• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

Bo-Locks

Insane amount of money.

I wonder if UFC/MMA will ever have that type of fighter who can rake in tens of millions of dollars per fight.

rodvik

Nice karma for you lot. Ever since our game you have been showered with losses and we've won all our games ever since.

Justice!

Nah we have just been crap. We were better than you but worse than Liverpool & Newcastle.

hey ho, onwards.

I thought we fucked it up when you equalised. <3 Ben Arfa.

He was the difference, the only bit of real quality on the pitch (from both sides). God knows why we gave him space.

5 star KO:

Rolles+Gracie+vs.+Derrick+Mehmen.gif

rodvik

Yay, the San Jose Earthquakes game is on.

This is what supporting Aston Villa has reduced me to. Getting fucking excited over MLS.

Arnie

Still fuming at Real.

Woke up for the boxing. Going to go to Tesco when it's over and get some apple juice. My mouth's like fucking glue. Had a few pints too many last night.

omgkitty

Finally getting to watch the Arsenal game from today. When Giroud scores, it looks like he runs over and says "My friend" to Ozil. That's what I want to believe he says haha

Also that Koscielny penalty was completely unnecessary. Johnson was nowhere near scoring and Gibbs had it covered. Love Koscielny but fuck is he volatile sometimes. He could learn from Per and make smarter decisions.

Lightning

Banned
Finally getting to watch the Arsenal game from today. When Giroud scores, it looks like he runs over and says "My friend" to Ozil. That's what I want to believe he says haha

Also that Koscielny penalty was completely unnecessary. Johnson was nowhere near scoring and Gibbs had it covered. Love Koscielny but fuck is he volatile sometimes. He could learn from Per and make smarter decisions.
Koscielny is a cunt for that and same for Bacary Sagna who was lucky not to get a red card for what he did. The entire start to the second half was just a disaster and classic Arsenal implosion.

We got away with it and 3 precious points but that was closer than it should have been. We were so clearly the better team.

FootballFan

Still fuming at Real.

Woke up for the boxing. Going to go to Tesco when it's over and get some apple juice. My mouth's like fucking glue. Had a few pints too many last night.

Felt bad for you man, congratulated you cause I thought Messi won you the massive return but Madrid failed you.

Messi does, what Ronaldon't.

omgkitty

Koscielny is a cunt for that and same for Bacary Sagna who was lucky not to get a red card for what he did. The entire start to the second half was just a disaster and classic Arsenal implosion.

We got away with it and 3 precious points but that was closer than it should have been. We were so clearly the better team.

It's easy to see why Koscielny and Vermaelen don't work well together. They are both good defenders who make very rash decisions when half the time they don't need to. I can understand when it's a last ditch effort, but too many times there's no reason at all for it.

Wow just saw the Sagna incident. Sagna was basically fighting with Altidore and then just let him go. We got very very lucky there. I can understand why he did but still could have ended a lot worse.

Lightning

Banned
It's easy to see why Koscielny and Vermaelen don't work well together. They are both good defenders who make very rash decisions when half the time they don't need to. I can understand when it's a last ditch effort, but too many times there's no reason at all for it.

Wow just saw the Sagna incident. Sagna was basically fighting with Altidore and then just let him go. We got very very lucky there. I can understand why he did but still could have ended a lot worse.
Sagna had no choice but to let him go. Any further and they would be inside the box = penalty.

GorillaJu

My private student joined my fantasy league with my friends and she is kicking everyone's ass. Her weekly average is about 65. What the shit?

omgkitty

Other things I noticed:

Walcott really needs to start scoring again. He was teed up about 4 times and easily should have buried at least 1 or 2 of them.

Glad to see Giroud finally score outside of London. He's scored 4 for 4 in the league all from his first shot. Glad to see him silencing all the haters.

Same for Aaron Ramsey. People have been shitting on him ever since he came back from his injury and now he's our best player. Dude is a beast and he never stops. He runs, defends and scores. No one can have any qualms about him.

Vermaelens mutton chops look like shit.

Ozil was great today and he's only had 1 day of practice with the squad and he was sick. Great first touch to bring that ball down and then the nutmeg cross for the first goal. Hopefully this is only the start of great things to come from him especially when half our midfield is currently injured.

Salazar

It was his PL debut and it looked like it didn't affect him one bit. Rare to see such composure in a young player.

And Daniel Taylor calls him "wispy" in the match report

Daniel pls

Adnan's bicep has more muscle mass than your whole family

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The draw vs Inter (combined with Napoli's win over Atalanta) ended Juve's reign atop of the Serie A after 48 match days.

Strangely, Juve's unbeaten run ended last season after 48 games vs Inter as well.

Merda pls

If I hadn't played Alan Wake and Deadly Prem I wouldn't have gotten what makes Twin Peaks good.

It's...so bad it's good?

Self-aware?

FootballFan

Why? Help me see the light.

As I said in reply to Linius, there definitely is some ridiculous crazy shit but there's a charm about it, like a soap opera thriller done well but with moments just as ludicrous.

The first season and the last few episodes of season 2 are great imo.

Also, dat opening theme.

Just curious, I don't care enough for the show to argue over it, but did you manage to finish the whole thing?

edit
If you have seen it all, what did you think of this? I watch it and laugh at it to this day lol.

God, James was the worst character with the worst actor I've seen on TV haha.

Top Bottom