• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

faridmon

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Really happy about that. Everybody played well today, even Jelavic and Naismith and I am glad to see him getting on the score sheet. Barkley looks like class and we are lucky to see an Everton fan that is more than happy to serve this club rather than go to big conglomerate like Man united.

oh, I want to take a pot at GCman, but can't blame him; he was being a Chelsea fan and thank god he jinxed his own team. Thanks dude!

cremino

Well, alright, but it's not like he was injured. He's been training for three months now. If he wants to get his 'sharpness' back, he's gotta play. I'd start him against Copenhagen. It's not like one bad game would mean he's finished at Juve, ffs. Dude's 28, Spain national. He can handle it.

I hope he will play finally

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
808723847.gif

shieeet

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Genoa: 'We caught spies too!'

genoa-derby-spies490sg.jpg

After Sampdoria caught a Genoa coach spying on their training session in camouflage gear, now the Rossoblu claim they too discovered espionage.

The lead-up to Sunday night’s Derby della Lanterna between the local rivals is hotting up with accusations flying back and forth.

Samp released a statement and photograph of Genoa youth team goalkeeping coach Luca De Prà, who was found hiding in the bushes to spy on their training session in full camouflage gear.

Now Genoa have hit back by following suit, publishing a picture of ‘spies’ who were watching their training through binoculars from the top floor of a high-rise building.

“Spy Derby, act II,” read the statement. “Here is another episode, as after the camouflage gear intercepted in the woods around Bogliasco, we spotted binoculars around the Pegli camp.

“The binoculars were within the grasp of those interested in going round the limits of a closed door session to grab the latest revelations.

“Did you think it was finished there? The Rossoblu counter-espionage works well too. Click, click.”

Genoa did suggest the people with binoculars were journalists rather than members of the Sampdoria entourage.

“Mata Hari, are you there? In the 2.0 era, who knows how quickly their information can move and where it is going. In times like these, it is best to keep your antennas up.”

-

Well, alright, but it's not like he was injured. He's been training for three months now. If he wants to get his 'sharpness' back, he's gotta play. I'd start him against Copenhagen. It's not like one bad game would mean he's finished at Juve, ffs. Dude's 28, Spain national. He can handle it.

..:(

We should've started with Quag at the very least, Mirko was clearly unfit.

Is Giovinco still alive?

Barzul

@Arsenal_Brazil also says he's spoke to Giroud who told him he's fine, was subbed off as precaution.

this is all too good to be true.

why would wenger say that about cazorla, then?
Looks like Geoff also said the ankle injury isn't serious, we'll know in a week. I think Wenger is playing mind games with Marseille.

bobito

Banned
What the flying fudging frigging flipping fooding fuck

Damage the football league?! The FL is what builds the national side, grass roots and all that. That is the foundation of english football.

What harms the national team is the prem, let's face facts. That and almost no high level coaching, no investment in grass roots. It's top down vs bottom up econ at a basic level.

The big prem clubs doing one of three things is another big factor.

a) Stealing/swooping (in my view illegally) young english talent only for them to rot in the reserves and be sent on loan only to go the way of John Bostock. From my club alone Wisdom, Delph, Cleverley, George Green have all experienced this and it doesn't always work. This is why I want people like Barkley and Hughes to PLAY FOOTBALL. if these two go to City/United/Chelsea/Arsenal they won't play. And what is the good in that. Oh and he can play 5 a side in training with Ozil. Big whoop.

b) Picking foreigners over english players. Cheaper, better, and all that. Can't argue with it.

c) Stealing foreign youth, so blocking young english players getting through. Look at a club like United. Littered with foreign youngsters so english lads rarely get a go.

The fuss which was kicked up over Kakuta and Pogba was bang on, and if we want england to do well something has to change.

But the final line is that because the prem is so good (best league in the world ha ha etc..) club football > national side and so there is no incentive to promote english talent.

That's english football now and good luck trying to change it.

Btw not ranting at you :), I accept your point just giving my view.

Haha I agree with view, I'm just trying to be a bit pragmatic in terms of considering what could be done to improve the situation in regards to the england football team. As you mentioned there are so many things wrong with the current system. Especially that new elite academy system.

But given that the premier league is not going anywhere I feel we should at least try to get some benefits out of it. I think it would be better for there to be established feeder teams or B teams in the lower down divisions as hopefully those promising kids which will get bought regardless of what happens can actually play games in a stable environment. While this does fuck up the FL to a degree I feel this has already happened.

In between premier league parachute payments, watford being given a whole squad for free, millionaire owners at places like cardiff, notts forest etc I don't see the situation getting much better.

If this idea was rejected I think a wage cap could help make the football league interesting/while keeping it sustainable by leveling the playing field to a degree. All of this would hopefully encourage the development of more good young players. Unfortunately they would probably all rot in the chelsea academy in due time

jtb

Banned
Cazorla's not an injury prone player, so while I am a bit skeptical of him spending 4 weeks out, I also am very very wary of Wenger rushing him back.

Cazorla's not an injury prone player, so while I am a bit skeptical of him spending 4 weeks out, I also am very very wary of Wenger rushing him back.

He is now your medical staff have finally got a chance to start messing around with his ligaments. I'd rather have Harold Shipman nurse me back to full fitness

Salvadora

Mind games? Being Cautious, who really knows. It does however resonate with what @DLDN22 said, that Carzola was only out for a week. I'll look out to see if Geoff has a word on the matter.
I just can't see why he would lie about this, Barzul.

Cazorla isn't some Diaby-esque squad member you can hide away and pretend doesn't exist, he is an integral member of the team. In the past he has been very optimistic on return dates if anything.
He is now your medical staff have finally got a chance to start messing around with his ligaments. I'd rather have Harold Shipman nurse me back to full fitness
:lol

Mindwipe

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Really happy about that. Everybody played well today, even Jelavic and Naismith and I am glad to see him getting on the score sheet. Barkley looks like class and we are lucky to see an Everton fan that is more than happy to serve this club rather than go to big conglomerate like Man united.

Yeah, I really liked that Jelavic was unselfish with Naismith's goal even when he;s under a bit of pressure.

Barry looked good too.

K1LLER7

Adnan Januzaj completed 90% of his 20 passes and created 2 chances after coming on - more than Young and Valencia #MUFC

Moyes pls.

Rumours Bale to start at LB? Lol

^ He said it was a rumour.

Barzul

I just can't see why he would lie about this, Barzul.

Cazorla isn't some Diaby-esque squad member you can hide away and pretend doesn't exist, he is an integral member of the team. In the past he has been very optimistic on return dates if anything.

:lol
Well here's me hoping. Just can't imagine Carzola being 4 weeks out in addition to all our injuries, we can't catch a break. On a side note, I'm glad Wenger didn't waste money on Gustavo, Flamini was everywhere today. So much energy.

bobito

Banned
the fa should focus on the coaching and how they employ their tactics across the board

the fa have got hodgson, noel blake and gareth fucking southgate in charge of their youth and senior set ups

Of course more coaches are important, but if we look at englands performance in under 16 tournaments like the Montaigu Tournament we see they perform well outperforming Germany, France and Netherlands among others. I would suggest there is such a substantial drop off in players produced as many of those youngsters are not given the appropriate opportunities within a stable environment which is impossible within the current loan system.

L1NETT

Adnan Januzaj completed 90% of his 20 passes and created 2 chances after coming on - more than Young and Valencia #MUFC

Moyes pls.

Sorry to be a party pooper but you were playing against 10 very tired championship quality players. Give him time K1ller. Patience, if he is good enough he will get game time.

Of course more coaches are important, but if we look at englands performance in under 16 tournaments like the Montaigu Tournament we see they perform well outperforming Germany, France and Netherlands among others. I would suggest there is such a substantial drop off in players produced as many of those youngsters are not given the appropriate opportunities within a stable environment which is impossible within the current loan system.

Walshy is bang on. Germany has like a bizillion times more high level coaches than us, I can't be fucked to look up the stats.

And your last point is exactly why Barkley and Will Hughes should stay their asses where they are.

faridmon

Yeah, I really liked that Jelavic was unselfish with Naismith's goal even when he;s under a bit of pressure.

Barry looked good too.

Especially Barry looked good. Who would have thought? Now we don't have rely on Gibson in the defending midfield position since we have Barry in the team.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Isla "I'm very bitter because I had the chance of scoring the winning goal, but I will train to improve myself & be able to convert."

Why are you still breathing our air?

die pls

end your misery and ours

Salvadora

Well here's me hoping. Just can't imagine Carzola being 4 weeks out in addition to all our injuries, we can't catch a break. On a side note, I'm glad Wenger didn't waste money on Gustavo, Flamini was everywhere today. So much energy.
I believe Gustavo has received 2 red cards in 3 Bundesliga matches so for.

The lack of rotation will kill us. I'd love Arteta, Cazorla, AOC and Podolski to be waiting in the wings.

cremino

-

..:(

We should've started with Quag at the very least, Mirko was clearly unfit.

I just remembered that for the first time in Serie A history, there will be 5 derbies among teams of the same city:

Derby della Madonnina in Milan (Internazionale and Milan);
Derby della Mole in Turin (Juventus and Torino);
Derby della Capitale in Rome (Lazio and Roma);
Derby della Lanterna in Genoa (Genoa and Sampdoria);
Derby della Scala or derby dell'Arena in Verona (Chievo and Hellas Verona).

Finished last weeks Breaking Bad episode. had the reactions page in the old OT open and here's what I think.

Comments involve jtb and FF

Still shaking

I don't agree that it is dumb and out of character for Walt to be obsessed with the money, he's obviously aware that he can't make that much money again when he's being surveillanced all the time by his brother in law. Especially with his cancer back. I'm glad they showed up though, I wanted to see a shootout so bad. I wonder if they're going to continue it the next episode or pull a TLoU and blackout. Make you wonder what exactly happened and gradually reveal who died and who didn't

bobito

Banned
Walshy is bang on. Germany has like a bizillion times more high level coaches than us, I can't be fucked to look up the stats.

And your last point is exactly why Barkley and Will Hughes should stay their asses where they are.

It's 20,000 vs 2,000, or something close to that.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I just remembered that for the first time in Serie A history, there will be 5 derbies among teams of the same city:

Derby della Madonnina in Milan (Internazionale and Milan);
Derby della Mole in Turin (Juventus and Torino);
Derby della Capitale in Rome (Lazio and Roma);
Derby della Lanterna in Genoa (Genoa and Sampdoria);
Derby della Scala in Verona (Chievo and Hellas Verona).

More red cards, cagey draws and spies!
3AQmK.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Finished last weeks Breaking Bad episode. had the reactions page in the old OT open and here's what I think.

Still shaking

I don't agree that it is dumb and out of character for Walt to be obsessed with the money, he's obviously aware that he can't make that much money again when he's being surveillanced all the time by his brother in law. Especially with his cancer back. I'm glad they showed up though, I wanted to see a shootout so bad. I wonder if they're going to continue it the next episode or pull a TLoU and blackout. Make you wonder what exactly happened and gradually reveal who died and who didn't

I'm sure he's lying about his cancer

What did Isla do? I missed the match :(

He missed a sitter. It wasn't even on target.

Batigol

Banned

Still shaking

How did you like the way it ended?

Tc91

Real Madrid C. F. ‏@realmadrid 6m
Hoy jugamos con Diego López, Pepe, Sergio Ramos, Ronaldo, Benzema, Bale, Carvajal, Nacho, Modric, Isco e Illarramendi #realmadrid

Top Bottom