• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

FootballFan

Also said it hundreds of times during confed cup and even in this match(when he assisted Silva), but Neymar's corners are so good.

Too bad it's useless in a team like Barca where Xavi won't let him take it, and even if he did no one scores headers except Puyol.... who is always injured.

edit
^^^Wasn't that amazing guys lol.

Also said it hundreds of times during confed cup and even in this match(when he assisted Silva), but Neymar's corners are so good.

Too bad it's useless in a team like Barca where Xavi won't let him take it, and even if he did no one scores headers except Puyol.... who is always injured.

He does take them very well.

Adrien didn´t get a single second on the field while Ruben Amorim played almost half of the match...
Once again it was proved that to play in the national team it doesn´t matter how good is the player or how is his form but who is his agent...

omgkitty

The world cup = the time when Americans pretend that they care about soccer for two weeks before the US gets eliminated.

$200

Banned
What happened to Mexico really? They were always top 16 contenders at the world cup but are now sitting second from bottom. Have the other North American teams got a lot better?

omgkitty

What happened to Mexico really? They were always top 16 contenders at the world cup but are now sitting second from bottom. Have the other North American teams got a lot better?

Other teams have definitely gotten better. More and more players are being discovered in smaller countries, and each team seems to have at least one or two players who play in Europe.

omgkitty

That's totally ignoring the advances of soccer for past couple of years but... OK!

I personally know people who have told me they hate soccer and think it's not a real sport, yet get super excited and ask me "Hey isn't the US in the World Cup?" I think it just annoys me when people are patriotic just for the sake of being patriotic.

jtb

Banned
who cares? patriotism in the world cup is pretty harmless. I'd even venture so far as to say it's fun.

omgkitty

Oh go fuck yourself with that noise.

I may be over simplifying it a little bit, but you know it's true. I'm not trying to stir shit up here, I just find all the hype annoying. I guess I just find the fact that some people get super excited about a place just because they were born there to be kind of dumb, and Americans are about as bad as they come.

FootballFan

I personally know people who have told me they hate soccer and think it's not a real sport, yet get super excited and ask me "Hey isn't the US in the World Cup?" I think it just annoys me when people are patriotic just for the sake of being patriotic.

World Cup is massive, it just is. People that don't care about football will still be excited as their country takes part in such a massively popular tournament.

And just because the number of fans increase during those 6 weeks around the World Cup doesn't mean there aren't any supporters who watch football all year long, including MLS, USMNT and European leagues.

I'm happy for them. I look forward to more 1-1 victories vs England :p

Messi

I may be over simplifying it a little bit, but you know it's true. I'm not trying to stir shit up here, I just find all the hype annoying. I guess I just find the fact that some people get super excited about a place just because they were born there to be kind of dumb, and Americans are about as bad as they come.

Not trying to stir shit up here but imma stir some shit up....

Meier

Man I really don't give a shit about the USA.

gtfo-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-2724.gif

Zabaleta is so bad, I can't believe anybody rates him as one of the best RBs in the world.

gtfo-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-2724.gif

I always end up getting both Batigol :(

Yeah real nice. He sure does impress me, especially for Brazil, Martino needs to give him more freedom imo. He has been good for us so far but he could be even better if Messi lets him do his thing.

He gets the freedom Footballfan. Definitely has the license to dribble and link up with Messi in the middle. It's going to be epic.

Rhaegar

Glad all the other fans in the World Cup support their team on factors OTHER than residency or place of birth. I'm sure the fact that the English team is full of unredeemable cunts is quite endearing to our fine friends across the pond and explains their continued support fully.

Tribal culture is dumb, but it is deeply ingrained in our DNA and cultures. Good luck forcing your enlightened viewpoint ob the rest of us unwashed masses.

In the meantime: America, fuck yeah! We're Brazil-bound, bishes!

omgkitty

Glad all the other fans in the World Cup support their team on factors OTHER than residency or place of birth. I'm sure the fact that the English team is full of unredeemable cunts is quite endearing to our fine friends across the pond and explains their continued support fully.

Tribal culture is dumb, but it is deeply ingrained in our DNA and cultures. Good luck forcing your enlightened viewpoint ob the rest of us unwashed masses.

In the meantime: America, fuck yeah! We're Brazil-bound, bishes!

I'll be honest in saying I usually support the team with the least amount of players I hate on it. Being an Arsenal fan, I usually hate half the England national team at any one time. I liked the Netherlands at one point, but RvP had to fuck that up. Same goes for Spain. At the current point in time, I think Germany has the most likable team around right now. I'm sure someone here will disagree and point out some huge cunt on their team, but I like everyone who plays for them. Ever since Ballack left, they've been dickhead free.

Being called a bandwagon fan coming in 3.....2.....

Rhaegar

I'll be honest in saying I usually support the team with the least amount of players I hate on it. Being an Arsenal fan, I usually hate half the England national team at any one time. I liked the Netherlands at one point, but RvP had to fuck that up. Same goes for Spain. At the current point in time, I think Germany has the most likable team around right now. I'm sure someone here will disagree and point out some huge cunt on their team, but I like everyone who plays for them. Ever since Ballack left, they've been dickhead free.

Don't get me wrong, being a fellow Arsenal fan I have my soft spots for certain other national teams (not France though) featuring my favorite Arsenal players. But if they square up against my USMNT in the World Cup, even though we have nary an Arsenal player in sight (for good reason)-- I know where my loyalty lies.

Timurid

eww Germany are overrated as fuck. They're going to choke until kingdom come.

FootballFan

eww Germany are overrated as fuck. They're going to choke until kingdom come.

Brazil will win the world cup at home. Neymar will nutmeg Messi in the final before scoring the winning goal. It will be incredible.

Just kidding, Argentina won't reach the final. Brazil winning though is very possible imo.

valeo

Netherlands are the team I'll be supporting but if we don't win it I hope Ozil wins it for Germany!

As a New Zealand fan and a half dutchie I've always supported the Netherlands in international tournaments (New Zealand has only qualified twice in our history) - has been made a lot harder since RvP joined Man Yoo though.

That kind of takes a lot of the fun out of the world cup. The football played in the world cup isn't that great. It's just really fun to see how far your team can go and the ups and downs that happens every cycle. Having different teams just seems like you're not that affected by the results. You won't go through cycles and different generations of players like every other fan goes through.

GorillaJu

普段はあまり感情を表に出さない香川だが、開幕から全く出場機会が与えられないことに焦りを感じているようだ。「デビッド・モイーズ監督に聞きたい。なぜ自分を起用しないのかと」といら立ちをあらわにする香川。

「ずっと試合に出られなくて落ち込んでいた」という香川だが、10日に行われたキリンチャレンジカップ2013のガーナ戦で1得点を挙げ、「自信を取り戻した」と語った。日本に戻り試合に出場してゴールを決めたことで「少し気分が晴れた」という。

Kagawa is never one to wear his heart on his sleeve, but the curtain is being raised on a Kagawa who is starting to feel impatient at never being given a chance to make an appearance. He expressed his irritation: "I want to ask David Moyes, about why he never uses me."

"I was depressed about never appearing in games." However, after scoring in the Kirin Challenge Cup on the 10th, he claimed "I've for my confidence back." Returning to Japan, playing football and scoring has "cleared up my feelings," Kagawa claimed.

http://www.xinhua.jp/socioeconomy/photonews/359313/

Oh and I wanted to mention it but I've been in class all day.

Get wrecked, Mexico.

Dazzler

Keeping the fingers crossed today is the day Irish football climbs out from under the Neanderthal playing style of Trapattoni.

He did an admirable job steadying our ship after the shambles of Steve Staunton's time in charge, but he should have been gone over a year ago. We've currently got a poor crop of demoralised players playing a disgraceful brand of football

Kagawa is never one to wear his heart on his sleeve, but the curtain is being raised on a Kagawa who is starting to feel impatient at never being given a chance to make an appearance. He expressed his irritation: "I want to ask David Moyes, about why he never uses me."

"I was depressed about never appearing in games." However, after scoring in the Kirin Challenge Cup on the 10th, he claimed "I've for my confidence back." Returning to Japan, playing football and scoring has "cleared up my feelings," Kagawa claimed.

http://www.xinhua.jp/socioeconomy/photonews/359313/

Oh and I wanted to mention it but I've been in class all day.

Get wrecked, Mexico.

ibsuNRh31nHkIo.gif

United bros, the u19 plays Leverkusen on the 16th. The u21 team plays Bolton on the 17th. Which game should Januzaj play? There are pros and cons to both.

Top Bottom