• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

Zabojnik

Just Cause 3 has been confirmed for next gen?! Man, the amount of 320p videos I saved using the ingame video capture thing in JC2.. So much action, so many explosions, so many gun fights, so many stunts. Wilbs and Hitcher would love it.

The voice acting is some of the worst ever, but it's hilariously bad, not cringe-worthy bad. "my name is bolo santosi"

:lol I just skipped the "story" and destroyed all the islands.

Nothing's been confirmed yet as far as I know, but since it's a 2014, maybe even a 2015 game, surely it's gonna be on PC/PS4/XO?

3nnue.gif

Yen

I hope there's not much

"I just wanna help me family! I'm a good man"

*mission where you kill hundreds*

in V

Wilbur

Banned
I hope there's not much

in V

Yeah that cognitive dissonance really ruined IV for me. Apparently all the main characters are cunts in this one. So we'll be fine.

I hope there's not much

in V

This was even worse in Max Payne.

"OH I dont want to hurt people anymore and I dont want to drink and do this many drugs"

*cut to gameplay where you shoot up thousands and pop pills all over the place, with silly one liners over it*

Wilbur

Banned
Neville is making absolute sense here about Scholes even without my bias. Carragher asking why Scholes would be better if Gerrard and Lampard scored more to win games, and why did he play on the left for England if he was better? Neville brings up Benitez playing Gerrard on the right, says Paul Scholes is the best player he's ever played with.

Carra - why did Scholes buy Veron?
Neville - Because Scholes is a poor player.

Compared Scholes to Xavi and Pirlo saying that ability to control a match is just as important as a goalscorer.

u go g nev

Hope some of you guys saw that, where do you fit in on the Scholes/Lampard/Gerrard debate? Club loyalties might be important in this one :lol

Zabojnik

I'm calling it right now. If we don't come home with 3 points from Copenhagen, we'll finish third in the group. This year's City.

Yen

Neville is making absolute sense here about Scholes even without my bias. Carragher asking why Scholes would be better if Gerrard and Lampard scored more to win games, and why did he play on the left for England if he was better? Neville brings up Benitez playing Gerrard on the right, says Paul Scholes is the best player he's ever played with.

Compared Scholes to Xavi and Pirlo saying that ability to control a match is just as important as a goalscorer.

u go g nev

Hope some of you guys saw that, where do you fit in on the Scholes/Lampard/Gerrard debate? Club loyalties might be important in this one :lol
BUUN7OEIIAEXN6-.jpg

K1LLER7

u go g nev

If I wanted a midfielder for goalscoring, Lampard. Guy is a machine.

But for someone to control a game with less goals, Paul Scholes. He has everything.

Arnie

Breaking Bad was insanely good. Epitomised all that the show does well, ridiculously entertaining with some laughable plot devices.

And the next GTA should be in Manchester or Liverpool. Fuck the US and London doesn't really give a proper representation of working class England (or the parts of it that do have been done to death in popular media).

u go g nev

Didn;t see enough of Scholes in his prime to choose between him and Gerrard, but I'd have Gerrard above Lampard all day e'ry day

WJD

u go g nev

People seem to forget that Scholes was more than capable of scoring goals when played further up the pitch, it's just that he was so much more influential and sexy when played deeper and allowed to dictate. I'd have him and Gerrard over Lampard, but between the two of them it all comes down to personal preference.

Not playing Scholes in his proper position has got to be one of the biggest England blunders over the past few years, and there's been a bloody lot of them to choose from.

Yen

Breaking Bad was insanely good. Epitomised all that the show does well, ridiculously entertaining with some laughable plot devices.

And the next GTA should be in Manchester or Liverpool. Fuck the US and London doesn't really give a proper representation of working class England (or the parts of it that do have been done to death in popular media).

Can't imagine how bad a GTA London would be for Danny Dyer impressions.

Wilbur

Banned

It was fucking incredible wasn't it? fuck the naysayers

Didn;t see enough of Scholes in his prime to choose between him and Gerrard, but I'd have Gerrard above Lampard all day e'ry day

Like Neville said, its apples and oranges because by the time Gerrard and Lampard particularly came to real prominence, Scholes had changed his game. Carragher wrote an article explaining why he'd go Gerrard > Lampard > Scholes the other day, he's right in saying the absolute effort Lampard put in to become a top player is phenomenal. And Gerrard's unbelievable.

Probably biased, but Scholes > Gerrard >> Lampard.

Liverpool Bros/Swansea Bros, this was for you.

You told us we would win. You lied. You have a price on your head

1 dollar to the man who can parachute onto K1LLER7's car as he drives, throw a piece of C4 onto his car, and blow him up as he approaches a cliff, sending him flying off the precipice in a glorious fireball

I'll double dip, if only for the game-recording features which have always been sadly missing from GTA :(

Off to bed, gotta be up in case there's an early delivery :D

Would be better if they set it across the UK.

But they'll stick with America because it's safe for them

ShogunX

Our next five games.

Southampton (H)

Sunderland (A)

Crystal Palace (H)

Newcastle (A)

West Brom (H)

Glad to of gotten Swansea out of the way and still be top of the league. Now obviously things don't always work out like you would expect in football and surprise results happen every week but we should be viewing all five of those matches as five games we can win. At least 12 points from those fixture should be the aim.

K1LLER7

You told us we would win. You lied. You have a price on your head

1 dollar to the man who can parachute onto K1LLER7's car as he drives, throw a piece of C4 onto his car, and blow him up as he approaches a cliff, sending him flying off the precipice in a glorious fireball

I'll double dip, if only for the game-recording features which have always been sadly missing from GTA :(

Off to bed, gotta be up in case there's an early delivery :D

Royal Mail post mine around 1 so I get a lie-in :D

$1 and a chance to play with me on FIFA 14 if you put this bellend in a trunk and drown him in the sea =P

Arnie

Would be better if they set it across the UK.

But they'll stick with America because it's safe for them
I suppose, just thinking about one cohesive map.

You could theoretically have Manchester and Liverpool and some fuck off countryside in between. Set it in the 80s and fill it with footy/music culture and you're laughing.

Then make Preston as DLC.

The Ballad of Naughty Arnie.

Top Bottom