his sources right most of the time we're still in the market for Labyad. Last time we tryed that his salary demands (2 million) we're too high but now he doesn't really have a choice with Sporting wanting him gone. If PSV doesn't accept his return we're the most likely candidate to take him in.

Doing some muppetry on my own here guys, bare with me.

Well he's got a great name. I see much potential there.

kharma45

I really couldn't give a toss about United overspending for players. It's our punishment for not getting the deals done sooner.

I'll be happy enough as long as we get some decent players in.

Aye we fannied about for far too long. Should've had deals wrapped up ages ago.

Yep. Big tom is better.

Don't.

Has he got a chance at international level?

Not for the senior side.

Wilbur

Banned
Herrera is better than Super Tomas and is probably worth around 25-30m, so I'd be a fucking top cunt if I said lets not go for him because of 6m more. Less than one Bebe.

Fellaini for 25m isn't too bad guyz. Everton bought him for 15m and he's improved a bunch and proved himself very capable in the league.

Y'all negative motherfuckers need to shut the fuck up and swallow the white gravy of David Moyers egg

kharma45

If it's only for £1.5 million more then I'm not really feeling the embarrassment here.

Edit: Honest point here is that he wasn't a first option.

Felliani always seemed to be on the cards. For whatever reason we deemed him not to be worth the £23m so to pay more would be... yeah, embarrassing.

Yeah, we were linked with Bale when he was with Southampton at around 4M.

He rejected us.

Herrera is better than Super Tomas and is probably worth around 25-30m, so I'd be a fucking top cunt if I said lets not go for him because of 6m more. Less than one Bebe.

Fellaini for 25m isn't too bad guyz. Everton bought him for 15m and he's improved a bunch and proved himself very capable in the league.

Y'all negative motherfuckers need to shut the fuck up and swallow the white gravy of David Moyers egg

This except with a full stop after 'egg'.

Clegg

Like we should really care. Embarrassment? RM just paid €103 million for Bale.

I think Viva means we should be embarrassed at our ineptitude in the transfer market. We could have gotten Fellaini for £23m in July but we didn't bid coz we thought we could get him cheaper once his clause expired. That's most likely not gonna happen now.

We've wasted the time that should have been spent integrating him into the team coz we thought we could save a couple of million quid. Which is a pittance for United. And in the end we're still going to overpay.

Player values seem to be pretty skewed but I don't see why or how Herrera is worth £30m.

Like he might be amazing for us and worth it and yay if he is but that's gonna be a hell of a risk were taking if we go through with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom