• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

dc89

http://31.media.tumblr.com/b340a10feec7ede87089e047942176e1/tumblr_mt6msrexah1rgakkco3_500.gif[/IMG

ARE YOU READY FOR TOMORROW WOODEN?

[IMG]http://25.media.tumblr.com/e71348968df1c3e2beca112d1e152e01/tumblr_mt6o95IeZ11qcxfxbo2_500.gif[/IMG[/QUOTE]

Carlitos :(

Pirlo D:

faridmon

Buying FIFA 14 you´re contributing to perpetuate this stupid AAA model. Fifa 14 is FIFA 13 with minor updates, the same backbone, wrapped on a different dress, the same shit at the end of day. I´ll pass. Fuck EA, at least Konami are trying to innovate and the PES demo looks fantastic. I´m buying PES...and FIFA 14 for PS4. Yeah, I´m not that strong. lol

Its not like you buy those shitty AAA games from Activision, EA, Capcom, Metal Gear, Gran Turismo, nope. You are the dude who supports the indie games that are trying to be art house and innovate against all those AAA bullshit, right?

Rather be a club for the few than the club for these kind of people :

http://i.imgur.com/oy9qOjT.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/YdXb35J.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/OJywu0T.jpg[IMG]

get bent farid-chan and elsk.[/QUOTE]

Lol, chill

Slizz

Buying FIFA 14 you´re contributing to perpetuate this stupid AAA model. Fifa 14 is FIFA 13 with minor updates, the same backbone, wrapped on a different dress, the same shit at the end of day. I´ll pass. Fuck EA, at least Konami are trying to innovate and the PES demo looks fantastic. I´m buying PES...and FIFA 14 for PS4. Yeah, I´m not that strong. lol

PES demo looks fantastic? Meaning you haven't played it? Have you played the FIFA 14 demo? Of course the backbone is the same, it is for most games with more than one entry. However the gameplay is much different, as stated in this thread a couple of times.

sohois

I have found every FIFA game to be complete garbage since Euro 2008 but even I would say that you are being ridiculous with that claim; there are far, far worse offenders in the pantheon of disgraceful video game rip-offs. Indeed one rarely sees huge changes year by year in the sports franchise since the years difference simply is not enough time. Heck, one of the major problems that PES faced was trying to incrementally get to a proper next gen version rather than just throwing out the old crap.

FootballFan

I have found every FIFA game to be complete garbage since Euro 2008 but even I would say that you are being ridiculous with that claim; there are far, far worse offenders in the pantheon of disgraceful video game rip-offs. Indeed one rarely sees huge changes year by year in the sports franchise since the years difference simply is not enough time. Heck, one of the major problems that PES faced was trying to incrementally get to a proper next gen version rather than just throwing out the old crap.

FIFA world cup was great imo. Probably my favourite from this gen.

FootballFan

Its not like you buy those shitty AAA games from Activision, EA, Capcom, Metal Gear, Gran Turismo, nope. You are the dude who supports the indie games that are trying to be art house and innovate against all those AAA bullshit, right?

Wilbur is the only 'Indie games only' guy here.

Messi

Last few years sure, say what you will about FIFA but this year at the very least it feels different. Have you played it?

Hixx

Amazon Prime have sent my guide and game through Royal Mail.

I will get the guide tomorrow and the game on Wednesday, I can feel it.

bjaelke

What are the odds on Shelvey scoring? He is bound to be up for it.

16-1. Hmmm
I don't see why he should be extra motivated. Maybe if he had been forced out, but it was his own decision to go to Swansea.

Plus he'll probably be busy recruiting BIZ partners for his new nutrition business #jonjodreamteam

If Atkinson doesn't blow the whistle, the centre back clears that easily. Its a shite decision, but it didn't cost Sunderland a clear goal

Shove that up your arse, Hixx

FootballFan

Wow seriously can't wait to run this city with moyes boys.

Very tiny spoiler, probably not even one.
just flew a blimp really high during the night, this place is huge and ....so pretty.

sohois

Well I found that Breaking Bad episode disappointing in the end for the direction it took, even if judged entirely on its own merits it was very well done. Thoughts to follow

Much like last weeks episode, this is one which could very easily see my misgivings resolved depending on how the next 2 episodes play out; certainly the beginning of this episode managed to largely allay my concerns with the ending of the previous. However since we have had flash forwards to the finale events it seems considerably more difficult this time.

Essentially it seems like that the creators of the show have buckled to their fanbase with this episode. It appears inevitable that they have gone down the root of 'redeeming' Walt by giving him a heroic sendoff where he avenges Hank, frees Jesse and exonerates his family in one swoop before dying of cancer of something else. I cannot help but compare it to The Shield, still the greatest finale of all time and the greatest 'anti-hero' protagonist series of all time if BB will end this way. Since I can't spoiler within a spoiler I'm going to break the post up here in case you haven't seen the Shield

The Shield finale spoilers:
Mackey is victorious in the end of The Shield, but ultimately loses everything. It is a completely hollow victory that leaves Vic to spend his remaining years not in hell, but in purgatory. Such an ending is the perfect comeuppance for a character like Vic Mackey (and indeed Walter White). The calculating badass of the 2 characters would never allow them to be really defeated in a way that would satisfy the viewers, so a Pyrrhic victory is the best route to maintain character and still give them their deserved comeuppance. There is an argument to be made for the character to avoid comeuppance completely and totally win, but for that I feel you need to go all in, which is not what BB did.

Anyway, my end point is that this whole situation in BB seems rather contrived to give Walt some heroic sendoff which "Team Walt" supporters would demand, rather than ending on the suitably grim note for the series. Again this is a huge assumption given what could happen in the final 2 episodes, but for now I am quite disappointed.

Well those are my somewhat jumbled thoughts. I would post this in the BB thread itself, but it seems to have been currently taken over by sociopaths who think
Jesse deserved his treatment for snitching

FootballFan

FIFA 10 was a masterpiece in how limited budget and innovative thinking can deliver a once in a lifetime experience

Wilbs. Gta v is the best Indie game I've played this year and I'm only an hour in.

Better than fifa ten and bioshock infinite by a long shot.

FIFA 10 was a masterpiece in how limited budget and innovative thinking can deliver a once in a lifetime experience

Which is why I'm looking forward to its spirtual sequel; PES 2013.

Wilbs. Gta v is the best Indie game I've played this year and I'm only an hour in.

Wow, I'm glad. GTA 4 left such a sore taste in my mouth that I am not hyped for GTA 5 at all. I'll get it for the PS4 though. I don't think Watch_Dogs will be as good as all of us want it to be.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Gotta hit it forward twice I think. It does not happen as easily anymore

You can if you have momentum but not if your standing still, not sure how i feel about the change personally but it seems to fit with the new philosophy of not allowing fast players to dominate. Hard to know how balanced the game will be till we load up clubs and find out.

PowerTaxi

Banned
Didn't know there was a GAME in Old Trafford

o66xD.gif

GorillaJu

I think we'll lose or draw at the Liberty tonight. 2-1 or maybe even 3-1 to Swansea. They're extremely hard to break down at home, and we haven't been very creative this season so far.

Wilbur

Banned

Spoiler I haven't played Bioshock infinite so I don't think I can compare it to other small indie games like Star Wars the force unleashed and kirby's epic yarn

You lucky fucking fuck tho. I gotta twiddle my thumbs until the Liverpool match, and then continue doing so after. Won't be able to play until I get home about 5 tomorrow.

Started uni again today though, modernism. I be scared already. So many words and names. So many.

Wilbur

Banned
I think we'll lose or draw at the Liberty tonight. 2-1 or maybe even 3-1 to Swansea. They're extremely hard to break down at home, and we haven't been very creative this season so far.

Learn from Master Moyeezus. One of Rodgers' biggest flaws so far for me - apart from being unquestionably too erotic in his face handling - is that he doesn't really want to play any other way. Obviously in the second half of games this season you've been under the kosh a bit but I haven't seen an intent to play on the counter; merely to withstand the pressure and then try and get your own game into action.

We got out passed by Swansea a fair fucking amount in the first half especially, and left with a 4-1 win. Rodgers is a bright tactician for sure but I'm not sure if he's flexible with that.

dat long double post

I was sure someone would have intervened

You bastards

Gotta hit it forward twice I think. It does not happen as easily anymore

It's the same as before but more finicky because it sometimes does a step-over :/

I feel like I've lost such a crucial part of my game. Also, I'm guessing you don't need to hold LT to do skill moves now then.]

Bungie, are you getting FIFA 14 on PC? You were a pretty killer LB at times :p. also you need to fix your headset.

I will if I find somewhere cheap to get it. I like playing LB, it's where I feel I can do the least damage to our chances!

Top Bottom