• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Camoranesi: "Matri to Milan? Without offending anyone, I don't think Matri is an irreplaceable player."

"Bale or Tevez? You must be joking! Carlitos has proven himself at great teams. Bale, at Tottenham, a 2nd tier club."

tumblr_m2ybg3inwP1qihztbo1_400.gif

49157-george-takei-oh-my-gif-e64l.gif

fuenf

I'd be stunned if Wenger paid that much.

Time to move on to the next target then.

And even if Wenger would pay up, I still wouldnt be sure that Draxler actually wants to go to Arsenal. I mean why would he want to ruin his career like that?

If he hasnt already signed a pre-contract he just needs to call Uli and he'll be a Bayern player whenever he chooses. Manu / Chelsea / City / Barca / Real (after either Bale has failed or Ronaldo wants to leave) will surely come on knocking again next season.

Mastadon

Banned
I'd love Draxler to Arsenal to happen for several reasons.

1) He's an absolutely delightful little player, and would love to have him in the league.
B) Despite this, he wouldn't significantly improve Arsenal as a team, as they have quality in that area already.
iii) He'd cost an absolute fortune and would prevent Arsenal from strengthening other areas.

Result predictions for today:

Man City 4 - 1 Hull
Cardiff 2 - 1 Everton
Newcastle 1 - 0 Fulham
Norwich 1 - 3 Southampton
West Ham 2 - 0 Stoke
Palace 1 - 2 Sunderland

Liverpool 2 - 2 Man Utd
WBA 0 - 1 Swansea
Arsenal 2 - 3 Spurs

Manager

Maybe already discussed, but doesnt some PL teams now have very big squads? Most managers talk about wanting 2 players for each position, so 22.

Excluding youth and 3rd choice keepers:
Chelsea 25
Man Utd 27
Tottenham 26
Arsenal 24.5
Liverpool 22, but they want to add some. City at 22 but they might sell/buy.

Is it a case of not being able to get rid or are such large squads just needed?

Salvadora

And even if Wenger would pay up, I still wouldnt be sure that Draxler actually wants to go to Arsenal. I mean why would he want to ruin his career like that?

If he hasnt already signed a pre-contract he just needs to call Uli and he'll be a Bayern player whenever he chooses. Manu / Chelsea / City / Barca / Real (after either Bale has failed or Ronaldo wants to leave) will surely come on knocking again next season.
Out of interest, why would it ruin his career?

He is only 19 and Arsenal have a proven track record of developing players into stars. Surely Madrid of all places would pose a much greater risk.

By the way, I don't think it has any chance of happening.

EvilKagawa is so awesome:

Kagawa once shout 'MISS' as Persie kick penalty. MISTAKE! Fergson smash withered fist in to teeth of Kagawa. So funny........Persie missed!

During train I score 100/100 penalty. So Moyes put Anderson in goal. I score 100/100 penalty! Need more than fat bastard stop Kagawa!

Fans of Chelsea shout to Mourinho, "WHY YOU NO PLAY PLAY-A-MAKER MATA? ARE YOU MOYES IN DISGUISE!" Is Mourinho dressed as a skelington!?

Maybe already discussed, but doesnt some PL teams now have very big squads? Most managers talk about wanting 2 players for each position, so 22.

Excluding youth and 3rd choice keepers:
Chelsea 25
Man Utd 27
Tottenham 26
Arsenal 24.5
Liverpool 22, but they want to add some. City at 22 but they might sell/buy.

Is it a case of not being able to get rid or are such large squads just needed?
27 sounds like its 2/3 more than what we have but our squad is definitely bloated. If we sign a couple of guys before the window shuts we have too many.

dc89

Garcia: "De Rossi is a Roma legend and wants to play for Roma.We said that after a certain point in the summer, he'd no longer be for sale."

Garcia: "That date has passed and he will be with us for the entire season."

@Marcotti

---

Unlucky United. Chalk another name off the list.

fuenf

Out of interest, why would it ruin his career?

He is only 19 and Arsenal have a proven track record of developing players into stars. Surely Madrid of all places would pose a much greater risk.

By the way, I don't think it has any chance of happening.

And a proven track record of refusing to sell the players once they are developed. I like Arsenal but with ManU / City / Chelsea and Tottenham they'll be lucky to finish 4th. He'd basically switch from the 'German Arsenal' to the original one+ having to deal with a new country / style of football. At Schalke he is their biggest star and they fans will always love him.

Like I said, I know I'm biased but Bayern is logical destination for him and he knows it. A team like Chelsea / ManU / Barca / Real could persuade him otherwise but I don't see it.

You are right Real Madrid would be the worst possible option, but they have a knack of tricking young players into believing they could be the next Zidane.

the ruin his career quote was a bit provocative from my side, but I just feel like he has brighter future lying ahead of him

EvilKagawa is so awesome:

Kagawa once shout 'MISS' as Persie kick penalty. MISTAKE! Fergson smash withered fist in to teeth of Kagawa. So funny........Persie missed!

During train I score 100/100 penalty. So Moyes put Anderson in goal. I score 100/100 penalty! Need more than fat bastard stop Kagawa!

Fans of Chelsea shout to Mourinho, "WHY YOU NO PLAY PLAY-A-MAKER MATA? ARE YOU MOYES IN DISGUISE!" Is Mourinho dressed as a skelington!?

Yeah, I always look for his tweets.

Manager

Hart, Zabaleta, Kolarov, Nastasic, Lescott, Fernandinho, Toure (c), Silva, Aguero, Dzeko, Navas

Jovetic seems to be on the bench.

Salvadora

And a proven track record of refusing to sell the players once they are developed. I like Arsenal but with ManU / City / Chelsea and Tottenham they'll be lucky to finish 4th. He'd basically switch from the 'German Arsenal' to the original one+ having to deal with a new country / style of football. At Schalke he is their biggest star and they fans will always love him.

Like I said, I know I'm biased but Bayern is logical destination for him and he knows it. A team like Chelsea / ManU / Barca / Real could persuade him otherwise but I don't see it.

You are right Real Madrid would be the worst possible option, but they have a knack of tricking young players into believing they could be the next Zidane.

the ruin his career quote was a bit provocative from my side, but I just feel like he has brighter future lying ahead of him
u wot m8?

Salazar

Garcia: "De Rossi is a Roma legend and wants to play for Roma.We said that after a certain point in the summer, he'd no longer be for sale."

Garcia: "That date has passed and he will be with us for the entire season."

Sounds like Roma were taking the piss.

noal

Banned
I reckon City might get a few goals today. They will want to get back on the right track after last week. Should be a good game.

Gambit

That Neuer gif is so good. I can only agree with the true captain sentiments.

I actually remember reading rumours from different sources that Draxler has already signed sucha pre-contract. His interviews, showing understanding towards Götze's move to Bayern, also seem to indicate such a willingness. In fact, I think he even defended Neuer back then

So yea, Draxler-Götze will be the next Robbery. It is known.

K1LLER7

Interesting quotes from PC by Ernesto Valverde (Athletic manager): "There's been some commotion with Ander. He's ready to play. If he does play is another question."

"I have no doubts.If he plays or not,that's the manager's decision. Not only if the player is ready.We have Mikel who is important."

"Ander has not refused to play at Bernabeu (Athletic's next game v Real Madrid), nor has he told me he wants to go to United."

"To play in the situation he is in is not habitual. I've spoken to him and he's within conditions to play". "In the biggest clubs you're always prepared for a switch of players. They know it's a environment in which they leave."

Manager

Hull:McGregor, Figueroa, Chester, Davies, Elmohamady, Huddlestone, Koren, Livermore, Brady, Aluko, Graham

City bench:
Pantilimon, Clichy, Negredo, Milner, Nasri, Garcia, Jovetic

Rodwell out of squad.

K1LLER7

Valverde: "Adu has had some problems during the week and Muniain as well. Therefore we go 19".

Valverde: "We don't go 19 because of the situation with Herrera, but it does affect."

Valverde: "We go 19 due to several circumstances, and this with Ander does influence."

Apparently he could be out the squad.

Wooders get it done.

Manager

City v Hull is the LEAST appealing game on today

I would legit rather watch West Ham v Stoke.

edit: why did I say Fulham?

Surely as a neutral City>Sunderland and Hull>Palace. Will probably be a pretty even match, Pellegrinis tactics will take time to learn. Specially set pieces are redone, man instead of zonal.

noal

Banned
Valverde: "Adu has had some problems during the week and Muniain as well. Therefore we go 19".

Valverde: "We don't go 19 because of the situation with Herrera, but it does affect."

Valverde: "We go 19 due to several circumstances, and this with Ander does influence."

Apparently he could be out the squad.

Wooders get it done.

Some good news at last?

Woodward! Stop polishing your forehead and get on with it.

confuziz

Banned
Strootman is probably going to make his official debut tomorrow for Roma (after his minor injury). I have a feeling he is going to do well for them.

Manager

Strootman is probably going to make his official debut tomorrow for Roma (after his minor injury). I have a feeling he is going to do well for them.

People ridicule how Eriksen was cheaper than him, is rhe claim legit?

(Though E only had one year left)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom