• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsea are set to embark on a three-way battle for Juventus striker Fernando Llorente in January

Motherfuckers, he was on the bench for THREE games.

That's like 270 minutes. Less than it took you to write that worthless article.

fuenf

I've seen the light ZoE 1 & 2 are the greatest games ever. Lol, my Kojima-summer is finally complete: MGS3, ZoE 1 & 2 are better than 98% of the other PS3 games I played. And the patched graphics of ZoE2 are simply breathtaking,

justjohn

The great thing about this season is that unlike previous seasons the big clubs can afford to drop quite a number of points and still be in with a shout of winning the league. Utd would not have that fergie consistency under moyes and city have already proven this season that they'll not be consistent so I'm not really concerned about our loss yesterday.

The great thing about this season is that unlike previous seasons the big clubs can afford to drop quite a number of points and still be in with a shout of winning the league. Utd would not have that fergie consistency under moyes and city have already proven this season that they'll not be consistent so I'm not really concerned about our loss yesterday.

Yep. The battle for second is gonna be great.

Salazar

lol

Moyes era RAWK is making for some good reading

Evra pen turned down: LOL UNITED, NO MORE PENS FOR U NOW THAT FERGLE IS GONE. HAPPY DAYS LIBPUL BREDDREN

Young pen given: FUCKING UNITED. FUCKING REF WHY U NO JUST WEAR A UNITED KIT.

Arnie

Liverpool fans are going to be unbearable if this run continues. They're actually starting to believe. Come on michu and bony.

Quite like the unbearable Chelsea lot who believed all that was preventing them from returning to a side of colossal dimension was a grey haired, moody Portuguese cunt. Turns out lightning doesn't strike twice.

I'm happy that Chelsea have been consistently turgid, though. Makes it easier to say 'my prediction was correct'. Hard to know if Moyes is going to fall on his arse, or if he was just pummelled by an exceptionally well charged Liverpool.

Manager

I daren't watch match of the day. Apparently we got hammered and I didn't catch any of the game yesterday as I was out all day.

Next Sunday I go on holiday to Portugal. Maybe it's for the best I won't see any derby related stuff and won't be browsing GAF for a good week.

Just watched the game for the second time. It was obvious how Stoke's 3-man-central midfield kept running over Yaya and Rodwell. Just one, two passes and they're through.

Milner never was a threat to Stoke, he worked well defensively, as always, but kept missing the target on his crosses. Nasri tried to do his best and I thought he did ok, worked pretty hard. Negredo and Jovetic never got much balls to work on, and obviously Jovetic was rusty.

Like the commentator said, it was obvious what kind of change Navas and Aguero brought when they were subbed on. Stoke backed off and Aguero/Navas created space and have the ball. They never really created much though, Aguero kept trying to do his solo routes, but it seemed their kind of play was more uncomfortable for Stoke's big slow guys.

I guess, once again it's kind of hard to say if the tactics were wrong or if it was the players. I guess he could try and play three guys in the middle, to own the midfield and create more chances, but then (with this eleven) you'd only have Negredo on top and Milner who isn't an attacking threat on one of the wing.

GorillaJu

Just watched the game for the second time. It was obvious how Stoke's 3-man-central midfield kept running over Yaya and Rodwell. Just one, two passes and they're through.

Milner never was a threat to Stoke, he worked well defensively, as always, but kept missing the target on his crosses. Nasri tried to do his best and I thought he did ok, worked pretty hard. Negredo and Jovetic never got much balls to work on, and obviously Jovetic was rusty.

Like the commentator said, it was obvious what kind of change Navas and Aguero brought when they were subbed on. Stoke backed off and Aguero/Navas created space and have the ball. They never really created much though, Aguero kept trying to do his solo routes, but it seemed their kind of play was more uncomfortable for Stoke's big slow guys.

I guess, once again it's kind of hard to say if the tactics were wrong or if it was the players. I guess he could try and play three guys in the middle, to own the midfield and create more chances, but then (with this eleven) you'd only have Negredo on top and Milner who isn't an attacking threat on one of the wing.

He could play three in midfield, then Agüero, Navas and Jovetic (or Silva) as a fluid front three.

Suen

BTSport pushing really hard to show EPL as being the best league in the world in their commercials yet the league can't even afford to provide the refs with proper headsets (but they can afford goal line technology) and the refs believe someone like Ashley Young. Shit of a joke league.

Manager

He could play three in midfield, then Agüero, Navas and Jovetic (or Silva) as a fluid front three.

Yeah, with both Fernandinho and Yaya capable of helping out offensively. But he has only gone with his "fluid 4-4-2/4-2-2-2" so far.

He said that all his chances was purely tactical without CL in mind, but he still decided to bench Navas, Aguero, Fernandinho. Either he seriously underestimate other PL teams or he decided a draw was enough, and then point all attention towards CL and the derby this weekend.

I mean, United has CL and derby too and they played their strongest eleven yesterday.

edit
Also Aguero still isn't fully fit and Pellegrini seems to want to play Dzeko or Negredo, a 4-5-1 / 4-3-3 would bench them.

Tc91

BTSport pushing really hard to show EPL as being the best league in the world in their commercials yet the league can't even afford to provide the refs with proper headsets (but they can afford goal line technology) and the refs believe someone like Ashley Young. Shit of a joke league.

I'll come back to this comment when lol classico is on.

Wilbur

Banned

It would be okay criticising English referees if you weren't also a fan of Spanish and Italian teams.

All refs are fucking crap.

GorillaJu

Have you even SEEN Everton v Chelsea?!

justjohn

They don't have to push anything. It is the best most competitive league in the world.fact.

Wilbur

Banned
They don't have to push anything. It is the best most competitive league in the world.fact.

I wouldn't say most competitive. Maybe in the bigger leagues, but for instance the Championship is far more of a crapshoot.

What's good this year though is that a lot of the sides have closed the gap by spending a fair amount of the television money. I don't think I've seen one game including the top sides and a team that isn't 'top six' where they've been brutally destroyed. Maybe City - Newcastle the first day but even then you have to take the red card into account. It's quite refreshing that City, United and Chelsea have lost already

Manager

The rules aren't crystal clear either. It seems like the ref's can't fucking agree on when to blow hand ball in the penalty area. Sometimes they say "oh he was only 2 yards away no way he could get his hands away in time, no penalty", sometimes it's "you can't have your hands in that position, penalty!!!". I remember RIchards getting a penalty against him for first making a slide tackle towards a player a couple yards away who shot, the ball then ricochet on his feet up on his hands while he was in the air making the tackle. Then next weekend you see balls coming straight onto hands and no penalty.

Suen

It would be okay criticising English referees if you weren't also a fan of Spanish and Italian teams.

All refs are fucking crap.

Cuneyt-Cakir-Turquie.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Being satisfied with a draw after they were up 1-0 with 15 mins to go and at home says a lot about Inter fans.

Suen

If this was the case they wouldn't put so much effort and money into advertising the league so much, the facts would speak for themselves. When you have people going around to interview players, asking them to say how it's the best league in the world for a commercial purpose it looks pathetic and desperate. Does anyone know if they do the same in all other big leagues? Probably, except in Lol Liga they probably only interview Madrid and Barca players. Two-team shit league.

Suen

The rules aren't crystal clear either. It seems like the ref's can't fucking agree on when to blow hand ball in the penalty area. Sometimes they say "oh he was only 2 yards away no way he could get his hands away in time, no penalty", sometimes it's "you can't have your hands in that position, penalty!!!". I remember RIchards getting a penalty against him for first making a slide tackle towards a player a couple yards away who shot, the ball then ricochet on his feet up on his hands while he was in the air making the tackle. Then next weekend you see balls coming straight onto hands and no penalty.
This is probably one of the biggest issues in all leagues. Refs don't seem to know when to count it as a handball and when not to. I think this problem will stay for a long time.

GorillaJu

I agree with justjohn about competition in that every game is like a do-or-die battle and even in the final seconds the fans and the players don't concede victory despite being two goals down.

However the league has some real problems still in the general quality of play, such as that some of even the biggest teams play like they're trained to sprint for 90 minutes instead of training to pass and shoot a football.

Not sure if people would want to trade the frenetic action for something a bit more technical and tactical though as that's like the major point of excitement about the league.

I agree with justjohn about competition in that every game is like a do-or-die battle and even in the final seconds the fans and the players don't concede victory despite being two goals down.

However the league has some real problems still in the general quality of play, such as that some of even the biggest teams play like they're trained to sprint for 90 minutes instead of training to pass and shoot a football.

Not sure if people would want to trade the frenetic action for something a bit more technical and tactical though as that's like the major point of excitement about the league.

The Villareal game yesterday was like the perfect mix of La Liga and the Premier League

Suen

Suen bro, your other team Real Madrid Castilla getting dominated, 2-0 to Barca B.

omg should have been 3-0.
I was watching the game but Madrid B played so shit so I switched to Fiorentina - Cagliari because it was just a matter of time before those Barca B balls started to find their way to the net.

Wilbur

Banned
Define 'up there'? Because there's no way in hell they're finishing above fourth.

I think as it stands they're like the sixth or seventh best squad in the league, but with a coach that's the type to elevate them above that. Mazzarri's a cunt, but he's a good manager.

Not saying they will get above that, because Montella, Garcia and Petkovic are no mugs, but he's a far better manager than Allegri with a far worse squad. They'll finish fifth or sixth which is an improvement on last year at least :lol

Hixx

Maybe we should get old, blind, incompetent and probably incontinent motherfuckers like Martin Atkinson sacked and then the league wouldn't be a fucking joke when it comes to championing 'fair play' and 'respect' initiatives.

""I said to him [Atkinson] if you want to complete a perfect job, you can send me off," Di Canio said. "He took it serious and sent me off.
"So next time I probably won't invite the referee to send me off."

What a fucking bellend.

Wilbur

Banned
Maybe we should get old, blind, incompetent and probably incontinent motherfuckers like Martin Atkinson sacked and then the league wouldn't be a fucking joke when it comes to championing 'fair play' and 'respect' initiatives.

""I said to him [Atkinson] if you want to complete a perfect job, you can send me off," Di Canio said. "He took it serious and sent me off.
"So next time I probably won't invite the referee to send me off."

What a fucking bellend.

Did you go to the game? How did it look live?

I honestly couldn't believe he brought play back, it was one of the worst decisions I've ever seen.

Suen

The Villareal game yesterday was like the perfect mix of La Liga and the Premier League
I have to say La Liga looks much more refreshing this year. Villareal has played amazing in all their games so far. Atletico is looking really solid and Madrid and Barca are what you'd expect. Sevilla put up a good fight yesterday despite losing their stars so if they keep up that quality they showed yesterday it would be good. Valencia did the same against Barca. Here's hoping Sociedad wakes up soon, they should have won their game yesterday. I just hope we get to see more of this throughout the season. Fuck imagine how the league would have been if all those good players who left stayed. Fuck that corrupt TV-deal bullshit.

Feorax

Liverpool fans are going to be unbearable if this run continues. They're actually starting to believe. Come on michu and bony.

Even if Swansea pummel us tomorrow, we're still joint top of the league on points. Not a terrible position to be in.

Bony could well cause us some issues tomorrow, but Swansea are going to want to keep it on the deck and play as the home side would expect to, which realistically is the worst thing a team could do against us right now.

Top Bottom