• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

faridmon

West Ham desperately need a striker. Everton desperately need to stop playing their striker. Southampton desperately need to decide who will be their top striker.

The best league in the world.

Sometimes you say the most poetic speech in the world.

faridmon

I didn't think Martinez was a good appointment at the time. Its early, but I don't think it now either.

I don't think there are better manager out there who would manage Everton. I would definitely take a foreign manager, but I say Martinez isn't such a bad appointment.

Style needs to be change, players needs to be found who would play such style and there is a lot of man management done which isn't gonna happen overnight.

Carbonox

Am I the only one who thinks that Ameobi looked more hardworking than Cisse on the pitch today? That is really saying something

Shola Ameobi was never a prolific goalscorer but he works hard which is admirable. He is however far more productive on the pitch than Cisse cos he actually contributes to play in other areas. Cisse is just a lazy mug. Fair enough Cisse has scored more goals but that's it.

If we can get Ba and/or Gomis in, I'll be far more confident of our goal scoring capabilities. Ba is proven for us so I'd prefer to get him in, even if it's a loan. Cisse can't be a starting player for us anymore. It's just ludicrous.

Accept the crew invite you little tit

:p

ALL DONE PLAY IN THE SUN

I didn't think Martinez was a good appointment at the time. Its early, but I don't think it now either.

Not based on Everton, but questions have to be asked about his motivational skills pre-March. He and his Wigan team were capable of great results over relatively long periods, but not once did they look like doing it before getting into the relegation scraps

Would've taken a 0-0 before the game, 1.3pts per game will do us until the end of the season... Next game against Hull away is huge now, will be interesting to see if we keep the same formation/tactics.

Götze out for a month again?

a22Vi17.gif

Fergie

Banned
Hopefully Game flop and release GTA early to me.

A lot of EPL teams have bought loads of players in. Probably take a bit of time. Still break won't help, loads of injuries could occur.

GorillaJu

That Sakho picture is shopped. Look at his face, it's a different resolution from the rest of the picture. I bet that's Sakho's face on Cissokho's body :lol

Salvadora

Schalke's manager has confirmed that Draxler is staying.
Not only him. First, Vermaelen destroyed Bender and then Götze went off. Completely fucked us up in that match.
Mertesacker scored in one of those matches, didn't he? Looking forward to our two matches, you're a similar club to ourselves in some respects. Exciting team, brilliant manager.

Mertesacker scored in one of those matches, didn't he? Looking forward to our two matches, you're a similar club to ourselves in some respects. Exciting team, brilliant manager.

No, van Persie destroyed our (in that season's CL) shitty defense. 3 goals in two matches, thanks Fergie lol

GorillaJu

Le Parisian says Sakho is on 80k per week with a 4 yr contract, and that we have been in touch with him since last winter. They claim Liverpool has always been his preferred destination.

You guys reckon that's likely? I imagine we'd start him off around 60k - coming from a big team, highly rated player with competition from big dogs for his signature, 60k sounds about right for what we normally pay these days

If it's really 80k p/w, he'll be starting week in week out, no question.

In fact I think he'll be starting as soon as we get back from the International break. Agger desperately needs time to heal, and Sakho will be able to play on the left of central defense with Toure on the right. Then when Agger is fit, the three of them will probaly be rotated a fair bit depending on fitness... but Sakho/Toure as our pairing is probably the most solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom