• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

Tc91

GTA at the GOTY awards:

nothing_stops_this_train-9763.gif

Zabojnik

@Zabo: Ignore the 'hairy' part LOOOL but you get the 'idea'.

HAIRY MASKED KILLER! Brilliant.

Spoiler
As in she willingly going back to the ship hoping to reverse her son's death!
The purgatory/punishment interpretation makes more sense though, but it doesn't explain the wind stopping and the electromagnetic storm.

Watching the video ... if they wanted to make it come across as if she's willingly going back to the ship, they should've just removed the "I'm sorry" she says to the guy on the pier at the beginning of the movie and kept it when when she goes to the pier again at the end. That would've been a much more effective way of conveying that she's aware of what's waiting for her on the sea the second time around. As in she's sorry for what's about to happen to her friends.

Anyway, it's open to interpretation.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Anyone got predictions?

Posted last night but here are my English ones, because i dont watch enough football to guess at the others.

Man United - 2-1 - Leverkusen
I went for 2-2 yesterday but I gotta be optimistic, its hard to know how we are going to play from game to game, alot seems to rely on whether we can get the ball to RVP, teams are marking him out and we arent creative enough at the moment, there are sparks but its not consistent.

Pizen - 0-2 - Man City
I cant see City losing this, then again I dont know much about Pizen, never heard of them till the draw, I heard they did over Napoli, then again I dont know how good Napoli are. Either way even with how duff City have been going forward a victory would not surprise me. I do however hope they tie or lose in a hilarious fashion

Marseille - 1-1 - Arsenal
Now if you had asked me a few weeks ago I would have pinned Marseille at home, but Oziil just throws such a spanner in the works. I legitimately dont have any idea how this is going to go so I went safe. I want to see Arsenal v a good team and an away game, albeit in France, in the champions league is a good little indication.

Chelsea - 3-1 - Basel
I can see Basel scoring, cant see them winning. Not entirely sure where Chelsea are going to pull 3 goals from but, at home especially, cant see anything but a win.

Batigol

Banned
Anyone got predictions?

Posted last night but here are my English ones, because i dont watch enough football to guess at the others.

Man United - 2-1 - Leverkusen
I went for 2-2 yesterday but I gotta be optimistic, its hard to know how we are going to play from game to game, alot seems to rely on whether we can get the ball to RVP, teams are marking him out and we arent creative enough at the moment, there are sparks but its not consistent.

Pizen - 0-2 - Man City
I cant see City losing this, then again I dont know much about Pizen, never heard of them till the draw, I heard they did over Napoli, then again I dont know how good Napoli are. Either way even with how duff City have been going forward a victory would not surprise me. I do however hope they tie or lose in a hilarious fashion

Marseille - 1-1 - Arsenal
Now if you had asked me a few weeks ago I would have pinned Marseille at home, but Oziil just throws such a spanner in the works. I legitimately dont have any idea how this is going to go so I went safe. I want to see Arsenal v a good team and an away game, albeit in France, in the champions league is a good little indication.

Chelsea - 3-1 - Basel
I can see Basel scoring, cant see them winning. Not entirely sure where Chelsea are going to pull 3 goals from but, at home especially, cant see anything but a win.

All four should win, but if one doesn't it will probably be Arsenal.

Meier

Transfermarkt says 2015. I heard that u18 players can only receive a 3 year contract, which sounds right. The Pogba deal was also 3 years. He was bought in October 2009 and left for Juve in 2012. So 2014 is probably right.

I always get boned by the Frenchies and Spaniards in FM. They always want monster deals when I try and re-sign them to a longer deal the minute they turn 18. South America 4 lyfe. Made one Spanish player sit out the last 4 games of the season so he didn't get an automatic salary bump a few weeks before he turned 18 so I could re-sign him for less hopefully. I'm a bastard. :lol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
HAIRY MASKED KILLER! Brilliant.

Watching the video ... if they wanted to make it come across as if she's willingly going back to the ship, they should've just removed the "I'm sorry" she says to the guy on the pier at the beginning of the movie and kept it when when she goes to the pier again at the end. That would've been a much more effective way of conveying that she's aware of what's waiting for her on the sea the second time around. As in she's sorry for what's about to happen to her friends.

Anyway, it's open to interpretation.

I'm gonna watch Timecrimes now. I hear it's VERY similar! I'm a sucker for time travel movies :p

dc89

CityEDS do what Seniors don't.

Won 4-1 in U19 Champions League. Lopes with 2 goals.
Fuck Suarez. #RekikLopesFuture

Wilbur

Banned
For what it's worth I think the driving's fine. A little less tight than GTA4 was but I've had no problems with it whatsoever.

What are the CL games tonight again?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
ive been watching a gta stream on and off for about 15 hours now, didnt end up buying and have no need to buy it after watching the footage. Good looking game, plays well, just dont care about the sandbox aspect anymore.

Hixx

ps3 bros, please talk to me about the frame rate.

Fine unless you are driving fast in the more dense parts of the city during the day. Then shit looks ugly and runs at like 20fps.

The game must have a adaptive resolution thing going on because the game can look stunning sometimes and legitimately terrible at others, like I said mostly when driving in the city.

Slizz

For what it's worth I think the driving's fine. A little less tight than GTA4 was but I've had no problems with it whatsoever.

What are the CL games tonight again?
Aside from United

14:45 Real Sociedad vs Shakhtar Donetsk

14:45 Galatasaray vs Real Madrid

14:45 FC Kobenhavn vs Juventus

14:45 SL Benfica vs RSC Anderlecht FC

14:45 Olympiacos Piraeus vs Paris Saint Germain

14:45 Bayern Munchen vs CSKA Moscow

14:45 Viktoria Plzen vs Manchester City

Wilbur

Banned
Cheers Slizz

Manchester United 2 - 1 Bayer Leverkusen
Real Sociedad 1 - 1 Shakhtar Donetsk
Galatasaray 1 - 1 Real Madrid
FC Kobenhavn 0 - 2 Juventus
SL Benfica 3 - 0 RSC Anderlecht FC
Olympiacos Piraeus 0 - 1 Paris Saint Germain
Bayern Munchen 2 - 0 CSKA Moscow
Viktoria Plzen 1 - 1 Manchester City

dc89

Cheers Slizz

Manchester United 2 - 1 Bayer Leverkusen
Real Sociedad 1 - 1 Shakhtar Donetsk
Galatasaray 1 - 1 Real Madrid
FC Kobenhavn 0 - 2 Juventus
SL Benfica 3 - 0 RSC Anderlecht FC
Olympiacos Piraeus 0 - 1 Paris Saint Germain
Bayern Munchen 2 - 0 CSKA Moscow
Viktoria Plzen 1 - 1 Manchester City

tumblr_labmbraOM31qd9vcjo1_500.gif

L1NETT

Sorry but if City can't beat Vicky P they don't deserve to be in the CL in the first place.

Just had a little google to find out about Vicky P. Their captain, grandpa Pavel Horvath aged 38.

In September 2007, Horváth was fined 200,000 Czech korunas, for apparently performing the Nazi salute during Sparta's league match against FK Viktoria Žižkov. He apologized for that incident, and said that his gesture was misinterpreted, claiming he only tried to calm down his teams' rowdies.[

Hmm

Top Bottom