• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

LNBL

Order of favourites(imo)

1.Brazil and Spain

Haha that quite positive for The Netherlands actually. We need to step up our game and have some luck with draws etc.

faridmon

Quite happy, just booked tickets to Arctic Monkeys in Paris this year. They decided to skip the Netherlands with their fall/winter tour :(

I know how that feels, bro.

I had to go to all the way to Brighton to see Liars live since it was the only UK city they had their tour on, not the same as going to a different country, but nevertheless...

Can't complain that much since they do actually do tour in the continent as opposed those Japanese bands who just tour in Japan only :(

Clegg

As Yenrot has just said, Trappotoni is gone.

Irish media want Martin O'Neill as his replacement. I'd rather not see that tbh. It would just be more of the same kind of football that has seen us fail to qualify for the World Cup.

Irish media want Martin O'Neill as his replacement. I'd rather not see that tbh. It would just be more of the same kind of football that has seen us fail to qualify for the World Cup.

Offer Neil Lennon 3m Euros a year

edit: Someone mentioned MAG in a best gunplay thread :s

Yen

Give it to Muellinsteen or whatever or someone of that ilk, not that I particularly care either way.

LNBL

Woeh just saw this on FB

1000350_10151859654924288_945636313_n.jpg

Looks like Bale's head has been drawn onto the cover.

Linius

I vaguely remember that they told German fans to cheer for the Netherlands in the final.

Nice ones. :D

I remember German sports channel DSF changed their slogan from "Mittendrin statt nur dabei" (Right in the middle instead of just there) to "Mittendrin statt nicht dabei" (Right in the middle instead of not there) in 2002 to mock the Netherlands.

There's also classic jokes like "What does the Dutch do when the Netherlands have won the World Cup? He turns off his Playstation". I'm pretty sure even we had some commercial like that.

I remember this one, terrible :p

But it's always good banter. In reality the Germans are our biggest trading partner, the biggest percentage of our export goes to you guys.

Batigol

Banned
"I'm a bit surprised to hear all of a sudden, what I thought was a good performance, a good result, suddenly become yet again, an underwhelming performance."

Not being able to keep the ball and unable to have a single shot is a good performance?

Get fucked Hodgson

He's such a bellend

Carbonox

Ordered some football trainers from Sports Direct (sorry WillKiller and Carbo) and it seems you have to buy some shitty magazine on top. Cheeky bastard, Mike Ashley. Cheeky fucking bastard.

Mike Ashley is donating proceeds of your purchase to the 'Newcastle United Transfer Fund'.

Thank you for shopping with us.

- MA

Linius

I know how that feels, bro.

I had to go to all the way to Brighton to see Liars live since it was the only UK city they had their tour on, not the same as going to a different country, but nevertheless...

Can't complain that much since they do actually do tour in the continent as opposed those Japanese bands who just tour in Japan only :(

I can imagine it must suck never getting a chance to see these Japanese bands. Over here we're quite lucky, it doesn't happen all that often that bands skip us. Well, Damon Albarn seems to hate The Netherlands but that's about it. He has been here once with Gorillaz (I've been there) and a couple of times with Blur. I had to go to Belgium to see Blur :p

lets all be honest here, england were never that good in the world of football, the sky money and the impact of the premier league just exaggerated the english fans even more.

this the best england squad you;ll ever have, and united bros " give big thanks to Rio"

because you lost one of the best defenders in the world in john terry.

Wilbur

Banned
lets all be honest here, england were never that good in the world of football, the sky money and the impact of the premier league just exaggerated the english fans even more.

this the best england squad you;ll ever have, and united bros " give big thanks to Rio"

because you lost one of the best defenders in the world in john terry.

niMVtgw.gif

Linius

Hey, I like the Netherlands. I've spent a few vacations there as a kid and I will spend my vacation in a few days there. We don't really hate you, it's not even that much of a rivalry for us anymore, but it's just one of those fun traditions that add some spice to those tournaments.

Also just learned you guys have us beat and got Netflix already.

Yeah we do. Gonna sign up today and see how it works out. If streaming with my tablet works flawless and the content keeps coming I won't give up on it after my free month.

And yes, the banter is just about football. I've been to Germany a lot too. In fact, my dad is born in Oberhausen. I also posted a pic of myself in a Ballack jersey from way back some time. I was young and I didn't know shit :p

Was going to check out PES demo but navigating the updated PSN store was not too different from getting pissed directly in the face. What a piece of fucking garbage that is, first of all : Why the fuck is there slowdowns and laggy menus in a fucking online store? It's not as if the store is extremely fancy either, that shit should just work. Secondly, why the fuck does it open another keyboard that is way different (seriously vertical scrolling through letters?!) to the standard PS3 one?

Also it just seems way less organized than before, what the hell were they thinking and how long has it been like this? The worst was when accidentally navigating my way into the avatar section and finding "RAGE COMICS AVATAR, 10 KR A PIECE!!!!" omg lol epic, rage man, challenge accepted man and such. The android store seems nice and clean in comparison to whatever trash Sony lets on PSN.

I gave up and just thought fuck it, probably just the same "the king is back" echo's from last year, Konami should release a demo on pc those dumb cunts.

faridmon

Was going to check out PES demo but navigating the updated PSN store was not too different from getting pissed directly in the face. What a piece of fucking garbage that is, first of all : Why the fuck is there slowdowns and laggy menus in a fucking online store? It's not as if the store is extremely fancy either, that shit should just work. Secondly, why the fuck does it open another keyboard that is way different (seriously vertical scrolling through letters?!) to the standard PS3 one? Also it just seems way less organized than before, what the hell were they thinking and how long has it been like this?

I gave up and just thought fuck it, probably just the same "the king is back" echo's from last year, Konami should release a demo on pc those dumb cunts.

Thank you.

This PES is better than FIFA my ass.

FootballFan

Was going to check out PES demo but navigating the updated PSN store was not too different from getting pissed directly in the face. What a piece of fucking garbage that is, first of all : Why the fuck is there slowdowns and laggy menus in a fucking online store? It's not as if the store is extremely fancy either, that shit should just work. Secondly, why the fuck does it open another keyboard that is way different (seriously vertical scrolling through letters?!) to the standard PS3 one?

Also it just seems way less organized than before, what the hell were they thinking and how long has it been like this? The worst was when accidentally navigating my way into the avatar section and finding "RAGE COMICS AVATAR, 10 KR A PIECE!!!!" omg lol epic, rage man, challenge accepted man and such. The android store seems nice and clean in comparison to whatever trash Sony lets on PSN.

62Xs5Oo.jpg

The PS Store is so f'ing shit, the old one was so much better.

just use this link man, way better than the one on PS3.

http://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/

lemme know if that works

operon

We need to keep o Neill well away from that job

faridmon

I can imagine it must suck never getting a chance to see these Japanese bands. Over here we're quite lucky, it doesn't happen all that often that bands skip us. Well, Damon Albarn seems to hate The Netherlands but that's about it. He has been here once with Gorillaz (I've been there) and a couple of times with Blur. I had to go to Belgium to see Blur :p

Well, when I was in Norway, I had to go to Sweden for many of my gigs (although I never used to go to gig often) but since I moved to UK, I am relishing the chance of most bands coming to London.

Some Japanese bands do come to London, but thats far and few in between and many of them sort of suck.

GorillaJu

morsel, read Ben Mabley's twitter

Educate yourself on some Japanese idioms son

I understand the nuance he's elaborating on but that wasn't in the article I was translating, which said explicitly "I want to ask Moyes about why I'm not being used." It could be frabricated if that makes you feel better?

Ben Mably is correct in that it doesn't sound pleading in Japanese, but it also doesn't sound entirely reassuring. He talked about not being match fit so he is taking some responsibility, but the way he said "a chance will definitely come for me," it sounds more like a player pushed to the fringes than one who simply isn't up to fitness standards yet.

"Please ask Moyes" would be better translated as "That's up to the manager."

is that how slow and clanky the fifa defending will be really? i don't whats the build on the demo but man that thing was horrible.

As the best defender in the world of fifa 13 and will be top 3 on fifa 14. im ashamed of EA, totally let me down, the tackles and first touch is cool but the containing is miserable.

K1LLER7

Shinji will start either on Saturday against Palace or against Bayer.

I'd prefer if he started in the CL match. He'll be key how well we do in Europe.

is that how slow and clanky the fifa defending will be really? i don't whats the build on the demo but man that thing was horrible.

As the best defender in the world of fifa 13 and will be top 3 on fifa 14. im ashamed of EA, totally let me down, the tackles and first touch is cool but the containing is miserable.

Naughty God alert :p

Tc91

Thanks but can't even find the PES demo on there.

Sony can suck my dick, not going to try the PES demo until it might be released for PC, Konami can suck my dick too and a whole bag of other peoples dick too. I'm going to go play ni no kuni again instead, the best pokemon game ever.

7099854685_2e5a853ea1_o.gif

It's not up on the EU store yet.

Wilbur

Banned

i am so thankful you found this thread, you're amazing

FootballFan

Thanks but can't even find the PES demo on there.

Sony can suck my dick, not going to try the PES demo until it might be released for PC, Konami can suck my dick too and a whole bag of other peoples dick too. I'm going to go play ni no kuni again instead, the best pokemon game ever.

Yes mun!

I randomly stopped playing Ni No Kuni even though I really liked it :(

I got up to
the part where you get the dragon, I was collecting three stones/orbs(?).
This was around 2 weeks after release though...so it's been ages. :(

And Sony can Uck all our Ick's with the job they did on the PS Store.

Top Bottom