• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

bobito

Banned
True to an extent, but I feel he sometimes does block players coming through and tends to pick the old guard and rely on past players which can leave things feeling a bit stagnant in the national arena which is why nobody feels under pressure as they know Roy will just fall back on the same old players again and again.

Yeah he's definitely not amazing, but this england team could have any manager and would not be able to win the world cup. England should focus all their efforts on improving the quality of the national team, even if that means damaging the football league. Not that their is much to ruin thanks to the externalities caused by the premier league.

10526354.jpg

Thats a woman with beard

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Wonder if Bale will start, having played nothing at all this season

Also, Reus finally scored from open play today. I hope his confidence/luck is back now, some of his finishes were a disgrace (lol) and he was so unlucky with a few.

Aubameyang in the Bundesliga:
As LW: 3 played, 0 goals
As RW: 2 played, 5 goals

I think I see a pattern there.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
He's watching Llorente - Juve Lion 2013 [HD] on youtube
He was looking at the PL table and realized that even after spending 120 million, his team is still below Arsenal.
Lol.. he is not gonna crack it in Italy

IT'S TOO EARLY SNEAKY

lol, how wrong you are.

That episode is centred around him forgetting to put the bins out, so the binmen miss his house. Its actually a brilliant analogy for the era's attitude to sexism and Don's solipsism

:lol brilliant

FootballFan

Commentator saying what I'm saying, Neymar just has to stop trying to assist at every opportunity, shoot for goal! Rarely does it, even when he's in front of the goal he passes.

Wow another good move, he has been great this half.

L1NETT

. England should focus all their efforts on improving the quality of the national team, even if that means damaging the football league. Not that their is much to ruin thanks to the externalities caused by the premier league.

What the flying fudging frigging flipping fooding fuck

Damage the football league?! The FL is what builds the national side, grass roots and all that. That is the foundation of english football.

What harms the national team is the prem, let's face facts. That and almost no high level coaching, no investment in grass roots. It's top down vs bottom up econ at a basic level.

The big prem clubs doing one of three things is another big factor.

a) Stealing/swooping (in my view illegally) young english talent only for them to rot in the reserves and be sent on loan only to go the way of John Bostock. From my club alone Wisdom, Delph, Cleverley, George Green have all experienced this and it doesn't always work. This is why I want people like Barkley and Hughes to PLAY FOOTBALL. if these two go to City/United/Chelsea/Arsenal they won't play. And what is the good in that. Oh and he can play 5 a side in training with Ozil. Big whoop.

b) Picking foreigners over english players. Cheaper, better, and all that. Can't argue with it.

c) Stealing foreign youth, so blocking young english players getting through. Look at a club like United. Littered with foreign youngsters so english lads rarely get a go.

The fuss which was kicked up over Kakuta and Pogba was bang on, and if we want england to do well something has to change.

But the final line is that because the prem is so good (best league in the world ha ha etc..) club football > national side and so there is no incentive to promote english talent.

That's english football now and good luck trying to change it.

Btw not ranting at you :), I accept your point just giving my view.

Suen

Commentator saying what I'm saying, Neymar just has to stop trying to assist at every opportunity, shoot for goal! Rarely does it, even when he's in front of the goal he passes.

Wow another good move, he has been great this half.
Your Özil, except he thinks that the number of times a player fall decides who's the motm.

Barzul

Renato ‏@th14Renato 18m
. @Arsenal_Brazil who works at Arsenal say it is NOTHING serious with Cazorla and he should be back in a week or less. Fingers crossed.

Pray for Carzola

Walshy

Yeah he's definitely not amazing, but this england team could have any manager and would not be able to win the world cup. England should focus all their efforts on improving the quality of the national team, even if that means damaging the football league. Not that their is much to ruin thanks to the externalities caused by the premier league.
the fa should focus on the coaching and how they employ their tactics across the board

the fa have got hodgson, noel blake and gareth fucking southgate in charge of their youth and senior set ups

omgkitty

Renato ‏@th14Renato 18m
. @Arsenal_Brazil who works at Arsenal say it is NOTHING serious with Cazorla and he should be back in a week or less. Fingers crossed.

Pray for Carzola

Wenger said he probably won't play for us until October. Not sure why he'd lie.

Salvadora

Renato ‏@th14Renato 18m

Pray for Carzola
y3B13rI.gif

Wenger trying to play mind games with Marseille? If anything, he is underplaying the injury. Cazorla out for 8 weeks minimum.

Zabojnik

Well, alright, but it's not like he was injured. He's been training for three months now. If he wants to get his 'sharpness' back, he's gotta play. I'd start him against Copenhagen. It's not like one bad game would mean he's finished at Juve, ffs. Dude's 28, Spain national. He can handle it.

bud

Renato ‏@th14Renato 18m

Pray for Carzola

@Arsenal_Brazil also says he's spoke to Giroud who told him he's fine, was subbed off as precaution.

this is all too good to be true.

why would wenger say that about cazorla, then?

Well, alright, but it's not like he was injured. He's been training for three months now. If he wants to get his 'sharpness' back, he's gotta play. I'd start him against Copenhagen. It's not like one bad game would mean he's finished at Juve, ffs. Dude's 28, Spain national. He can handle it.

Llorente's 28?!

Thought he was like 25

Barzul

@Arsenal_Brazil also says he's spoke to Giroud who told him he's fine, was subbed off as precaution.

this is all too good to be true.

why would wenger say that about cazorla, then?
Mind games? Being Cautious, who really knows. It does however resonate with what @DLDN22 said, that Carzola was only out for a week. I'll look out to see if Geoff has a word on the matter.

Great win and I'm really happy but I don't get why we're still so shitty at defending free kicks and corners. There must be some way to improve that...

Also, I like that Klopp gives Durm and Hofmann so much play time this season. But in such a game at 6-2, he should have given Schieber some time. In the worst case, he'd have done nothing and everybody would have said "well, the match was already decided, anyway." and in the best case he'd have scored and got some confidence.

Top Bottom