• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

Wilbur

Banned
Will be home by half 4, gonna have a nap before dinner so I can stay awake to watch footy and play GTA. this is the life

Increasingly nervous Giggs is gonna play.

dc89

11205_10153268475645455_1658875674_n.jpg

Ruh-roh. Rummage is gonna get fucked up after the stuff he's said about us.

Join Manchester City CEO, Ferran Soriano, and Bayern Munich Chairman, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge for an exclusive dinner and round table discussion on 1 October.

The duo will be discussing the business of Elite European football on the eve of City’s highly anticipated Champions League clash with Bayern Munich in the first of this season’s “An Evening with…” events at the Etihad Stadium.

Numbers are strictly limited, so secure your place now for this unique opportunity!

Tickets are priced from £275 +VAT per person, and VIP tables and sponsorship packages are available.

Meier

So far only girls like it

And Randy

I like it -- my wife is a huge fan and watches it more often than I do (I'll skip episodes to play a game in the room or something) but it's enjoyable and Jess/Zooey looks great in it (so does her friend). The Mindy Project is decent enough as well. Apparently this season is even better than the 1st according to critics.

Ruh-roh. Rummage is gonna get fucked up after the stuff he's said about us.

Hah, I was thinking the same thing when I saw the tweet. Will be curious to see how candid he is.

Fergie

Banned
Has anyone got their iFruit order ingame? The app is a mess and I can't even order anymore.

Either way, seems smooth on PS3 so far. Driving feels a bit stuck but overall better than 4.

The special abilities should be in a single button, a bit difficult to press both joysticks down sometimes.

Blablurn

btw, its good what sammer, hoeneß and rummenige are doing. the media keeps focusing on that discussion and the team can stay all calma and prepare for the next tasks

Meier

Sorry but if City can't beat Vicky P they don't deserve to be in the CL in the first place.

They beat Napoli in the Europa last season 5-0 on aggregate. Decent little team. Think we'll win though despite the fact they managed to draw with Milan at home in the 2011-2012 UCL. They have a very good record at home in Europe.

Meier

For those who have missed it previously, here is the code for the GAF league in the Official UCL Fantasy game (you can also just rejoin it if you played last year):

quote me to see the code

I haven't got my ifruit car with M0Y3EZUS license plate but there is some cool car in the garage anyway

I wanted to make Moyeezy Taught Me my PSN name but it doesn't let you use spaces. Major oversight by Sony.

FFS

I hate the driving in Saints Row and I loved it in IV.

Oh well by the time I play the game it'll be 2031 and they'll probably have patched it.

Yeah it's pony. Although the slower, heavier vehicles control a bit more like the cars in IV. It's like they just increased the responsiveness of every vehicle.

L1NETT

They beat Napoli in the Europa last season 5-0 on aggregate. Decent little team. Think we'll win though despite the fact they managed to draw with Milan at home in the 2011-2012 UCL. They have a very good record at home in Europe.

Yeah fair point but come on, look at the budget difference. You should crush them, They are still minute compared to you, look at the transfer outlays i'm sure the 100m you spent this summer outweighs their transfer fees for their entire history as a club.

Meier

Yeah fair point but come on, look at the budget difference. You should crush them, They are still minute compared to you, look at the transfer outlays i'm sure the 100m you spent this summer outweighs their transfer fees for their entire history as a club.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be crushed if we don't beat them. Just saying that they're not entirely hopeless (Plzen) and have beat some pretty good teams before especially at home (won 10 of their last 11 European games there). We're lucky that this and the CKSA Moscow game are not a bit later in the year.

deroli

2-2 United Leverkusen

Comedy defending from Leverkusen in the beginning. Now comedy defending from United.

That is definitely the match I'm going to watch. Leverkusen getting one point in Old Trafford? Maybe. They can play pretty well but I'm afraid they will show too much respect to United. So I say 3-1.

James Wilson is a name United fans should look out for. Been doing really well for the youth sides and for England.

Regularly trains with the first team at Carrington too.

Wilbur

Banned
I hope Kagawa plays

So do I baby

So do I :(

I think he will. If not now then he'll play against City, and both games are big enough that whichever one he does get picked for I can't complain he's being saved for whatever reason. More likely he'll play tonight against a team who won't look to monopolise possession and the pace will be slower.

Zabojnik

People keep bringing this up. I'm the last person to defend Napoli, but that was Napoli's B squad and at that point they basically wanted to quit the EL campaign and concentrate on the scudetto. I'm sure they're a decent team, but that match doesn't really count for anything, imo.

dc89

For those who have missed it previously, here is the code for the GAF league in the Official UCL Fantasy game (you can also just rejoin it if you played last year):

quote me to see the code

I made my team and I'm in the league.

Who scored our second?

Weird, mine came this morning.

Pearson.

ixEchIs8dTJeE.gif

Pearson has been really solid. No mistakes and has made two great runs with the ball, one of which resulted in a goal. James Wilson has made good runs. Hasn't had much to work with. Pereira has been disappointing. Had some good moments showing his individual skill, but less consistent in his passing. He started off playing right behind Wilson and then was moved out right. I think he would do better if he would drop slightly deeper. He has the ability to beat his man easily and is capable of a through ball, but Wilson is his only passing option at times.

Top Bottom