• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

Chelsea are reluctant to loan Victor Moses to Liverpool despite him wanting to go there, and Liverpool's willingness to pay a loan fee as well as the player's wages. They see us as CL spot competition and don't want to strengthen us.

Exactly which Liverpool are you talking about here, Chelsea? Give us Moses. We aren't going to get fourth you player hoarding douche rockets.

Also, reports of a 19m bid for Yarmolenko have been rubbished by the Echo. Our targets for the weekend are Sakho, Ilori (both having medicals today or tomorrow), Moses and Given (both on loan). It would appear that we aren't after any more big targets, having missed out on Mkhitaryan, Costa and Willian.

Moses will be a good solution until the next window.

Xin, you get two. One to use whenever and one in January.

noal

Banned
Just won the FA cup on FM 2009 and in the champions league final. Lost the league by 1 point to Newcastle. Bollocks.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
iYRZWQSCZO2BU.gif

what movie is this horrible acting from?

omgkitty

Apparently Arsenal won't offer more than £12m so Newcastle have called off negotiations. Cheap assholes. I'd honestly go nuts if they were my club. So much fucking money available and so unwilling to spend it.

Don't worry we're saving all our money for half of Madrids squad ;)
:(

Zabojnik

I can only assume that Galliani knows he has Honda in his pocket already and is just stalling. That's the only way I can explain why Milan won't budge from the 3M€ bid. If they didn't before (and they did), they certainly have the money now. Even doubling the bid wouldn't change anything for them, so ... He's just trolling.

Fry

Spurs signed LAMELA AND ERIKSEN???

Holy shit, they don't sign one bad player. Only class and potential filled ones.

FUCK ME

MPW

Spurs signed LAMELA AND ERIKSEN???

Holy shit, they don't sign one bad player. Only class and potential filled ones.

FUCK ME

spent over 110m this transfer season

i hope something goes wrong bale transfer doesn't go through

4 way title race would be very exciting

Sloosha

congrats Bayeern when it went to penalties I just knew Lukaku was gonna be the one to miss but I cant be upset with him he is still young

Yeah, hopefully he will be able to bounce back quickly.

I was really impressed with Schurrle's first half performance today; he looked pretty sharp on the counter and put in some lovely crosses.

xintin

Yeah, hopefully he will be able to bounce back quickly.

I was really impressed with Schurrle's first half performance today; he looked pretty sharp on the counter and put in some lovely crosses.
I really worry for Lukaku because I don't think he will get the minutes to rebuild some confidence. Ba is probably going to Newcastle and it's going to be Torres and Eto'o rotating for first choice.

Maybe we should loan him out again so he can get the experience and just have Schurrle as emergency third choice.

Also, class from Van Buyten to console the kid at the end :)

I really wish the transfer window would just end. We're not getting Di Maria or anyone like him--are you crazy? C'mon. Whenever I come here and see all of the work the teams around us are doing (aside from United, but I'm of the mind that they're not wanting for much) I come down pretty heavy.

MPW

Monaco

Arrivals: £128,656,000

Borja López - £1,936,000
Jérémy Toulalan - £4,400,000
Falcao - £52,800,000
James Rodríguez - £39,600,000
João Moutinho - £22,000,000
Anthony Martial - £4,400,00
Nicolas Isimat-Mirin - £3,520,000

Departures: £4,620,000

Ibrahima Touré - £3,300,000

Carl Medjani - £1,320,000

Transfer Expenditures: £124,036,000

This is BEFORE signing Kondogbia.

tumblr_mak6ktGGkA1ru90dzo1_250.gif

I can only assume that Galliani knows he has Honda in his pocket already and is just stalling. That's the only way I can explain why Milan won't budge from the 3M€ bid. If they didn't before (and they did), they certainly have the money now. Even doubling the bid wouldn't change anything for them, so ... He's just trolling.

Yeah Galliani and CSKA are just trolling each other at this point. My guess is one side or the other will budge at literally the last minute of the window, either way Honda is at Milan this summer.

Monaco

Borja López - £1,936,000
Falcao - £52,800,000

Dat FFP. Making Berlucunt look like a liar or an idiot (probably both).

Timurid

Monaco

Borja López - £1,936,000
Falcao - £52,800,000

And you're spending 100 mil on a dud.

MPW

And you're spending 100 mil on a dud.

bale to madrid ain't happening brol

Klopp: "This morning I sent Boateng a text at 11 am typing "Schalke?" with 8 questionmarks but he hasn't replied."

man i would love to see Klopp be madrid's coach in couple of seasons

Sloosha

I really worry for Lukaku because I don't think he will get the minutes to rebuild some confidence. Ba is probably going to Newcastle and it's going to be Torres and Eto'o rotating for first choice.

Maybe we should loan him out again so he can get the experience and just have Schurrle as emergency third choice.

Also, class from Van Buyten to console the kid at the end :)

Luiz had some nice words for him as well.

We seem so adamant to keep him and not let him go out on loan though that you'd hope we have some sort of plan to get him adequate game time. Same with Van Ginkel.

Hopefully we get to see some new pivot combinations in the coming weeks. I thought Lampard was going to be used sparingly this season.

556360_10202141457882580_2025433046_n.jpg

bale to madrid ain't happening brol

Klopp: "This morning I sent Boateng a text at 11 am typing "Schalke?" with 8 questionmarks but he hasn't replied."

man i would love to see Klopp be madrid's coach in couple of seasons

I just want to see the transfer fail for the meltdowns

flippedb

Banned

I really hope so. Considering the team had around 8M before the UCL playoffs, now around 10M because of Boa and then the 8M they got for being in the group stage, Honda shouldn't be an issue. I just hope Galliani doesn't piss CSKA off, or we could see them pulling a Fiore and blocking Honda until December.

The difference is that Cech has been doing it for years and has arguably won trophies for Chelsea with his performances. De Gea was very good last season but one very good season does not earn you a place among the best. It's about performing at the highest level on a consistent basis, De Gea has not done that yet.

I completely agree. De Gea is not there yet.

I was trying to make that point with my post as well.

Zabojnik

Well, now that you have have sold Tamarreng, it's gonna be either Honda or Kaka. Or both. Are any other big clubs, the only ones that could potentially afford his wages, even mildly interested in signing Kaka? He's pretty much put himself in a corner by saying he wants to leave.

hiroshawn

Banned
I wish I could start a thread so i don't have to go off topic but I really need a new laptop. Light weight. long battery life and preferably from a company that offers student discount. I was thinking Macbook air or the Sony Pro. Any suggestions lads?

Messi

I wish I could start a thread so i don't have to go off topic but I really need a new laptop. Light weight. long battery life and preferably from a company that offers student discount. I was thinking Macbook air or the Sony Pro. Any suggestions lads?

When we talk about football its considered off topic

If you can afford a MacBook Air then go for it without thinking twice.

Their newest models have great battery and are actually quite powerful.

When we talk about football its considered off topic

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

I told a girl to get a taxi to mine last night.

She did

But I fell asleep before she got to mine. She was basically stranded and had to go back home, woke up with 11 missed calls.

Shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom