• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

It´s good to see our president in the bench with the rest of the team on every match, he really loves the club.
Match done. We are on 2nd, 2 points behind Porto. In 4 games we scored a 1/3 of the goals we had last season. Montero has scored almost half the league goals Wolfswinkel scored last season.

Wilbur

Banned
Loved some of the movies you have mentioned liked Pineapple Express, Burn After Reading and Wall-E (You forgot Slumdog Millioniare!). Never been fan of the Batman movies, Changeling and The Wrestler (I know its a good movie but Bio movies is something I can't get into) so I still think Benjamin Button is the best of those films I have watched. It was a bit too long, but it wasn't boring. Each scene has this vibrant quality and meaning to it that made quite fixated into my seat. The plot was wonderfully well told, and the acting was quite believable and moving. And yes, the cinematography was quite something else as well as the soundtrack.

Haven't watched the other movies you have mentioned, maybe I should watch Frost/Nixon. But again, my movie of year of 2009 is Up in the Air and The Ghost Writer in 2010. 50/50 in 2011 and The Artist in 2012, so take that as you will.

Hate Slumdog. First half is okay with the little kid but it just becomes schmaltzy boring poopy shit. Frost/Nixon is brilliant.

Up in the Air was great but my fave of 2009 was Inglourious Basterds
Haven't seen the Ghost Writer, my fave of 2010 is Four Lions or True Grit
50/50 was pretty good and I'm in love with Anna Kendrick, my fave of 2011 was Tinker Tailor
And Artist was alright, quite fun but nothing special, best of 2012 was Daniel Unchained

I don't believe it.

He just was subbed, standing ovation :lol:

He doesn't look like a superclass forward, sure, but I really like the way he moves, seems like one of those smart forwards that score a lot just by being in the right spot at the right moment.

I prefer him a gazillion times over Santa Cruz already, lol.

jtb

Banned
Slumdog is the best best picture winner since No Country.

The Ghost Writer is a fantastic movie.

Benjamin Button is pretty bad though.

I fucking hate Frost/Nixon. Ron Howard can go fuck himself.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
"Goalscorer Leonardo Vidal says it's good his team have a point" --ESPN

-

^I loved Slumdog too. I don't know why the fuck people were raging when it won Best Picture.

3Sixty

ibhRuRqlV0c5m9.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Slumdog is the best best picture winner since No Country.

The Ghost Writer is a fantastic movie.

Benjamin Button is pretty bad though.

Slumdog was only a year after No Country lol

2006/07 had No Country and The Departed so good one-two combo there. Probably five or six films from 2007 I would have been happy winning Best Picture. NCFOM, TWBB, Zodiac, Jesse James, Ratatouille and Diving Bell all would have been worthy winners off the top of my head.

3Sixty

You have the problem we had last season not enough creativity to break down teams who come to play for a point

We have the problem you had last season in that we can't defend for shit

Lol yes.

But we also had this problem last season.

We really shouldn't play Wanyama at home.

Wilbur

Banned
"Goalscorer Leonardo Vidal says it's good his team have a point" --ESPN

-

^I loved Slumdog too. I don't know why the fuck people were raging when it won Best Picture.

It was a pretty weak year to be fair. Frost/Nixon's really entertaining but it's light, and The Wrestler/Milk had two great lead performances but I didn't think the films were special. Wall E probably should have won.

Slumdog started promisingly but I just didnt like the way it went about its story. Kids getting beaten and crawling through shit turned into happiness and love and dancing :lol, too jarring.

Looked nice tho

jtb

Banned
That the Polanski one with Ewan McGregor?

Watched the first half and it was pretty decent. Then my ADD housemates wanted to play 18 holes on Tiger Woods.

Yup. Tidy little thriller, very clever, tense with just the right amount of political commentary to keep things interesting.

Arnie

I remember watching Benjamin Button under a rug with a big glass of fresh orange and the curtains closed. Fucking loved the whole thing.

L1NETT

my fave of 2010 is Four Lions

Rubber dinghy rapids bro. So good. Chris Morris >

Best of 2010 for me gotta be Kick Ass or Inception.

And 09 has to be In the Loop or District 9.

Hunger was 2008.

Arnie for the love of God find a way to watch it.

Wilbur

Banned
Looks amazing, but please young Brad/young Blanchett please have a full frontal sex scene you're both so hot and I wanted to cum

If u maek me cum u deserve oscar glory

Looks amazing, but please young Brad/young Blanchett please have a full frontal sex scene you're both so hot and I wanted to cum

If u maek me cum u deserve oscar glory

Brad displayed so much swag in that movie. I really liked Desplat's work for the soundtrack too.

Arnie

In the loop must be a fiver at the most in HMV by now you tight gash

I'll fucking buy you it for Christmas if you haven't seen it by then

Deal.

I don't even know where my nearest HMV is. So throw in a £4.20 round tube trip to Oxford Street and the plot begins to thicken, doesn't it.

Might just watch it online.

Wilbur

Banned
Brad displayed so much swag in that movie. I really liked Desplat's work for the soundtrack too.

Oh yeah soundtrack was top. Desplat's always good value for money. #basedgiacchino is where it's at right now for me. Although the Hobbit score was amazing but with the caveat of having been too reminiscent of LOTR so it wasnt exactly new.

Goddamn the LOTR music is incredible. I have the compete recordings, love blasting that shit out at home while I'm doing coursework or something.

Linius

Finished Luther today. Experienced some feels during the final episodes, such a great series.

And I fucking love the opening theme, despite the fact Heligoland wasn't that much of a great album Paradise Circus is so much class.

kharma45

Oh yeah soundtrack was top. Desplat's always good value for money. #basedgiacchino is where it's at right now for me. Although the Hobbit score was amazing but with the caveat of having been too reminiscent of LOTR so it wasnt exactly new.

Goddamn the LOTR music is incredible. I have the compete recordings, love blasting that shit out at home while I'm doing coursework or something.

The Hobbit OST was shit bar a few bits. So many tiers below what Shore did with LOTR you'd swear someone else scored it.

Truth.

That Super 8 main theme makes my gooch ripple.

And the Lost music is timeless.

Stuff from Star Trek is top too. Was excited when he was being linked with Star Wars before Williams got it.

Finished Luther today. Experienced some feels during the final episodes, such a great series.

And I fucking love the opening theme, despite the fact Heligoland wasn't that much of a great album Paradise Circus is so much class.

I've made it to ep 4 so far, really enjoying it.

LTWheels

@andrewisdom47x: X-factor a wahh do dis woman 😂😅

@awisdomtweets: .@andrewisdom47x Translation: Andre adds his own bit about the talent show. Beware, X-Factor mandem, Wisdom's coming your way.

@andrewisdom47x: Nice day training nyam dis food den gwarn a home walk di pet den res up my two foot ya si mi.. Greetings mi generals x

@awisdomtweets: .@andrewisdom47x Translation: Andre followed a strict schedule of training & food, while tweeting in the text form of 'ghetto braille'.

@andrewisdom47x: The price of a freddo is ridiculous 😱talk about the economy changing

@awisdomtweets: .@andrewisdom47x Translation: Andre's very upset at the financial state-of-affairs regarding Freddo bars. Shame. #AgainstModernChocolate

I hope this man is available if Wisdom ever has to do an interview after a match.

Linius

Thank you.

Looks convoluted. Will probs just watch the film online at some point.

Tonight I'll stick to NFL and Cloud Atlas.

If you use Chrome on your laptop/desktop you could also go with the Hola unblocker plug in. Very easy to use and does the job too. If you connect your PC or laptop to your TV you can even watch it in big screen.

Top Bottom