• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

GorillaJu

Paul Wilson said:
It is not only early results that suggest Rodgers may be on to something. The way Martin Skrtel played against Manchester United, after being dropped in favour of Kolo Touré then brought back from the cold as injury cover, suggested he, too, has bought into the competitive ethos the manager is trying to instil.

"I want fierce competition for places, I don't want a situation where players are comfortable," he says. "Martin never moaned once about being left out. He just made sure he was ready when the chance came and he was absolutely brilliant. That is exactly the attitude I am looking for."

I like Rodgerrrrsssssss

Wanyama was so overhyped. Diame is the superior strong
African
CM.

GorillaJu

When Carragher said he'd leave if he was ever a bench-player, do you reckon that was just an honest part of his autobiography, or a veiled threat for Benitez at a time where we clearly should have been trying to make a partnership out of Agger and Skrtel?

A little of both A and B there, I think, though more the former than the latter. I don't see Carragher as being the calculating type.

Everyone that was saying Wanyama was a brilliant signing at £12.5 million, I'm not seeing an awful lot from him to be honest. He looks a much more limited player than I'd imagined.

GorillaJu

Everyone that was saying Wanyama was a brilliant signing at £12.5 million, I'm not seeing an awful lot from him to be honest. He looks a much more limited player than I'd imagined.

He reminds me of Tiote. Hot and cold (very, very cold). Just doesn't seem like a proper footballer sometimes.

Man. West Ham's forward crop is absolutely awful without (and maybe with) Carroll. They should loan Guidetti.

Sounds like Arsenal thinking there. We've got these injury prone forwards who can't get a good run of games without shattering their bodies.

Let's just grab another one.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
tumblr_mt697h1rOb1rnsc2go1_400.jpg

PES it is then.

Meier

Sounds like Arsenal thinking there. We've got these injury prone forwards who can't get a good run of games without shattering their bodies.

Let's just grab another one.
He isn't injury prone per se. Just been a long rehab process from his virus/nervous system issue. Healthy now but they're still working on his fitness after so much time off.

Speaking of him though, Alfred Finnbogason is going to be the next guy poached from the Eredivisie. 8 goals in 5 now.

Messi

1379072248-kagawa.png

They modeled Shinji in fifa this year. Why are they modeling bench players when first team united stars have generic faces?

Top Bottom