• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

Jack cw

havent scored, havent wont, lost all, playing on pro : /
Happened to me in the demo too. You need to learn to get press resistent and work with special moves. Its incredibly hard but rewarding if you manage to change your playstyle away from FIFA to a slower and focused gameplay. it takes time. Couldnt score or win on pro in the demo for days, but then it clicked. i still lose some matches but more because I'm impatient.

Meier

Does anyone here think this Sats person in OT isn't actually a troll account?

They got nailed for posting fake photos of themself in the Post Your Pics thread (it's a guy who was posting pics of a cute girl).

I'm off to see Prisoners later as I've heard a lot of good impressions.

Anyone here seen it yet?

Wife and I are definitely going to see it this weekend -- heard great impressions on a movie site I visit and the reviews have been very good (last I saw it was in the 80s on RT). Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

subtles

No, but it is far and away my most anticipated movie of the year. Everything I've heard about it so far sounds really good. Hoping to see it tomorrow.

I certainly hope it doesn't disappoint as you genuinely seem excited.

They got nailed for posting fake photos of themself in the Post Your Pics thread (it's a guy who was posting pics of a cute girl).

Wife and I are definitely going to see it this weekend -- heard great impressions on a movie site I visit and the reviews have been very good (last I saw it was in the 80s on RT). Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Should I wait till you guys see it before talking about it here?

Edit: I guess general impressions should be fine

sohois

Another Aguirre then? I can't say it's a big deal for me really, whatever gets you going is your own business, even if that thing is pretending to be a girl on the internet. So long as you aren't hurting anybody, whatever.

Aww man, I shouldn't have read this. Nothing about the context made me think it would be a legit spoiler.

I just got to the part where I select my choice for how to pull off Heist #2. Desperately looking forward to it.

If you've finished the first heist then what is in my spoilers isn't really for you

I assumed he meant the $2.5m you have to pay to fix the house. Unless it's the 2nd heist spoilers, then that sucks since I checked it too. But without context it doesn't say much really.

dc89

GD6ttk9.png

What a fortress.

Meier

Manchester City are set to swoop for Gil Vicente defender Pecks during the January transfer window after a recommendation from one of their scouts.

City manager Manuel Pellegrini has already hinted that he wants to add to his squad when the window reopens and 20-year-old Pecks looks to be the first to arrive.

The Cape Verde international has won over City scouts after breaking through at Portuguese club Gil Vicente, and a £5million deal is being talked up.

Pecks, whose full name is Pericles Santos Pereira, is also being eyed by Tottenham and Newcastle but City have a partnership with Gil Vicente and are the front runners.
http://metro.co.uk/2013/09/19/manch...-to-sign-gil-vicente-defender-pecks-4056715/?

Never heard of this guy but I approve of his name. :lol So close!

fml

They're playing Powell as a striker. We'll see if he actually plays there.

edit: confirmed

fuck you wigan

double edit: Thorgan hazard is playing for the belgium team. Hazard vs Powell. :D

Not ideal but at least he's playing.

What's the point of playing as a striker? We want him to play as a midfielder. He's not a natural midfielder so he needs as much playing time there to achieve that. Otherwise we'll just have another failed conversion like Anderson.

Yen

In the
LifeInvader mission, as I was leaving, some people were waiting to be to be interviewed and an employee came out and forced him to play hacky sack, saying he wouldn't get the job if he couldn't prove himself.
Brilliant send up of the whole Silicon Valley kookiness.

Finally, now fuck off Barry Hearn;

Leyton Orient's appeal for a judicial review into the decision to award use of the Olympic Stadium to West Ham United has been rejected by the High Court this afternoon.

Lawyers acting on behalf of Barry Hearn and the League One club argued that the London Legacy Development Corporation were wrong to award sole tenancy to West Ham United when they made their historic decision in December 2012.

However their appeal was rejected this afternoon with the decision announced shortly before 3pm, an hour or so after it had been expected.

As much of a cunt as the man is, I did have a laugh at him suggesting a ground share for the OS would be perfect as it's very possible West Ham and Orient will be playing in the same division next season. Cheeky git.

ShogunX

Swansea are seriously impressive. Don't think that was a straight red for Rami as Mathieu was covering but still Swansea very much look like the home side.

Top Bottom