• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

If we can maintain, say 70% of the possession and just never let United have the ball in attacking areas then we can probably manage a draw.

They're just too fucking good at turning a few seconds of possession into a goal. Welbeck is gonna cause us huge problems, but Rooney likely being absent after his head injury would be helpful. I fear Rooney's creativity more than I fear RVP's finishing. Also need to pray that Valencia goes back to last year's form.

They're gonna have no trouble at all keeping Coutinho and Aspas in check. Maybe Sturridge or Gerrard can pull off a long range wonder goal.

Barzul

Do people really believe Spurs first 11 is better than Arsenal's? I don't. Do they have a more depth filled squad? Yes I think so. But Bale, Modric, Van de Vaart > Paulinho, Soldado and Lamela imo and we were still smashing Spurs when they had that lot. Oh well fun times tomorrow with two great games back to back. Come on you Gunners. Up the Arsenal.

Zabojnik

I'm really pumped for our game. I hope they have had enough rest since those qualifiers were quite draining.

Do people really believe Spurs first 11 is better than Arsenal's? I don't. Do they have a more depth filled squad? Yes I think so. But Bale, Modric, Van de Vaart > Paulinho, Soldado and Lamela imo and we were still smashing Spurs when they had that lot. Oh well fun times tomorrow with two great games back to back. Come on you Gunners. Up the Arsenal.

4th place gets decided today. Excite!

Zabojnik

Gif bonanza! Juve 4 - 1 Lazio goals from yesterday. I had to slow down the action a little because of the janky source. We're not that sluggish in RL. :p

Vidal 1-0, delicious Godba assist
iRv69g3eFcarI.gif

Vidal 2-0, BeckenBonny assist #1
i0lqhWMLox3lV.gif

Vucinic 3-1, KeiserBonny assist #2
imkjo3WbcBOyF.gif

Tevez 4-1
ibaVOPkMjk5Rjn.gif

*bonus* Carlit...NOOOOO
ib0GjBGhwuNE8F.gif

GorillaJu

Spurs replaced world class players with decent ones. Arsenal's first XI is better and the manager is tactically miles ahead. Spurs gonna get trashed.

FootballFan

I was just staring at X/Y covers for a while trying to pick, but the X cover is definitely better. Sticking with it.

X/Y BROS

FootballFan - X
Vivalaraza - X
Wilbury - Y
Killer7 - Y
Freewheelin - X
SleeplessNights - Y
Bumhead - X
Flippedb - X
Dc89
Clegg
Linius
Meier
Spidye
3Sixty
tc91
TrueBlue
D_Prodigy
Arkon
Flintstryker
Willkiller
Feorax
Scum
Hargenx
brokenbeans
Noirulus
SpanishWrath
Pulga

Zabojnik

Your tears will be delicious when Immobile scores a hattrick against Rube.

Tears of silent joy. We want you to be depressed, not suicidal. You should be allowed a victory every 15-20 years at least.
YOU GONNA GET RAPED!

Juve!!! Second unbeaten season starts right there.

I really don't think so, lol. Once CL starts and we go up against some of the better Serie A sides, the music will change. Maybe as soon as two weeks from now, Inter - Juve.

Tevez is a beast, too bad his atitude gets the best of him.

What exactly is his problem? And please don't give me the cheeky "he's an asshole" response. :) On the pitch at least, he's probably the most hardworking player we have right now, up there with Vidal. I also love how he NEVER complains about getting fauled from behind, unlike Balotelli, to name one. Reminds me of how Maradona used to be in that regard. He just takes it, gets up, tanks on. Outside of the pitch ... Dunno, all our players seem to love him, some of them (Chiellini, Pogba) have come out saying that he's the opposite of what they were expecting given his fame as a troublemaker, Conte already adores him. He's exactly the type of player he goes loco for.

What was the source of his problems at United and City? Not being a primadonna?

Blablurn

Tears of silent joy. We want you to be depressed, not suicidal. You should be allowed a victory every 15-20 years at least.
YOU GONNA GET RAPED!

I really don't think so, lol. Once CL starts and we go up against some of the better Serie A sides, the music will change. Maybe as soon as two weeks from now, Inter - Juve.

inter est un mierda

Salazar

Ander Herrera afirma en los micrófonos de @carrusel que se queda en el #AthleticdeBilbao Otro que dice NO al #ManUnited #Fichajes

fuck

Zabojnik

My man

TLoU>Uncharted 2>Infamous>Infamous 2>God of War 3>God of War: Avengance>Uncharted 3

I can see why people who aren't that interested in the genre and who try it for an hour or two might get the wrong idea though. Both games get much better once you start racking up powers. Especially in the sequel. Shit gets pretty epic.

I can see why people who aren't that interested in the genre and who try it for an hour or two might get the wrong idea though. Both games get much better once you start racking up powers. Especially in the sequel. Shit gets pretty epic.

Yep. Which ending did you choose in 2?

Salazar

Wait, so Rooney might actually be injured? Prepare for Young to start, or even Giggs behind RVP. #shinjinever

So long as Young crosses the ball, I won't be gutted if he's in there.

Mignolet instead of Reina decreases the likelihood of comedy, but lots of crosses + RVP = panic.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Juventus have ended their interest in Manchester United's 26-year-old winger Nani, with the Italian club's sporting director Fabio Paratici saying the player has signed a new contract at Old Trafford.
Full story: Daily Express
Yeah I heard about this a few days ago.

United stop sending us mixed signals yo
What was the source of his problems at United and City?
The media hive mind.

Dude made more tackles than Bonucci and Barzagli combined :lol I bet if he was playing for Bayern Pep would use him as a defensive mid.

inter est un mierda

SUPER BAYERN HEY HEY

I swer to Christ m8, I'm gonna buy a 15m HDMI cable and start recording Juve matches myself. For gifing purposes, I mean. Youtube sucks ass. At least record from a decent stream, ffs.
Thanks for the gifs by the way! I'll check them out when I get home from work.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Wenger said that he wouldn't work under a director of football at his most recent press conference, he didn't even let the journalist finish the question.

Get him out.

I don't think he understands the role of the 'modern' director of football. -_-

He's there to help him get 'his targets', not force players on him.

Unless his name is Alessio Secco, then yes, he is there to force expensive Brazilian flops on you and destroy your club from top to bottom.

GorillaJu

At this point I trust players' and manager's actual quotes less than speculative stories from people like Sam Wallave or Ben Smith.

Salazar

On the other hand,

El Correo claim that personal terms have already been agreed, which would see Herrera earn around €4m a year on a five year deal. Manchester United will have to finalise the situation with Athletic Club to make the deal happen and that will cost them.

There is no talk of Athletic Club demanding Herrera pays the clause personally, thus invoking the income tax problem. However, the Spanish club do want Manchester United to pay a youth levy which would see the total cost rise to around €38m. If David Moyes is serious about the deal then he needs to make sure there are no hesitations over this, the player wants to keep a good relationship with his club and Manchester United would be best served by keeping them onside. The newspaper don't think there will be a problem with the fee.

The money couldn't be processed on Sunday so if this deal does happen, which is looking increasingly likely, it will be done on transfer deadline day. The regional newspaper explain that Athletic Club won't stand in the way of Manchester United because they are a great club who have gone about things the right way. They later go on to say that everyone in Bilbao knows Herrera will be welcome at the club and they seem to be proud to think he could follow in the footsteps of Paul Scholes.

It all appears very friendly and if everything goes to plan El Correo expect Herrera to become a Manchester United player on Monday.

GENTLEMANLY

Duncan Castles is a goon. He probably can't fart without sequestering it on sulia.

David Moyes has pledged that Shinji Kagawa and Wilfried Zaha will get their opportunity to impress in the coming weeks.

The Manchester United manager is also hoping to welcome Javier Hernandez back into the fold as the Mexican's fitness will be assessed ahead of the game at Liverpool.

Kagawa was an unused substitute against Chelsea while Zaha did not make the bench on Monday after both made positive contributions to the pre-season campaign.

"I’ve not had a chance to look at other things," explained the boss. "I’ve had to stick to the same group of players and go with it.

"Shinji came back late and that was the biggest problem for him. We had to give him a week off after he came back to play for us in Japan as well.

"Wilf is still getting to know this level so we’re happy with what we’ve got. I hope to use them as we go along. Hernandez has trained in the last few days and could be fit [for Sunday]. He doesn’t feel his hamstring now and is getting there. He’s just lacking game practice."

Agreed man. Seems like they put the majority of their focus on the visuals. Hopefully the final game will turn out far better as it would be a shame for Crytek's first non-FPS in ages, if ever, to turn out like this.

The animation...

Its one of the reasons I admire ND's tech-work so much, they put a lot of focus on animation as well as graphical sheen and it makes their games mindblowing in motion. Looks like Crytek have employed Bethesda's animation guys for Ryse though :p

Labadal

Woke up and now nervous as fuck. I only feel like this when I think we have little chance of winning. I also just remembered we lost both games in the league. We'll see if Rodgers can actually get some results against the better English teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom