• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

confuziz

Banned
People ridicule how Eriksen was cheaper than him, is rhe claim legit?

(Though E only had one year left)

Well he hasn't proven himself yet in a topleague (just like Eriksen) so you can't really tell if the 20 million is right or not. For me, Strootman is a leader on and off the field, while Eriksen is 'just' an excellent CM.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Won't somebody please think of De Rossi.

He's 30 and this is his last change at being relevant.

United

pls

EliCash

In my dream I was watching sky sports news and Chelsea signed Rooney, and then let him go for free just before the transfer window closed, so Rooney didn't have a club. Dream logic. Moyes was raging, but then my brain could no longer be bothered with David Moyes so he changed to AVB. I was then arguing in a pub that Mourinho was a genius and it was all mind games and that's part of football, no-one agreed. Disappointed my mind couldn't be bothered conjuring up a Mourinho press conference to talk about it. It was a very poor imagining of it all truth be told.

de gea needs to get on skype and start tapping up

they must have played together at spanish u21 level

And say come here and people will say you're not good enough for your first few months and not cut out for the English game and the best league in the world? You may be able to do it in La Liga or in Europe but can you do it on a wet night in Stoke?

Edit: god didn't see the last 2 posts

I actually remember reading rumours from different sources that Draxler has already signed sucha pre-contract. His interviews, showing understanding towards Götze's move to Bayern, also seem to indicate such a willingness. In fact, I think he even defended Neuer back then

So yea, Draxler-Götze will be the next Robbery. It is known.

But would Bayern really pay the 45m release clause next season? Can't see that happening to be honest. Unless Ribery and/or Robben fuck themselves up with injuries. And a pre-contract for 2015 or something seems a bit odd.

Empty

And say come here and people will say you're not good enough for your first few months and not cut out for the English game and the best league in the world? You may be able to do it in La Liga or in Europe but can you do it on a wet night in Stoke?

sure, then he ends with 'needless to say i had the last laugh'.

Hixx

Surely as a neutral City>Sunderland and Hull>Palace. Will probably be a pretty even match, Pellegrinis tactics will take time to learn. Specially set pieces are redone, man instead of zonal.

this thread is like banging your head against a giant spiked wall

just because I support a currently less successful club does not mean I my opinions have to be weighed on the club I fucking support

Is it wrong that I hope we won't spend that much money again next season? It's just too much these days. I'd honestly rather have Bayern share some of the money with weaker/smaller clubs than have them spend 45m on Draxler.

45m on Draxler would be even worse than spending 25m on Thiago. Would be an absolutely unnecessary move.

Wilbur

Banned
this thread is like banging your head against a giant spiked wall

just because I support a currently less successful club does not mean I my opinions have to be weighed on the club I fucking support

Cardiff - Everton and Norwich - Southampton are far more appealing to a neutral than a one sided City banging

Mastadon

Banned
So what did Roger's say on the BBC?

Not much to be honest. He basically said that he feels the team is more consistent now with 10 wins, 4 draws in our last 15 games. Pleased with contributions of Sturridge and Cout and said that money is available to get a £30m player but difficult to compete with other clubs due to no CL.

Also said that his expectation is that we'll be competing for CL by the end of his three year contract. Gave Robbie Savage a bit of a hug.

Give me details.

I'm sat on a bench nibbling a sandwich as I try and battle this colossal hangover. Done with drink, it's poison.

Suck it up Arnie. It's a fucking walk in the park when you're young, you don't even know what a hangover is! Wait til you get to my age!

Linius

Haha :p The company that owns us right now is worth like 40 million euros, but I guess I shouldn't complain considering the teams we're up against right now. The team we're playing tomorrow for example has an average home attendance of 600... yeah.

Wait what? Who do you support again? :lol

Cunts Gaf aka Spurs Gaf is Tom Carrol any good?

Maybe already discussed, but doesnt some PL teams now have very big squads? Most managers talk about wanting 2 players for each position, so 22.

Excluding youth and 3rd choice keepers:
Chelsea 25
Man Utd 27
Tottenham 26
Arsenal 24.5
Liverpool 22, but they want to add some. City at 22 but they might sell/buy.

Is it a case of not being able to get rid or are such large squads just needed?
José said in a presser that he wants a 22 man squad. So presumably we have some players on the way out on loan.

Linius

José said in a presser that he wants a 22 man squad. So presumably we have some players on the way out on loan.

nAEe9QX.jpg

Be nice Chelsea. Please.

fuenf

Is it wrong that I hope we won't spend that much money again next season? It's just too much these days. I'd honestly rather have Bayern share some of the money with weaker/smaller clubs than have them spend 45m on Draxler.

Isn't that what they are doing if they pay Schalke 45m?

45m on Draxler would be even worse than spending 25m on Thiago. Would be an absolutely unnecessary move.

Well I could see the Bayern team changing quite a bit last season. Lewandowski will most likely lead to Mandzu's departure which will leave us with one striker.

They just extended a 30 year old Ribery which makes me doubt that 30 year old Robben will also get an extension (he's even more reliant on his speed / injury prone than Ribery and could fall of a cliff relatively soon). Robben leaving would clear up the spot for Draxler. Shaqiri might want to leave too if he can't manage to crack the starting eleven soon.

On defense Dante isnt getting any better, which will leave us with 1 or 2 capable CBs (if Badstuber makes it).

And as much as it pains me to say but the World Cup could provide an believable "out" for Schweinsteiger. It's a small sample size but of all our midfielders he has looked the worst in Pep's system. Kroos of all people looked far more agile on his position and Javi was just on a whole different level compared to him.

Arnie

Suck it up Arnie. It's a fucking walk in the park when you're young, you don't even know what a hangover is! Wait til you get to my age!

I'm terrible after drink.

Had some food, fluid, and a shit, so hopefully with the addition of a nap I'll course-correct myself for the rest of the day.

Linius

Didn't we already reject a loan offer from you guys?

Anyway, we'll need him once Mourinho has had enough of a Ramires-Lampard partnership.

Well not really rejected. It was more of a casual conversation in Monaco between Overmars and someone from Chelsea. The Chelsea guy supposedly said he's not leaving on loan for now. On what that depends isn't clear. If you ask me Chelsea's midfield is overcrowded already so I wouldn't be surprised if Van Ginkel gets little to no minutes. And if he wants to make a chance to go to Brazil he needs to be a starter weekly so his choice for Chelsea was kind of dumb decision anyways. The story that goes round is that the people at Vitesse pushed him towards Chelsea and neglected any talks with Ajax. They didn't even pick up the phone to formally accept and then deny a bid from our side.

Long story short, let me hope he still comes :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom