• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

rodvik

Keeping the fingers crossed today is the day Irish football climbs out from under the Neanderthal playing style of Trapattoni.

He did an admirable job steadying our ship after the shambles of Steve Staunton's time in charge, but he should have been gone over a year ago. We've currently got a poor crop of demoralised players playing a disgraceful brand of football

You know Martin o'Neill is the front runner to replace him right? You will have a happier squad but the football will be similar imho.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
So during this international break, Vidal, Pogba, Chiellini, Lichtsteiner, Asamoah have all scored for their respective NTs.

So happy

Carbonox

Well in love with "Belong to the World" on The Weeknd's new album. Love the backing track to it. "Live For" is class too.

Great album.

I did check out Janelle Monae's album per some of you's recommendations but I didn't care for it at all.

Milan Glorie is going to play a match tonight vs Newcastle to celebrate Steve Harper last game, players are leaving Milano right now and this just happened:

ib04CNuKFLslhw.jpg

Massaro - Ganz - Maldini - Baresi

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Shearer <3

who cares? patriotism in the world cup is pretty harmless. I'd even venture so far as to say it's fun.

It's the best.

Torino's crowd was cheering and clapping for Balotelli, Candreva and Maggio. I never thought I'd see the day. BRING ON THE WORLD CUP!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Order of favourites(imo)

1.Brazil and Spain

Germany is above Italy on paper. In reality, they will never ever defeat them. :p

So best-case scenario is meeting Germany in a final.

Germany is above Italy on paper. In reality, they will never ever defeat them. :p

So best-case scenario is meeting Germany in a final.

As long as we face Germany in a semifinal we're fine.
I know I jinxed it now, of course.

Edit: I surpassed 2000 posts on NeoGAF. All of them in English, a good part of those with grammatical errors. That's... something. Bless you edit mode.

Jack cw

:(

To be fair your (current) NT really deserves it. I cheered for you guys in 2010.
I dont know... I liked our team in 2008 and 2010 for their relentless counter attacking and fast passes. After those defeats against Spain Löw switched tactics from counter to possession and we are now the ones who struggle against counter attacking teams. The defeat against Italy was well deserved and the only way we could possibly win the WC is either replacing Löw with Heynckes or Guardiolas system with Bayern works and we play like Spain 2.0

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Zabo, ANOTHER blog about releasing Pirlo.

I'm going to staple myself to death.

I dont know... I liked our team in 2008 and 2010 for their relentless counter attacking and fast passes. After those defeats against Spain Löw switched tactics from counter to possession and we are now the ones who struggle against counter attacking teams. The defeat against Italy was well deserved and the only way we could possibly win the WC is either replacing Löw with Heynckes or Guardiolas system with Bayern works and we play like Spain 2.0

You should definitely go back to counter attacking, it worked SO well.

About to order a pair of football boots for playing on astro, anything I should know? Like, should I order a size above/blow my normal size, manafacturers/sites to avoid etc

Linius

Quite happy, just booked tickets to Arctic Monkeys in Paris this year. They decided to skip the Netherlands with their fall/winter tour :(

Linius

Ordered some football trainers from Sports Direct (sorry WillKiller and Carbo) and it seems you have to buy some shitty magazine on top. Cheeky bastard, Mike Ashley. Cheeky fucking bastard.

Top Bottom