• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

Wilbur

Banned
Our next five games.

Southampton (H)

Sunderland (A)

Crystal Palace (H)

Newcastle (A)

West Brom (H)

Glad to of gotten Swansea out of the way and still be top of the league. Now obviously things don't always work out like you would expect in football and surprise results happen every week but we should be viewing all five of those matches as five games we can win. At least 12 points from those fixture should be the aim.

Should be looking at 12 at the very minimum I think, although I think you'd have every right to be disappointed if you lost any of them. Draw at Newcastle and win the rest would be hugely satisfying if I was a Liverpool fan.

Our next five are

City (A) - loss ;_;

WBA (H) - win

Sunderland (A) - win

Southampton (H) - win

Stoke (H) - win

but with you lot, Shakhtar and Sociedad sandwiched in between.

Royal Mail post mine around 1 so I get a lie-in :D

$1 and a chance to play with me on FIFA 14 if you put this bellend in a trunk and drown him in the sea =P

Ha, I hope you can do that. I hope you can lasso people as well, just because.

gtakwoads77rkt.gif

Essence of GTA in one gif

Dat Euphoria

Yep, I don't buy the whole 'can't set it outside the US because Americans can't relate' argument.

Same, lazy bit of reasoning imo from people with a self-inflated view of American culture

ShogunX

Scholes/Gerrard/Lampard is way too hard to call

I'm leaning towards Lampard/Scholes

Gerrard is one of the best midfielders to ever grace the game. The England team should of been built around him as he could do everything. Sadly for the country we fucked around trying to squeeze players into the classic 4-4-2 and ended up wasting the talents of all three players. All three should of been used as a middle three with Gerrard being the focal point.

Lampard is a great scoring midfielder, Scholes had almost everything in his locker yet both were not as complete as Gerrard. I'll be gutted to see him retire because for us he's a once in a lifetime talent.

So which CL game(s) is everyone watching tomorrow? I have a feeling that Sociedad-Shakhtar has potential to be the most entertaining but I'll likely just end up watching CSKA get smashed by BAYEEEEEEEEERN.

3Sixty

Feel Scholes played in better teams throughout his career.

People will probably look more favorable towards Gerrard and Lampard when they retire like they have with Scholes.

All 3 players have their strengths though.

Walshy

How were Sakho and Moses?
Moses was great first half not so good second

Sakho was clearly adjusting to the pace of the league, he got better as the game went on

We badly missed johnson and suarez. Coutinho going off and agger not being able to play also haltered us

Only get better as the season goes on, im delighted with 10 from 12. Next 5 games are winnable

Lightning

Banned
Should be looking at 12 at the very minimum I think, although I think you'd have every right to be disappointed if you lost any of them. Draw at Newcastle and win the rest would be hugely satisfying if I was a Liverpool fan.

Our next five are

City (A) - loss ;_;

WBA (H) - win

Sunderland (A) - win

Southampton (H) - win

Stoke (H) - win

but with you lot, Shakhtar and Sociedad sandwiched in between.
Liverpool don't have Europe sandwiched in between like the top clubs do.

We have:

Stoke - H

Swansea - A

West Brom - A

Norwich - H

Crystal Palace - A

You would expect us to get a few points in there but you never know. The main games happen when we start playing one another but important to get the points off the mid table teams.

We have:

Stoke - H

Swansea - A

West Brom - A

Norwich - H

Crystal Palace - A

You would expect us to get a few points in there but you never know. The main games happen when we start playing one another but important to get the points off the mid table teams.

10 points should be the bare minumum from those

GorillaJu

Moses was great first half not so good second

Sakho was clearly adjusting to the pace of the league, he got better as the game went on

We badly missed johnson and suarez. Coutinho going off and agger not being able to play also haltered us

Only get better as the season goes on, im delighted with 10 from 12. Next 5 games are winnable

I see. Thanks for the rundown. Looking forward to the next game already.

Yen

We have:

Stoke - H

Swansea - A

West Brom - A

Norwich - H

Crystal Palace - A

Wonder which players will get injured in those games. I'll go for Sagna and Wilshere.

FootballFan

Spoiler:

The look on Ellie's face :( SHE KNOWS

Also, my favourite part was the giraffes <3

TLoU

Yeah the whole bit with the giraffes was great. What a lovely game, Last of Us, GTA, Pokemon etc. Next gen rolling in. This year will/has been a really good gaming one.

I'm off to play gta, let's see if it can knock off TLoU from GotY spot for me. Fifa 10 is my indie game of the year, but TLoU retail goty so far.

TLoU

Yeah the whole bit with the giraffes was great. What a lovely game, Last of Us, GTA, Pokemon etc. Next gen rolling in. This year will/has been a really good gaming one.

I'm off to play gta, let's see if it can knock off TLoU from GotY spot for me. Fifa 10 is my indie game of the year, but TLoU retail goty so far.

GTA

Have you unlocked Trevor yet?

Wilbur

Banned
i hope there's a sequel where ellie and joel come back from the [spoilers]dead[/spoilers] in 2025 and to stop themselves from feasting on humans like zombies they go to an old abandoned house and find a playstation 3 with backwards compatibility and a will u with virtual console and play the last of us ocarina of time zone of the enders war of the monsters fifa 10

K1LLER7

i hope there's a sequel where ellie and joel come back from the [spoilers]dead[/spoilers] in 2025 and to stop themselves from feasting on humans like zombies they go to an old abandoned house and find a playstation 3 with backwards compatibility and a will u with virtual console and play the last of us ocarina of time zone of the enders war of the monsters fifa 10

All those Indie Games

The Giraffes after all the David business was stunning.
Still can't believe how good it was.

Yeah, was unbelievable.
Really didn't expect that moment.

TLoU

Pretty sure TLoU is going to be in my top 3 GOTYs. Me and Wilbz were just laughing at that Fifa 10 reference :lol

jtb

Banned
It's my nature :(

It was a dark few weeks in August there. I suppose if you expect the worst nothing can surprise you.

I think we'll be fine. Theo's next in line, which I don't mind. If Theo gets injured, then I'll panic. But I think we'll pick up the points, maybe give some youngsters a quick run in the team.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Just woke up. Result was to my expectations but how was the performance? The Guardian basically summed us up as 'unconvincing'.

If your a liverpool fan unconvincing has been every game this season, but you are winning, its a good trait to have

I want that trait back :(

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
GTA thread, OT... the last three threads I opened had someone freshly banned in.

Wes you reupping on fifa 14? I hope you have seen the new thread, you have a place on there

Wes

venison crêpe
Wes you reupping on fifa 14? I hope you have seen the new thread, you have a place on there

I saw. I thought it was magical. Money is tight at moment and I forked out for GTA V instead.

If I can find a nice deal on somewhere I'll consider it.

Top Bottom