• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

Salvadora

I want to see Arsenal in full OP mode, I want a good Arsenal back in the big leagues

the Arsenal United rivalries of the early to mid 00's were terrific fun.
I would like to see that too.

I'd hate to incur the wrath of Farid-kun, but injuries to Cazorla/Arteta/Podolski/Rosicky etc will prevent us from playing at our best. I'm expecting this to be a tough old match.

Kenka

Guys, do you have any experience in organizing a boycott ?

Given what FIFA did in the Qatar 2022 bidding process, it is fair to show that we don't accept their illegal greedy practices by boycotting FIFA 14.

Does anyone want to guide me step by step through the procedure of launching a wide-scale action ?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris

Given what FIFA did in the Qatar 2022 bidding process, it is fair to show that we don't accept their illegal greedy practices by boycotting FIFA 14.

Does anyone want to guide me step by step through the procedure of launching a wide-scale action ?

The scale of the boycott needed to dent fifa 14 is unattainable on such short notice. Though I agree the only way FIFA will learn is if you hurt the business side of them. Im sure they would be more hurt if you boycotted the world cup itself, along with many others.

bjaelke

EA pay a fixed amount of money for the license. A boycott would only hurt EA - not FIFA.

Clegg

Street sign for Dublin with Irish translation in GTA V.

gtavsign.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

SYJOhXC.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Sky Italia say Tévez reputedly told Llorente—"Perhaps you're useful for basketball, but in football I've never had a worse striker partner"

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Sky Italia are so pathetic.

Zabojnik

SerieA-GAF, how good in shape is Napoli? I know they've won all their matches but, with all respect, those teams they played don't really look all that impressive. Although you could say the same thing about us, Frankfurt aside.

It's hard to say. Everybody's been waiting for Napoli - Dortmund to find out just that. Going forward, they looked quite impressive so far, but their defence hasn't really been tested yet. Guess we'll find out tonight.

Please destroy them. Rafa is cool, but it's still Napoli. They must not be allowed to experience the joy of winning.

Fergie

Banned
Sky Italia say Tévez reputedly told Llorente—"Perhaps you're useful for basketball, but in football I've never had a worse striker partner"

Tevez wants to be Messi?

Argentines are cold.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
He should never have left United, all downhill from there

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The quote is fake, or else he'd be playing golf in Argentina already.

Comparison: Vucinic (9) and Tevez (10) involvements in the match vs Inter

BUUbgx4IUAAz5Iu.jpg

I love him <3

-

@Zabo

'Diamond is Unbreakable' IS the best part.

john-locke-i-was-wrong-o.gif

Zabojnik

:lol :lol :lol

We're inviting them to write bullshit like this though. Conte's excuses are really starting to annoy me.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Stone Ocean is cool.

:lol :lol :lol

We're inviting them to write bullshit like this though. Conte's excuses are really starting to annoy me.

We had like 100 corners last night :(

But according to Conte (and confirmed by Wooden too):

&#8220;I made some players warm up, including Llorente and Giovinco, as I wanted to see how the game was going to develop. Against a side with players who are strong in the air but slow, it would be stupid to play with tall forwards. Tevez, Quagliarella and Giovinco gave them the most problems, as they are shorter and quick.

Giovinco was effortlessly skinning them INSIDE their box.

Clegg

Sport Witness &#8207;@Sport_Witness 2m

Ok, the Tevez and Llorente quote originated with this Twitter account 2 days ago... @Anderzio

Sport Witness &#8207;@Sport_Witness 2m

The Twitter account who made up the Tevez/Llorente quotes has since apologised. Why does nobody check anymore?

That was fun while it lasted.

dc89

I've said it all along. He's a marvelous cunt.

Still is.

Kenka

The scale of the boycott needed to dent fifa 14 is unattainable on such short notice. Though I agree the only way FIFA will learn is if you hurt the business side of them. Im sure they would be more hurt if you boycotted the world cup itself, along with many others.
EA pay a fixed amount of money for the license. A boycott would only hurt EA - not FIFA.
|
v
FIFA.com said:
FIFA enjoyed a great period of success in the four-year cycle between 2007 and 2010, with revenue rising to USD 4,189 million, up significantly from the figure of USD 2,634 million from the previous four-year cycle. While costs also rose, they remained firmly in control, enabling FIFA to make an extremely healthy result of USD 631 million.

Ninety-three per cent of FIFA&#8217;s income during this period was accounted for by event-related revenue. The biggest event of them all proved the biggest fundraiser: the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa&#8482; made USD 2,408 million of FIFA&#8217;s USD 2,448 million through the sale of television rights, and USD 1,072 million of its USD 1,097 million via marketing rights. Overall, South Africa 2010 accounted for 87 per cent of FIFA&#8217;s total revenue.

http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/finances/income.html

TV channels to boycott the World Cup seems the way to go. But who would have the balls to not broadcast the event ?

Manager

Bolton lost against Leeds last weekend? What the hell is going on there, even with Ngog and Spearing they should be good enough to not be last in the league.

Jermaine Beckford not a single goal in 7 matches, he was built for Championship. Soon 30 years old, maybe lost some speed...?

Mr Cola

|
v

http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/finances/income.html

TV channels to boycott the World Cup seems the way to go. But who would have the balls to not broadcast the event ?

Well the irony is boycotting the Qatar world cup wont make that not profitable, in reality boycotting the 2018 WC would have more of an impact because EA sells rights and buys advertisements based on prospective viewer figures. So a successful 2014 and 2018 WC will mean that regardless of whatever action taken in 2022 they will have made their money, what woudl be impacted is FIFAs ability to sell the 2026 WC to sponsors.

And realistically Football is too big and too profitable.

Yen

There's about 8 people ahead of me in the queue for the barbers, including 5 screaming children. And it gets worse: they're Everton fans.

Headed to San Siro right now. I gotta say, I might be the most optimistic guy in the car, which says a lot. I also finally met a few of the fans that wanted Kakà back.

Edit: I'll add you tomorrow Bla :D

Top Bottom