• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

mellz

Don't get why Blanc doesn't sub in Verratti instead of Motta or Matuidi, don't need both of them when the game is like this.

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah I think Sakho - Toure would be best. Always thought Agger's horrifically overrated; he's pretty good but by default has been Liverpool's best for a while due to Skrtel being shite and Carragher being old as fuck. When City were mooted to make a 25m bid or whatever it was I was creasing.

Think he's far too prone to brainmelts and I think because he's relatively comfortable with the ball at his feet Rodgers allows it. A bit like everyone thinking Vermaelen was good when he scored goals before he stopped doing that and everyone realised he was fucking shit.

What's even the point of saying "Crystal Palace have never lost the first three games of a Premier League Season" when they have only been in the top flight for one year out of the past fifteen seasons?

I guess it shouldn't, but commentators coming in with those kinds of useless stats does my head in.

By the way guys, I'm not sure this crew has anything to do with organising things in the actual game. Its just a bit of fun and an XP booster as far as I can tell. There'd better be good group/clan support in the game, and hopefully if there is the crew will make it a bit easier to manage. Who wants to be clan leader if there is such a role?

K1LLER7

By the way guys, I'm not sure this crew has anything to do with organising things in the actual game. Its just a bit of fun and an XP booster as far as I can tell. There'd better be good group/clan support in the game, and hopefully if there is the crew will make it a bit easier to manage. Who wants to be clan leader if there is such a role?
Not me. Last year of Uni so doubt I'll be on it too much.

Wilbur

Banned
#pray4hixx

Fuck me my fantasy team has had a fucking SHOCKER. I think I need to play wildcard already. Mig in goal and RVP up front so someone's losing points tomorrow. 3 man defence, and Clyne and MOlsson didn't even play. FIve man midfield of Whittingham, Mirallas, Barkley, Navas (C) and Nolan.

Fucking shit. I'm playing my wildcard, admitting defeat already and just picking one player from 15 PL teams. Time to leave out the shit teams.

If it's anything like Max Payne then a crew is a clan. I think you can organise crew vs crew matches as well.

Suen

How are Napoli looking? Would love them to do well, if only for 2 people :p
Looking mostly solid, Higuain still seem to have trouble breaking through defense if he's alone but team play is otherwise pretty good. Napoli are dominating mostly but Chievo has been dangerous on some of their counters, doing pretty okay-ish for being against Napoli.

faridmon

Can no one score on Everton? Fellaini do something!

Good thing I captained Coleman instead for the cleansheet.

I think Everton is cursed with strikers. When was the last time we had a great stable consistent striker?

Radzinski in 2002

Fuck it, I am gonna watch Love Lab to get me through this frustrating day.

GorillaJu

Yeah I think Sakho - Toure would be best. Always thought Agger's horrifically overrated; he's pretty good but by default has been Liverpool's best for a while due to Skrtel being shite and Carragher being old as fuck. When City were mooted to make a 25m bid or whatever it was I was creasing.

Think he's far too prone to brainmelts and I think because he's relatively comfortable with the ball at his feet Rodgers allows it. A bit like everyone thinking Vermaelen was good when he scored goals before he stopped doing that and everyone realised he was fucking shit.

Agger definitely has the occasional brain fart and they can cost us a lot, but he's also quick, and like you said is good in possession and can play the ball out of the defense. Having at least one center back that can do that is important to any team that wants to play possession football.

If Agger was at a smaller team, or in a foreign league, Yeah 25m would be nuts, but City bid 25m because they knew we weren't going to just let him go. He's not the best defender in the league but he's important to Liverpool. He's loyal - never agitated for a move despite interest from both Barca and the league champions.

I hope to see a fair bit of Agger/Sakho, Toure/Sakho and Agger/Toure over the season, with Ilori getting cup tie minutes. Ilori is a proper ball-playing CB - he closely resembles Rio Ferdinand. The sooner we can get him in and competing for a spot, the better.

Le Parisian says Sakho is on 80k per week with a 4 yr contract, and that we have been in touch with him since last winter. They claim Liverpool has always been his preferred destination.

You guys reckon that's likely? I imagine we'd start him off around 60k - coming from a big team, highly rated player with competition from big dogs for his signature, 60k sounds about right for what we normally pay these days

If it's really 80k p/w, he'll be starting week in week out, no question.

In fact I think he'll be starting as soon as we get back from the International break. Agger desperately needs time to heal, and Sakho will be able to play on the left of central defense with Toure on the right. Then when Agger is fit, the three of them will probaly be rotated a fair bit depending on fitness... but Sakho/Toure as our pairing is probably the most solid.
Not sure it is £80k, the figures I saw from Le Parisien had the transfer fee in €'s but the wages in £'s so it might actually be around £70k, could be £80k though, I'm just guessing. Either way it's a first-team wage and I imagine he is being signed as a first-teamer. He certainly has the qualities we need, along with being able to cover Agger's position (which is needed especially now seeing as he's apparently playing with a thigh injury) as well as hopefully play alongside him.

fuenf

Draxler looks like he is injured, it seems like it's enough to be associated with Arsenal for the curse to strike you down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom