• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

If italian clubs suck in Europe this year we will be surpassed by Portugal in the ranking

I doubt that will happen. I´m not too sure Benfica will do that well in Europe and the teams in the Europa League won´t do shit. Portugal won´t do enough points to surpass Italy.

justjohn

Think ill watch the arsenal game instead. The chelsea one will end in a boring 2-0 with chelsea shutting down after the two goals are scored.

L1NETT

Everton FC has become the first Premier League football team to announce that its players will wear rainbow laces in support of an anti-homophobia campaign

England defender Jagielka commented on the decision ahead of playing against West Ham this weekend, saying: “For me and the rest of the lads at Everton a player’s sexuality is not important, but their ability on the pitch is.

Good work Everton. Hope other teams follow in their footsteps.

Bradford City Football Club are flying the rainbow flag at their stadium on match days, the club has announced.

The League One side, nicknamed The Bantams, say that they are flying the flag at the club’s Coral Windows Stadium as a mark of solidarity with the LGBT community.

The flag, which is located at the back of Block A in the main stand, has been raised at every one of the team’s home fixtures since the start of the 2013-14 season.

Same as St Pauli. Proud to be a fan, very pleased.

Peco

If italian clubs suck in Europe this year we will be surpassed by Portugal in the ranking

tyl1n6p.gif

Salvadora

Why would we want Mata for? Too many players as it is in that position. Cazorla forced to play on the wing which will piss him off, I expect him to want a transfer at the end of the season.
Hasn't Cazorla played on the wing for most of his career? I seem to remember him expressing some surprise at playing in the centre for us as much as he has.

I want Mata because he is world class. Give me all the assist kings in Europe, baby.

jtb

Banned
Why would we want Mata for? Too many players as it is in that position. Cazorla forced to play on the wing which will piss him off, I expect him to want a transfer at the end of the season.

Has Cazorla ever complained about playing on the wing? I thought he played there at Villarreal and Malaga.

Mata is a very good player, but it would be nice to have a natural wide option because midfield is basically the lowest priority at this point.

Hasn't Cazorla played on the wing for most of his career? I seem to remember him expressing some surprise at playing in the centre for us as much as he has.

I want Mata because he is world class. Give me all the assist kings in Europe, baby.

Yeah, not sure why Cazorla would be mad that he plays on the wing. He can play across several midfield positions. Also, he was happy about the Ozil transfer.

Wilbur

Banned
Milan 3 - 0 Celtic
Chelsea 3 - 1 Basel
Marseille 1 - 1 Arsenal
Napoli 1 - 1 Dortmund
Schalke 2 - 2 Steuea
Austria 0 - 1 Porto
Atlético 2 - 0 Zenit
Barça 3 - 1 Ajax

ShogunX

Sat in my mates playing on his freshly bought PES14, not sure what to make of it. From the out of place Opera title music to the sometimes excellent animations it all feels like a very inconsistent product.
Hull are called Yorskhire Orange, Palace are South Norwood, Reina is still in goal for Liverpool (probably an update for this) and some of the player models are fucking horrendous.

For example - Kolo Toure

vZDysjL.jpg

Weird game.

Milan 2-1 Celtic
Chelsea 2-0 Basel
Marseille 1-3 Arsenal
Napoli 1-1 Dortmund
Schlake 3-1 Steuea
Austria 0-3 Porto
Atlético 1-2 Zenit
Barça 4-1 Ajax

Zenit to win a road game in the CL? Oh Kenka, you're a bigger Zenit homer than me. Even Spalletti doesn't believe it's possible, that why he's playing with 5 defenders and two DMs today. And Kerzhakov
, which means we're playing without a striker.
Trying to grind out a 0-0.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm beginning to think we won't get Flipnote Studio 3D this year. "Summer 2013" is beyond us at this point.

Most of the character studies I did on Colors (3DS) were not football related but here's one that is:

I'll upload some detailed football art later if you guys are interested, I have nothing else to do now that I can't play GTA :(

Beardloooooooooooooo

Salvadora

Ramsey and Flamini start again, Wilshere playing on the wing I assume. Good, strong team.
Wilshere did far better on the wing than I ever could have imagined.

Tonight will be the litmus test as to whether it was just Sunderland flattering him. If it wasn''t, happy days.

subtles

Has Cazorla ever complained about playing on the wing? I thought he played there at Villarreal and Malaga.

Mata is a very good player, but it would be nice to have a natural wide option because midfield is basically the lowest priority at this point.

I don't recall him complaining, but he usually played on the wing in a 4-2-2-2/4-4-2 system at his time in Spain. He was in this formation the primary playmaker and would come inside. In his final season he had no problem when playing on the wing in a 4-2-3-1 with Isco central, so I doubt playing with Ozil central will anger him.

Top Bottom