• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

dc89

United announce record turn over. £363.2m.

Maybe they've announced it now because fans have forgot about the transfer window.

Debt is now down to a 'mere' £389.2m. Financing the debt last year cost £70.8m.

Wilbur

Banned

Maybe they've announced it now because fans have forgot about the transfer window.

Unlikely considering they sent out that fucking letter

kharma45

Man United annual results: Cash balance £94m. Debt £389m. Profit £17.2m. record revenue £363.2m & projected to soar to £420m-430m in 2013-14 and £500m in 2014-15.

BUcH4S7CcAAXI2J.jpg:large

http://ir.manutd.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=133303&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1855756&highlight=

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Johan Wiland: "I have never made so many saves in a single game at København as I have (yesterday)."

"The save I'm most proud of is the one from Paul Pogba's shot in the first half. It was very important."

Urge to /wrist rising.

GorillaJu

Man I love the Anfield Wrap. They're fuckin hilarious - it starts off all happy times and "lib'pool top of the league!" and by the end one of the guys practically needs a leash on him to stop him murdering Aspas.

I've never seen anyone rush to judgment so quickly. 4 games in and our team is shit apparently :lol

Andy's idea of playing Moses as a wingback in a 3-5-2 is actually pretty wild. Don't see it happening but I'd get a kick out of that.

Clegg

Very interesting.

I imagine it'll be a similar deal to the last time we sold shares.

60% of the money goes to the Glazers and 40% to pay off the debt.

Edit:Unless one of the Gazer's is selling up completely. Dunno what happens in that situation. Do they pocket all of the money for themselves?

PES 2014 is a methodical sports game with deep systems that reward practice and experimentation; the sort of game that will appeal to people who read Zonal Marking rather than Sun Sport. It's never going to beat FIFA for glitz and polish - charms that are no less valid when it comes to how you invest your leisure time - but PES has the potential to become a very deep obsession, where even a 4-0 drubbing has meaning.

Eurogamer

9/10 :D

Hixx

PES 2014 is a methodical sports game with deep systems that reward practice and experimentation; the sort of game that will appeal to people who read Zonal Marking rather than Sun Sport. It's never going to beat FIFA for glitz and polish - charms that are no less valid when it comes to how you invest your leisure time - but PES has the potential to become a very deep obsession, where even a 4-0 drubbing has meaning.

Eurogamer

oh my god are they going down this road again

It was straight up fucking embarrassing when I was at school. It's even more cringeworthy now.

Jack cw

Eurogamer

Love it. I love Zonal Marking and I love football for what it is and how it works. Nice too see Konami finally going the way they started on PS2.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Man I love the Anfield Wrap. They're fuckin hilarious - it starts off all happy times and "lib'pool top of the league!" and by the end one of the guys practically needs a leash on him to stop him murdering Aspas.

I've never seen anyone rush to judgment so quickly. 4 games in and our team is shit apparently :lol

Andy's idea of playing Moses as a wingback in a 3-5-2 is actually pretty wild. Don't see it happening but I'd get a kick out of that.
Never go full 3-5-2.

sohois

you haven't? why, go back and read preseason impressions on here; everyone was quick to proclaim aspas as far superior to borini and likely to be a top player. i meanwhile advised caution, given that a few preseason games is hardly a relevant sample size.

now aspas is shit and we should've kept borini. i meanwhile will advise caution, given that a few competitive preseason games is hardly a relevant sample size

Yen

I suggested we play Henderson there.

Clegg

Net debt is a tad below $300m now.

We have cash in bank of $93m. That figure is always taken into account when calculating debt even though it isn't part of the statement.

Eurogamer

but I'm dudebro

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
does pro evo have pro clubs mode? No? Then im sorry but I will never invest time in it until it does, pro clubs is the funnest way to play football games, hands down.

Linius

Still need to get to Trevor, but I already did most of the side stuff available with Michael and Franklin. Love these missions. The weed one and the one with the paparazi were fun.

does pro evo have pro clubs mode? No? Then im sorry but I will never invest time in it until it does, pro clubs is the funnest way to play football games, hands down.

*shrugs*

I'd rather play a good game of football though. And I feel as though FIFA 14 does not provide me with this. Cart before horse and stuff.

sohois

Have no interest in playing online and probably never will in football games (and most other types of game for that matter). Big reason why even during the barren years of PES I still stuck with it, as single player FIFA has always been pretty dire.

Have no interest in playing online and probably never will in football games (and most other types of game for that matter). Big reason why even during the barren years of PES I still stuck with it, as single player FIFA has always been pretty dire.

I'm somewhat the same. I can't stand the level of input lag introduced when you play either FIFA or PES online, it's incredibly jarring to the point of being game-breaking.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
*shrugs*

I'd rather play a good game of football though. And I feel as though FIFA 14 does not provide me with this. Cart before horse and stuff.

I should preface this by saying I enjoy fifa much more than pro evo, I was merely making the wider point that it is useless for me to learn a game that I currently dislike when the end goal is I wont be playing it for more than a few weeks at best. In an ideal world if Pro Evo and Fifa are the same Fifa wins, for me, because it has the best mode. Clubs isnt just Fifa with friends, its an entirely new mode that fundamentally changes how the game is played, its not like you are playing against ai with a few friends in it you are playing against human intelligence which does things unpredictably. This means that, even playing the demo for 14, one cannot grasp how clubs is going to be, it could be terrible, but I honestly dont think it will be.

For anyone who haven't tried it I cannot recommend the mode highly enough, and we have teams for all 3 systems, pc, xbox and ps3 and all are active as fuck.

Top Bottom