• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

Meier

FIFA clubs is the most fun online mode in any game to me. It's a must play.

Stayed up late playing GTA and got less than 4 hours. I am going to be a wreck today. Groan.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I don't even know what Pro Clubs is. Is it the Pokémon thing?

Pro Clubs is a system where you make and online team and populate it with friends, fellow gaf members or even random people who you scout and ask to join. You then play other teams online in games, with each player choosing a position. One player is allowed to go "Any" which means they take control of all the positions not filled. I can only speak about our PC Club Believe FC but last year we averaged 5-6 people on at all times, sometimes 9-10, and played 2500 games in 12 months. It is hugely fun, not only because we are all in mumble, because it simulates 90th minutes winners, relegation battles, promotion battles and rivalries. Because of the number of players controlled by humans the game is unpredictable, you have to adapt to every team you face and their strategies while coming up with your own too.

I played it for 800 hours this season and am stoked for the 24th when Fifa comes out this season. If you want to check our new thread its here.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=679185

It has a rundown of last season

Jack cw

Have no interest in playing online and probably never will in football games (and most other types of game for that matter). Big reason why even during the barren years of PES I still stuck with it, as single player FIFA has always been pretty dire.

This so true. I mostly play offline because I dont have that much time to spend and dont want to be in comepetition mode against a human opponent after coming home from work. The career mode in FIFA is the thing I play most and the AI is terrible and gets even worse with the sliders. PES on the other hand has a decent AI on higher difficulties that is also very aggressive but not free of mistakes. Its just more fun that way and the gameplay is much more realistic. Eurogamer nailed it with its Sun Sports/ Zonal Marking comparison.

Linius

Why? He's one of the least biased ones (because he is from Enschede).

He's the one single ref that always screws us over in some way. Also the one that gaven Van Rhijn his red card this season. Nijhuis should never be reffing an important Ajax game again, I really don't understand why he got this game. It's like the KNVB doesn't even care. He and Vink got a very bad image amongst Ajax fans.

confuziz

Banned
He's the one single ref that always screws us over in some way. Also the one that gaven Van Rhijn his red card this season. Nijhuis should never be reffing an important Ajax game again, I really don't understand why he got this game. It's like the KNVB doesn't even care. He and Vink got a very bad image amongst Ajax fans.

Hmm didn't know that, although I don't disagree with his decision on van Rhijn. He basically does that every week (like last game against Zwolle). He's not as good as people think he is.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
This so true. I mostly play offline because I dont have that much time to spend and dont want to be in comepetition mode against a human opponent after coming home from work. The career mode in FIFA is the thing I play most and the AI is terrible and gets even worse with the sliders. PES on the other hand has a decent AI on higher difficulties that is also very aggressive but not free of mistakes. Its just more fun that way and the gameplay is much more realistic. Eurogamer nailed it with its Sun Sports/ Zonal Marking comparison.

While it would appear im touting this too much, and for that im sorry. I too played career mode in fifa for years, and still did this year. Its a good solid mode let down by the ai. The single best thing I can say about clubs is that the rules that appear v the ai do not exist in clubs mode, thats not to say every game is wacky and 10-10, no, actually games can range from super easy to super hard (depending on how high you are ranked) and even in Division 1 we had super easy and super hard games (though more of the later of course). Its random in the best of senses, in the sense that the better team usually wins, but may lose to a 90th minute goal, where some games you can free score and others it just wont go in, where you adapt all through the game to meet what the opponent is trying to do. And all this while in a voip client with funny as fuck people making jokes. And the celebrations when you score and important goal :O i should find the youtube vids.

Linius

Hmm didn't know that, although I don't disagree with his decision on van Rhijn. He basically does that every week (like last game against Zwolle). He's not as good as people think he is.

I can go as far as admitting that a penalty would be in place, but a red card? Nope.

And Van Rhijn is solid, but he's certainly not as good as Van der Wiel was in his prime. I miss the days with Trabelsi :(

confuziz

Banned
I can go as far as admitting that a penalty would be in place, but a red card? Nope.

And Van Rhijn is solid, but he's certainly not as good as Van der Wiel was in his prime. I miss the days with Trabelsi :(

Van der Wiel seems to have captured a place in the XI of PSG. We need him back in Oranje. The Feyenoord trash needs to piss off.

Linius

Van der Wiel seems to have captured a place in the XI of PSG. We need him back in Oranje. The Feyenoord trash needs to piss off.

Yeah, that's for sure. If Van der Wiel can reach his WC 10 form we have a great defender back in the national team. Martins Indi and De Vrij should pack their backs for sure.

arkon

Dont forget Juve... We were basically out at the time. We had incredible luck with the CL draw... We wouldnt have had a chance against Barca, Inter or Chelsea at the time. The game against Fiorenta was totally random. Without the wind there Robbens shot would have benn saved by the goalie and Manu lost the knockout because they were fine with a draw in Munich.

You guys beat them in Munich though.

Clegg

Andy Green ‏@andersred 3m

#MUFC financial summary 1) club is still in debt but a more manageable amount than couple of years ago

#MUFC 2) total Glazer related bill now about £680m

#MUFC 3) club has lots of cash (£95m before summer window)

#MUFC 4) club isn't willing/able to spend much of it

#MUFC 5) as the commercial deals and TV money grows dividends to Glazers become very likely.

#MUFC 6) all the other major European clubs would reinvest in their stadiums and squads. That's the tragedy.

Smart predictions for tonight? I'm thinking:

Milan - Celtic

Chelsea - Basel

Marseille - Arsenal

Napoli - Dortmund

and Barcelona to win obviously.

Mr Cola

Smart predictions for tonight? I'm thinking:

Milan - Celtic

Chelsea - Basel

Marseille - Arsenal

Napoli - Dortmund

and Barcelona to win obviously.

I want to see Arsenal in full OP mode, I want a good Arsenal back in the big leagues

the Arsenal United rivalries of the early to mid 00's were terrific fun.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Buffon congratulating Copenhagen's keeper Wiland after the match.

BUcbY2qCEAEcbzx.jpg

Linius

Carice van Houten is dating the son of one the most popular talkshow hosts in our country. The guy is 25. Maybe there's hope for me, I'm only three years young and even more in my prime! :p

Fady K

For those who are interested, IGN gave PES14 an 8.4 saying: PES 2014 looks better than ever and the gameplay's a lot of fun, but nostalgia stops it from being a huge leap forward.

Meier

That Coutinho news solidified my reasoning for using the wildcard. Just need to find out more about Giroud..hopefully he plays tonight.

Tc91

Asley Williams is such a piece of shit player. I'm glad we didn't actually sign that dick nose moron. I hope someone breaks his legs and shoves it up his ass.

:loooooooool

Should of realised this when we played them last year and not just because of the RVP incident. He was being a cunt all game.

Top Bottom