• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manager

this thread is like banging your head against a giant spiked wall

just because I support a currently less successful club does not mean I my opinions have to be weighed on the club I fucking support

What? The Sunderland match is the other one being televised today and you compared them.

qindarka

Banned
Well not really rejected. It was more of a casual conversation in Monaco between Overmars and someone from Chelsea. The Chelsea guy supposedly said he's not leaving on loan for now. On what that depends isn't clear. If you ask me Chelsea's midfield is overcrowded already so I wouldn't be surprised if Van Ginkel gets little to no minutes. And if he wants to make a chance to go to Brazil he needs to be a starter weekly so his choice for Chelsea was kind of dumb decision anyways. The story that goes round is that the people at Vitesse pushed him towards Chelsea and neglected any talks with Ajax. They didn't even pick up the phone to formally accept and then deny a bid from our side.

Long story short, let me hope he still comes :p

Chelsea's centre midfield is weak. If he takes his chance well when given a run in the team, there is no reason why he can't be looking at a starting spot here.

Hixx

grahama9uef.gif

danny boy pls

edit: gifcam is shit fuck this

Empty

Just got back from the gym. Someone bring me up to speed.

very open match

city defending badly and haven't settled. hull missed an easy one on one, had an offside goal ruled out, few other decent chances.

city created two good chances. lescott and kolarov with headers that mccregor saved well.

valeo

Why is City struggling? They have amazing players and a great manager.

Because it's football. Just because you spend money on great players and a great manager doesn't necessarily meant it will all gel.

Anyway, it's only the first 15 mins. Could still end up 10-0 to City.

dc89

Shit defending

Hull have had a goal (rightly) ruled out and missed a complete sitter.

City have been awful.

Hull unlucky not to be two goals up.

open match

city defending badly. hull missed an easy one on one, had an offside goal ruled out, few other decent chances.

city created two good chances. lescott and kolarov with headers.

Yikes. Where's the swashbuckling side that did Newcastle over?!

panty

Because it's football. Just because you spend money on great players and a great manager doesn't necessarily meant it will all gel.

Anyway, it's only the first 15 mins. Could still end up 10-0 to City.

Yes it's been 15mins but Hull shouldn't have had those chances against a team like this. What about last week's loss?

Navas is on and that's about it when it comes to new players right? They have played together long enough to function properly. City's individual talent is far greater than Hull's.

valeo

You guys are all overreacting. City aren't playing that bad and will probably score soon.

No Kompany, different formation - obviously going to take a while.

Yes it's been 15mins but Hull shouldn't have had those chances against a team like this. What about last week's loss?

Navas is on and that's about it when it comes to new players right? They have played together long enough to function properly. City's individual talent is far greater than Hull's.

Like I said, it's football - individual talent isn't the be all and end all. That's why we all love it, right? Anything can happen. In most other sports this isn't the case.

Smaller teams quite often have a big burst of energy in the first 20-30 minutes, create a few chances and if they don't take it they drop off. It's not uncommon.

Also - Fernandinho and Navas are all new + obviously a new coach who has never coached in the Prem before.

p.s. I hope Man City loses. 30m for Fernandinho? You're 'avin a laugh.

Wilbur

Banned

Fernandinho as well. Defence looks shaky as fuck.

Empty

i like what i've seen of hull

they'll probably lose after squandering those early chances but they are entertaining to watch. from the all action style of mcgregor, huddlestone's passing and trying to play it out from the back a lot. that counter before playing it out for graham to get treatment was lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom