• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.
neuer_by_thriller008-d6kd48m.gif

The true captain of Germany/Bayern.

(thanks elsk)

Fuck Bayern

<3 Neuer

#freeNeuer

kharma45

Player values seem to be pretty skewed but I don't see why or how Herrera is worth £30m.

Like he might be amazing for us and worth it and yay if he is but that's gonna be a hell of a risk were taking if we go through with it.

He'd also mean less chance of Giggs and Jones in CM. It's worth it for that alone.

He'd also mean less chance of Giggs and Jones in CM. It's worth it for that alone.
I'm fully aboard, lets do it.

But let's not pretend he's proven that he is worth that price tag, not yet he hasn't. Not by a long shot. The guy hasn't even been capped for Spain.

I do think he could be really really good for us but it's still a big risk.

I think Viva means we should be embarrassed at our ineptitude in the transfer market. We could have gotten Fellaini for £23m in July but we didn't bid coz we thought we could get him cheaper once his clause expired. That's most likely not gonna happen now.

We've wasted the time that should have been spent integrating him into the team coz we thought we could save a couple of million quid. Which is a pittance for United. And in the end we're still going to overpay.

I have nothing to back this up but I don't believe we thought we could get him cheaper after his clause expired. I think he was far down our shortlist and that we just weren't interested prior to it expiring.

Herrera's good Utd-bros. potentially great anyway. At this point in the window, you're gonna have to overspend on players, and really, what's an extra €6m really?

Worth £70 million expenditure alone.

I'm fully aboard, lets do it.

But let's not pretend he's proven that he is worth that price tag, not yet he hasn't. Not by a long shot. The guy hasn't even been capped for Spain.

I do think he could be really really good for us but it's still a big risk.

Not that that means much when Iniesta, Busquets, Xavi, Fabregas, Alonso are ahead of you. Thiago doesn't get into that.

Wilbur

Banned
Player values seem to be pretty skewed but I don't see why or how Herrera is worth £30m.

Like he might be amazing for us and worth it and yay if he is but that's gonna be a hell of a risk were taking if we go through with it.

He's what, 21, 22? He's a box to box midfielder who has been one of Bilbao's more consistent performers the times I've watched them over the past two years, and we just need to pay these prices. City have gone out there and spent 35m on a central midfielder this summer, Spurs have spent 30m on two separate players.

Should we have gone for cheaper options like Paulinho and Capoue? Yeah. I find it fucking gross incompetence that we didn't. But at this point, we have the money, we need to make signings. I'd value someone of Herrera's potential considering the market, and his age and performances up until now at £25m. An extra 6 or 8m Euros on top of that really isn't a deal breaker for me.

Salvadora

I think Viva means we should be embarrassed at our ineptitude in the transfer market. We could have gotten Fellaini for £23m in July but we didn't bid coz we thought we could get him cheaper once his clause expired. That's most likely not gonna happen now.

We've wasted the time that should have been spent integrating him into the team coz we thought we could save a couple of million quid. Which is a pittance for United. And in the end we're still going to overpay.
That is the weird thing, Moyes was Everton's ex-manager.

He must of known what they would and would not accept.

He's what, 21, 22? He's a box to box midfielder who has been one of Bilbao's more consistent performers the times I've watched them over the past two years, and we just need to pay these prices. City have gone out there and spent 35m on a central midfielder this summer, Spurs have spent 30m on two separate players.

Should we have gone for cheaper options like Paulinho and Capoue? Yeah. I find it fucking gross incompetence that we didn't. But at this point, we have the money, we need to make signings. I'd value someone of Herrera's potential considering the market, and his age and performances up until now at £25m. An extra 6 or 8m Euros on top of that really isn't a deal breaker for me.

kharma45

24 actually, older than I thought too.

Wilbur

Banned
Not that that means much when Iniesta, Busquets, Xavi, Fabregas, Alonso are ahead of you. Thiago doesn't get into that.

Iniesta
Busquets
Xavi
Fabregas
Alonso
Thiago
Martinez

Not to mention Isco, Silva, Navas, Mata and Cazorla. Let's not use him being uncapped as a barometer of quality. It's like saying Kermit the Dog is a shit keeper because he's behind De Gea, Roy Carroll and Victor Valdes.

24 actually, older than I thought too.

okay lets not spend it.

Yen

Suso
Iniesta
Busquets
Xavi
Fabregas
Alonso
Thiago
Martinez

Not to mention Isco, Silva, Navas, Mata and Cazorla. Let's not use him being uncapped as a barometer of quality. It's like saying Kermit the Dog is a shit keeper because he's behind De Gea, Roy Carroll and Victor Valdes.

okay lets not spend it.

arkon

So I've done some youtube scouting and this Herrera guy doesn't look that good, although he did score a peach against Barcelona(?). Oliver Torres looks much better.

I'm not saying he's crap.

I'm saying when you're paying £30m if that player justifies the price tag, I think it's fair to say he could have been involved for Spain.

Again, he may be great for us, may well go on to play for Spain. But if we pay £30m for him, it's over paying.

I'm saying when you're paying £30m if that player justifies the price tag, I think it's fair to say he could have been involved for Spain.

Again, he may be great for us, may well go on to play for Spain. But if we pay £30m for him, it's over paying.

Yup. It is. But do we risk not spending at all?

Wilbur

Banned

Think we have to accept at this point we're going to be overpaying for whoever we bring in.

Clegg

So I've done some youtube scouting and this Herrera guy doesn't look that good, although he did score a peach against Barcelona(?). Oliver Torres looks much better.

If you believe the rumours then Barca got a first right of refusal for Torres when they sold Villa to Atletico.

Draxler (lol dat Bond villain name) looks awesome from YouTube vids. But then again, anyone can look good in a complitation vid...

Just hope Wenger goes for this guy.

arkon

If you believe the rumours then Barca got a first right of refusal for Torres when they sold Villa to Atletico.

Yeah. That's what I heard as well. Crazy to think what they might have had in the future if Thiago had stayed on as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom