• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

Breaking Bad <3
I am so happy right now:
Great episode of Breaking Bad - I am so pleased for all the crew/cast and Rian Johnson
Got my A level exam remark back and got moved up to an A so happy days there

<3 <3

To you guys in countries with non-puritanical gambling laws: put some money down on Celtic for Wednesday. Our B team is pretty shitty.

Breaking Bad <3
I am so happy right now:
Great episode of Breaking Bad - I am so pleased for all the crew/cast and Rian Johnson
Got my A level exam remark back and got moved up to an A so happy days there

<3 <3

Congrats mang. That was one of the best episodes of BB.

Wilbur

Banned
To you guys in countries with non-puritanical gambling laws: put some money down on Celtic for Wednesday. Our B team is pretty shitty.

Was this posted, Frank baby?

AC Milan midfielder Kaka has asked to go without pay as he recovers from a thigh injury picked up in his first game since rejoining the Italian side.

The Brazil international, 31, was substituted in the 70th minute of the Rossoneri's 2-2 draw at Torino. He returned to Milan on a free earlier this month after leaving for Real Madrid for a world-record £56m in 2009.

"I don't want anything from Milan, except for love and support, until I'm fully fit and ready to play," he said. "For this reason I have decided to suspend my current pay for this period of time. The only thing I ask is for the support and help to recover properly. It is a difficult moment but I have started to work on getting better and I hope to get back as quickly as possible."

Kaka added he had spoken "at length" with Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani and club doctors before deciding to ask not to be paid. It is not clear whether Milan have accepted the player's offer.

Good shit on him if so.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
watching a gta 5 stream now and holy cow the water looks nice, like unreal nice, its not going for "real" per se but it just looks like you wanna go jump in there, waves are awesome too.

Christ, set your sights a bit higher bro

I don't want to say stupid shit like greatest game of all time but it's one of the best of the generation so far.

I'm a few hours in and I've already said wow a few times, had to replay the beginning on a different profile just to write down some key points about the advices they give you.

It's really overwhelming, I haven't even flied a plane yet!

gtavdive1_by_xbulletz-d6mknma.gif

(Can I post gifs now?)

ban him for spoilers pls

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
gtavdive1_by_xbulletz-d6mknma.gif

(Can I post gifs now?)

I have a thing for water in games, its something mario has always done so well, gta water was crappy before but this is like a perfect blend of cartoony and real enough to exist somewhere.

The GAF swing on IV from best game ever to worst game ever is hilarious.

It is what it always was. A good game in a great world.

I really really enjoyed IV, I still think it's a great game but it's not a great GTA you know. The world was mesmerising, it was engaging and was really unique but outside of the main missions there wasn't much to do.

IV missed a lot of what made a GTA game, but as a video game it's defiantly a very high quality game.

FootballFan

WTF Horse, there are people in GTA? /Game deleted.

I have a thing for water in games, its something mario has always done so well, gta water was crappy before but this is like a perfect blend of cartoony and real enough to exist somewhere.

Just Cause 2 water does that so good.. hnggg

Wilbur

Banned
I really really enjoyed IV, I still think it's a great game but it's not a great GTA you know. The world was mesmerising, it was engaging and was really unique but outside of the main missions there wasn't much to do.

IV missed a lot of what made a GTA game, but as a video game it's defiantly a very high quality game.

you did this on purpose you fucking bastard

Mr Cola

man ive not been following gta at all, didnt even want to buy it but this stream, the graphics are insane for an open world game.

Sturridge is such a clever player. Defoe would have been jogging back to our half when Sturridge made that run.

Rodgers should up the intensity in the second half of his training sessions. Or stop them from going full on "press 'im la" in the first half. You can keep backing off this much. People will learn to just keep it tight first half.

Clegg

Been playing The Ballad of Gay Tony this evening. Best part of the GTA IV series imo. Characters are genuinely funny and the missions are completely ott.

I enjoyed GTA IV and The Lost and the Damned but the somber tone got a bit grating after a while.

Wilbur

Banned

There's a bit in RDR at the end near the ranch where there's this little stream and it winds around a few rocks, and its probably no different than the rest of the game. But at the time it just fucking blew me away, just watching this water move and twist around this little collection of rocks and shit, it was so natural.

Very good game, rubbish GTA

Yeah I agree with you and Sleepless. The cognitive dissonance of its protagonist, everything being grey as fuck, it just wasn't fun. It didn't feel like a satire or that it was taking the piss. It was more a lamentation of the American Dream.

GTA V looks like its mocking that dream. And the reviews I've read today saying the characters are scumbags and misogynists while they chuckle as they mow over their thousandth pedestrian, it doesn't worry me at all. I know I'm going to love it.

FootballFan

wilbs, I gueniley didn't like IV from the start. A good game but a 7.5-8/10 for me. V just already seems more fun focused, which is what I always associated the GTA series with.

I would get rid of it just in case Lab. Personally couldn't give two hoots, but some might.

I think you might need to accept the crew invite, even though you requested one. RSC is a bit funny about the invite system

Also, get it on the PS3 you twat. I'll use a Cazorla avatar if you do

That last bit was a lie

Wilbur

Banned
Sturridge is such a clever player. Defoe would have been jogging back to our half when Sturridge made that run.

Rodgers should up the intensity in the second half of his training sessions. Or stop them from going full on "press 'im la" in the first half. You can keep backing off this much. People will learn to just keep it tight first half.

That's what AVB did last year wasn't it, after the Everton game? There's a very real drop off in the second half of Liverpool's performances, would worry me really quite immensely.

There's no killing edge to their play at the moment, and I'm not sure how much of that comes from Rodgers. He seems at once too married to his preferred style of play and too cautious of the fact that if he doesn't go out there pragmatically that something will change. Maybe it'll be different when Suarez comes back but he has to trust that he, Sturridge and Coutinho are good enough that taking a few risks and going for it will be absolutely worth it in the majority of games.

wilbs, I gueniley didn't like IV from the start. A good game but a 7.5-8/10 for me. V just already seems more fun focused, which is what I always associated the GTA series with.

i didnt like it
8/10

R U A GAEMS JURNALIST

I agree, 7/8 out of 10.

Zabojnik

Just Cause 2 water does that so good.. hnggg

Just Cause 3 can't come soon enough. I'm glad it's coming to next-gen consoles and PC. Should be amazing.

In other news, I managed to get rid of the Leap Motion I bought not one month ago for about 4/5 of what I originally paid. Good riddance, piece of crap motion technology. Never again.

Just Cause 3 can't come soon enough. I'm glad it's coming to next-gen consoles and PC. Should be amazing.

In other news, I managed to get rid of Leap Motion I bought not one month ago for about 4/5 of what I paid. Good riddance, piece of crap motion technology. Never again.

What exactly was the point of it? Seemed like a mini-Kinect for menu navigation

Wilbur

Banned
Surely it makes sense to not like something but accept/see that it's good. Or am I being crazy?

Nah you're right, there's plenty of films that are technically masterful, good acting and sound and direction etc, but I don't like them. Wouldn't give it as high a score as 8/10 if that was the case though.

It'd probably be like a 5 or 6, "I really didn't like this but I appreciate its qualities". It's all arbitrary scoring after a point anyway

fucken metacritic has ruined our lives

Salvadora

Yeah I agree with you and Sleepless. The cognitive dissonance of its protagonist, everything being grey as fuck, it just wasn't fun. It didn't feel like a satire or that it was taking the piss. It was more a lamentation of the American Dream.

GTA V looks like its mocking that dream. And the reviews I've read today saying the characters are scumbags and misogynists while they chuckle as they mow over their thousandth pedestrian, it doesn't worry me at all. I know I'm going to love it.
New York was also really boooooring.

FootballFan

Just Cause 3 has been confirmed for next gen?! Man, the amount of 320p videos I saved using the ingame video capture thing in JC2.. So much action, so many explosions, so many gun fights, so many stunts. Wilbs and Hitcher would love it.

The voice acting is some of the worst ever, but it's hilariously bad, not cringe-worthy bad. "my name is bolo santosi"

:lol I just skipped the "story" and destroyed all the islands.

Zabojnik

What exactly was the point of it? Seemed like a mini-Kinect for menu navigation

That's just the thing, there's no point to it. At least not on PC, where keyboard + mouse are the far superior controllers. Compared to kinect (1), leap is very precise (down to 0.01mm) and lag-free. Well, not really, but it's barely noticable and I think it depends more on your monitor's input lag than the device itself. The problem is the tracking of your fingers, which is pretty terrible. Which in turn renders it completely useless in serious applications that require complex gestures and games that aren't totally basic. Wave your finger around to cut fruit in Fruit Ninja basic.

If you ever get the itch like I did ... avoid at all costs.

Top Bottom