• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

Showaddy

This guy lol
Ronaldo will probably wake up in the middle of the night and find bale sitting on his bedside just staring, then telling him to go back to sleep because there's nothing to worry about.

Wouldn't surprise me lol seeing as his girlfriend refuses to move to Spain, he must be pretty bored...

GorillaJu

The review score aggregate is a harmful concept. In practical use, it makes sense to condense and simplify information for consumers, but it has too large a psychological effect on people and restricts you from enjoying entertainment if you're predisposed to recognizing a game's faults if it had a low score. Similarly, you might find yourself going out and buying some game or movie you don't end up enjoying because it has a crazy high number. That's just the beginning of the issue though.

The actual review text is important - the score isn't. Read the actual review text from IGN or Game Informer or whatever and you'll find that their analysis is more often than not juvenile, hyperbolic and based on shoddy, arbitrary logic. There's also the fact that game critics largely have absolutely no balls whatsoever, and let the hype current take them where they go.

P1kYDZm.jpg

that's what i call a release party.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Anyone surprised it's getting 10s? The gaming industry is desperate for a 'perfect' game/GOTG. First it was TLoU and then Saints Row, lol.

Weeks from now you'll see "Gaming IS art" threads pop up and in a few months it'll be voted GOTY.

Next year everyone will admit it was a 7-8 game at best.

Gaming is dead, and Dark Souls 2 will save it.

Wilbur

Banned
But Demons Souls wasnt very good

still need to get dark souls

Anyway, games reviews are games reviews. Either laughably hyperbolic, laughably negative, paid for or click bait. There is no happy medium.

Who gives a fuck it's gonna be amazing

Anyone surprised it's getting 10s? The gaming industry is desperate for a 'perfect' game/GOTG. First it was TLoU and then Saints Row, lol.

Weeks from now you'll see "Gaming IS art" threads pop up and in a few months it'll be voted GOTY.

Next year everyone will admit it was a 7-8 game at best.

Gaming is dead, and Dark Souls 2 will save it.

What are you talking about, saints row didn't get many 10/10's, actually quickly looking on metacritic it got one. Not sure what you're point is, we all know gaming journalism is shit but it seems like a genuinely great game setting new standards for open world games, just like I think the last of us did in its genre. A game should get a 10/10 rating for that, not for being perfect as that has only happened once and that was with silent hill 2 and we can't just keep that number out forever, just because SH2 was that good. But hey, most of us in here haven't even played the game yet, dumb to debate the scores.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
What are you talking about, saints row didn't get many 10/10's, actually quickly looking on metacritic it got one. Not sure what you're point is, we all know gaming journalism is shit but it seems like a genuinely great game setting new standards for open world games, just like I think the last of us did in its genre. A game should get a 10/10 rating for that, not for being perfect as that has only happened once and that was with silent hill 2 and we can't just keep that number out forever, just because SH2 was that good. But hey, most of us in here haven't even played the game yet, dumb to debate the scores.

shut your danish racist mouth

we'll kill you tomorrow

1-1 :(

I wonder who chooses his outfits...

@GTA
Has there been a quote in the reviews that could work as a meme like the oscarworthy story?

"I can imagine, 200 years from now, like our reading of Dickens, the game will be regarded as a catalog of our contemporary travails, an accelerated reality bearing more truth than just gazing at our own reflection." - Adam Sessler

Meier

"I can imagine, 200 years from now, like our reading of Dickens, the game will be regarded as a catalog of our contemporary travails, an accelerated reality bearing more truth than just gazing at our own reflection." - Adam Sessler

This isn't real. Right?

Scum

It's outrageous developers are judged on Metacritic scores by publishers.

And the fact most reviews only actually use a 7-10 scale.
Yeah. It's pathetic.

Independent say Sakho is not in the Liverpool squad - not matchfit - and Skrtel and Agger will be the likely starters.
They better well keep a ckean sheet.

Giantbomb wanted to stop using a scale in reviews but publishers basically told them to fuck off.
Scores at the end of game reviews need to stop. Especially the way it is now. The score makes much more sense when I'm buying a cooker.

L1NETT

FM 14 comes out on Halloween right?

I never got round to getting FM 13, and didn't play much of 12. Has it moved on much?

Hixx

That site looks dodgy and/or Portuguese. Not sure if I trust it.

They are class.

I pre-ordered SR4 from them and they found out quite late that they were only going to be getting Brazilian keys rather than RotW. So they worked out where everyone who ordered it lived (via IP) and got keys for their region. I got it for £20 when all the other euro keys were going for nearer £40 so I can't imagine they made much money, if any, from me.

Jack cw

LOL no way, dude!
This cant be real....

If I give one of you guys some cash on Paypal, will you get me a key for FM 14 from one of those dodgy sites? I don't want to give them my info but I'll happily pay for their product if it works.

I'll try it out tonight. I can only pre-order on Nuuvem if I use a Brazilian proxy so that leaves me a bit worried. I know that people in the Steam thread have used it before so it should work. Anyway, it's $26.64300

LTWheels

Independents been saying that Skaho is unlikely to be in the squad tonight because he's lacking fitness.

He has not played for PSG during the beginning of the season or pre-season.

I'll try it out tonight. I can only pre-order on Nuuvem if I use a Brazilian proxy so that leaves me a bit worried. I know that people in the Steam thread have used it before so it should work. Anyway, it's $26.64300

People have checked the Steam Database and there is only two versions (ROW and RU). So it will work fine. I would do it Meier but I already have it pre-ordered from the site so I can't do a second one!

Wes

venison crêpe
If I give one of you guys some cash on Paypal, will you get me a key for FM 14 from one of those dodgy sites? I don't want to give them my info but I'll happily pay for their product if it works.

I'd also get in on this kind of set up for FM or FIFA... whichever one I decide upon.

Maybe.

I'm very hesitant who I give my details over to, despite your reassurances about this particular site.

Top Bottom