• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it weird that I simultaneously hate Liverpool and want to see them in the CL?

Just watching this Shankly stuff, thinking about things like Hillsborough and Munich, things that immortalise these clubs and I just really like seeing United and Liverpool represent Europe in the Champions League, they're just such big clubs around the world. Doesn't feel right seeing Man City there instead of Liverpool :lol.

You aren't as plastic as I thought you was. Here is a bro hug.

Bro_hug.gif

K1LLER7

"Valverde being asked in English about Herrera, and he's not exactly fluent... Does say that Ander has not asked to leave for Man Utd."

Sane_Man

Jesus, Souness talks some right shit. Somehow implying Sturridge isn't actually that good because City and Chelsea sold him. As if both of those clubs never waste their assets...

Is it weird that I simultaneously hate Liverpool and want to see them in the CL?

Just watching this Shankly stuff, thinking about things like Hillsborough and Munich, things that immortalise these clubs and I just really like seeing United and Liverpool represent Europe in the Champions League, they're just such big clubs around the world. Doesn't feel right seeing Man City there instead of Liverpool :lol.

Fuck off

#bittertotheend

GorillaJu

Lol holy shit, the commentator on Al Jazeera says "If you're a Man United player and you look at these 11 players for Liverpool, you aren't going to be scared at all." Then he laughs, and the main commentator laughs along with him and says "No, definitely not."

Brendan, prove them wrong

pls ;_;

bud23

Galliani's plan: buy Kakà now, get him a contract until March, in April he'll be off to the USA, where he'll play with Galaxy. Meanwhile, in January, sign Honda for free. Honda is done, they said it multiple times (especially Galliani and Allegri), it was either now or January.

At least, this is what was written on all three major newspapers in Italy today.

Kaka still has physical conditions to play at the highest level for at least another two or three years. There is no place for him here, but at Milan it would be different.

Clegg

Sturridge didn't have a pre-season either. He had a week before the first game and was injured until then.

So?

Different people innit. You can't expect players to have the exact same progression when it comes to regaining full fitness. This is only the second game that Kagawa has been available for this season. If we had an easier game last Monday then maybe he would have played a bit.

If it's late October/November and he's only featured briefly for us then I'll start to get worried. But right ow it's far too early to think that Moyes doesn't rate him or whatever.

Sane_Man

Lol holy shit, the commentator on Al Jazeera says "If you're a Man United player and you look at these 11 players for Liverpool, you aren't going to be scared at all." Then he laughs, and the main commentator laughs along with him and says "No, definitely not."

pls ;_;

Are they still trying to buy the PL rights?

Going to be sick into my hands then rub it on my face. BRB.

dc89

Jesus, Souness talks some right shit. Somehow implying Sturridge isn't actually that good because City and Chelsea sold him. As if both of those clubs never waste their assets...

Mancini said - if Sturridge was still at the club when he took over he wouldn't have sold him. You have Hughes to thank.

I think the explanation is obvious. He moved from City because he didn't get on with Hughes,and was stuck behind players he was better than. At Chelsea, he was too selfish, often played slightly out of position, always behind £20m+ signings who played regardless of their form.

He has a good balance here, on the same wavelength as his teammates, starts every game up front, plays in a system that suits him, and has consciously changed his game to be more aware of his teammates, and prevent himself from making a beeline straight towards goal every time

tri_willy

Honda seems to be really pissed at them. Whatever, we'll get him in January for free, those assholes could've accepted those 3M, instead they'll just lose him for free. Seems pretty stupid to me.

honda will get blackmailed by the russian brotherhood into staying in moscow for a lil longer

arkon

pls ;_;

Couts will show 'em!

Alright muppets. Here's a new article on the official website talking about Kagawa.

So he's not injured? The fit excuse doesn't work.

These are the facts:
1. He was training with Cerezo after United left Japan. There are pics of him doing so.
2. He played like 70 minutes combined against Sevilla and Wigan
3. He played a full 90 minutes for Japan on the 14th of August.
4. Deemed fit enough to make bench for Swansea and Chelsea
5. Moyes said in press conference that only Rafa was in doubt for the match. Rooney was then confirmed to be in doubt by Moyes. No mention of Shinji.

And again, how is fitness an issue when Chicha made the bench? He has had no pre season due to confeds, the only minutes on a pitch was the closed doors Real Betis match, and was injured like the day after?

How is Nani and Chicha more fit? It has nothing to do with being a Shinji fan. The fit excuse doesn't work when he was deemed fit to be on the bench for the past 2 games.

And that's just Shinji. What about Fabio? He's better than Jones at rb and better than Buttner at lb.

Into

Here we go

I hope its better than the snoozefest that was United - Chelsea last week, cannot possibly be worse

Sane_Man

I'm very nervous now. A win would mean so much. This must be one of the bigger derbies in recent memory. Liverpool trying to prove they've turned a corner and Man Utd trying to prove they're still the team to beat with Moyes in charge. Exciting.

Clegg

So he's not injured? The fit excuse doesn't work.

These are the facts:
1. He was training with Cerezo after United left Japan. There are pics of him doing so.
2. He played like 70 minutes combined against Sevilla and Wigan
3. He played a full 90 minutes for Japan on the 14th of August.
4. Deemed fit enough to make bench for Swansea and Chelsea
5. Moyes said in press conference that only Rafa was in doubt for the match. Rooney was then confirmed to be in doubt by Moyes. No mention of Shinji.

And again, how is fitness an issue when Chicha made the bench? He has had no pre season due to confeds, the only minutes on a pitch was the closed doors Real Betis match, and was injured like the day after?

How is Nani and Chicha more fit? It has nothing to do with being a Shinji fan. The fit excuse doesn't work when he was deemed fit to be on the bench for the past 2 games.

And that's just Shinji. What about Fabio? He's better than Jones at rb and better than Buttner at lb.
We play with wingers so we need cover on the bench. That means Nani gets on. Shinji isn't a winger. We need a striker on the bench so Chicha needs to be there coz Welbeck is already starting.

Kagawa was deemed unfit month ago and hasn't had any games since then bar pre-season which isn't enough. There could genunely be a case of Moyes not rating Shinji that highly. But it's far too early say so. Right now I'll stick with the fact that he had a truncated pre-season and these games aren't the right time to bring him back because they're difficult ones and we have players to fill his position.

Fergie

Banned
LOOOOOOL. Some Spanish authority looking figure who's a RM fan was asked if he knows Bale. loooool.

And he's like who, 3 times. LOOOL.

Probably DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom