• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

Spurs look janky without Bale. They run around a lot and push people over in midfield but they've yet to score a goal from open play despite paying 30m for a new striker.

They've brought in some real class but they'll need time to gel. Now is a good time to play against them.

Arsenal will win 2-0 or 3-0.

rodvik

So whats the best game to DVR tomorrow* then chaps? Crystal Palace/Sunderland has to be the pick of the bunch right?

*its still Friday here :)

Showaddy

Spurs look janky without Bale. They run around a lot and push people over in midfield but they've yet to score a goal from open play despite paying 30m for a new striker.

They've brought in some real class but they'll need time to gel. Now is a good time to play against them.

Arsenal will win 2-0 or 3-0.

I reckon Arsenal will really struggle against Spurs central midfield this year. They got knocked around the park by Aston Villa; Capoue, Paulinho & Dembele will have a right old time with them.

Spurs may well struggle to create much but Arsenal are going to struggle for any continuity as well.

Zabojnik

We signed Sergio Buenacasa. Barca-GAF, is he any good? Apparently he was let go for 'disciplinary problems'?

BS7ytujIQAAkDmG.jpg

FeD.nL

So apparently we're thinking about loaning Tom Carroll from the Spurs. I just hope we don't start loaning too many players, though Andersen needs one more season before he can be of value to our first team.

LTWheels

From the Guardian:

Confusion reigns when Coutinho is asked whether he knew of David Moyes before his arrival in England. "What?" is the reply. Try again. Before coming to England, did you know who David Moyes was? "Who?" One last go. David Moyes? "No."

bjaelke

Fuck Spurs. I'm confident they'll batter Arsenal but I've got no clue who they'll field. Why can't they just do like us and buy mediocre bench players to make it more transparent?
Games are always close.

I, for one, remember one match where you were the better team, but the score didn't reflect that.

What the fuck happened last night. pulga going mental, someone grassing on him, Neuer showing that he could do with having to face a few more shots, Torres scoring in Europe again, Ramires being shit again, Mourinho whinging about getting off lightly again.

Football is back

Salazar

What the fuck happened last night. pulga going mental, someone grassing on him, Neuer showing that he could do with having to face a few more shots, Torres scoring in Europe again, Ramires being shit again, Mourinho whinging about getting off lightly again.

Football is back

lol at the commentator saying you don't associate Torres with petulant shit

Yes you fucking well do.

Pachimari

So Gareth Bale could eventually become official today, especially as Spurs seem to have completed most of their transfers, lately Lamela and Eriksen.

I expect this to happen in the next 2 days:

- Gareth Bale IN.
- Kaká OUT on loan.
- Fabio Coentrao OUT.
- Siqueira IN.

I'm a little bit sceptical if we have enough time to off-load both Kaká and Coentrao now.

Salazar

Is it wrong that I feel very little sympathy for clearly guilty people who get put on death row for smuggling drugs in Asia?

No.

I'm sure the odd person does get blackmailed or tricked into being a mule, but a handy proportion of them just seem stupid enough to think it ain't going to end in tears.

rodvik

From the Guardian:

Confusion reigns when Coutinho is asked whether he knew of David Moyes before his arrival in England. "What?" is the reply. Try again. Before coming to England, did you know who David Moyes was? "Who?" One last go. David Moyes? "No."

Why should he? How many English players have heard of Zdeněk Zeman?

valeo

So Coutinho and that div G-Unit are intellectual equals

Might possibly be due to the fact that English is his 2nd language. How is your Portugese?

Pretty bloody pathetic by the Guardian.

Arsenal linked with Draxler today.

As if we are going to fork out 40-50m on him. He just signed a new contract.

So Gareth Bale could eventually become official today, especially as Spurs seem to have completed most of their transfers, lately Lamela and Eriksen.

I expect this to happen in the next 2 days:

- Gareth Bale IN.
- Kaká OUT on loan.
- Fabio Coentrao OUT.
- Siqueira IN.

I'm a little bit sceptical if we have enough time to off-load both Kaká and Coentrao now.

Spurs will sign Coentrao.

valeo

He said without the slightest sense of jealousy.

Tbh in regards to Eriksen it is telling that no other club went after him despite him whoring himself out for the entire transfer window.

Lamela is a bit like Taarabt in that he has flashes of brilliance but never strings it together consistently.

Chiriches - no idea.

Capoue and Soldado were their best signings. Paulinho might get better.

The biggest advantage they have is the sheer strength in depth.

Salazar

Tines reporting United want 3 midfielders in before the window closes; Fellaini, Herrera and De Rossi

De Rossi would be a laugh, for dc-related reasons. But genuinely cannot see it.

Fellaini will get done. I reckon we will squeeze in a Herrera deal. I hope we overpay so drastically that Viva walks out into the street and punches a random car.

GorillaJu

Met with a friend who works on PES2014 at Konami in Tokyo today. He was pretty proud of the animation work and the new engine but said there's kind of a prevailing atmosphere around the office that 14 is actually a step backward from the previous few. He didnt seem very positive, no where near the level of positivity the game is getting on Gaf gaming side.

Met with a friend who works on PES2014 at Konami in Tokyo today. He was pretty proud of the animation work and the new engine but said there's kind of a prevailing atmosphere around the office that 14 is actually a step backward from the previous few. He didnt seem very positive, no where near the level of positivity the game is getting on Gaf gaming side.

tumblr_mpnn9aR8dW1rb06tgo1_500.gif

Post that on gaming side.

Blablurn

fuck : (

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom