• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

Zabojnik

Who's the 4 in midfield though? I can't wrap my head around it.

maybe have them positioned like a diamond

marchisio
vidal pogba
Pirlo

That would leave us too exposed on the flanks though. And Marchisio doesn't really work well as trequartista / SS, as seen last season, when Conte was experimenting with 3-5-1-1.

This fixation with the 3-man defense if doing us more harm than good. Not to mention the "we can't play 4-3-3 without Pepe" excuse. Really? Not even against - with all due respect - fucking Verona in our stadium? What's the problem, ffs? Licht - Barza - Bonny - Chiello back line, Vidal - Pirlo - Pogby midfield, Giovinco - Llorente - Vucinic up front. Someone needs to help in midfield? Fine, have Vucinic backtrack a bit more, he was doing it just fine during Conte's first year. It's FUCKING VERONA.

BRILLIANT!

But without wingback/fullbacks we'll get slaughtered.

Edit: Welcome to the thread btw!

It is why 343 is not the way to go. It is not worth sacrificing the midfield quality by playing with two of those 4 plus lichtsteiner and asamoah to accommodate an extra attacker.

Lazio take the lead to keep the impressive Italian record intact this week.

Thanks for the welcome Arsenal and Juventus/Italian Football in general fan here.

Meier

Aww, Spurs aren't letting Brad play? Oh well, at least he's still collecting his check.

How is Dembele in that much pain? Looked like a rather innocuous kick to the back of the leg.. seems like he is absolutely writhing.

Oh yeah, welcome Shanks! I must've missed your introduction. What's your poison, I mean, club?

Arsenal because I was born just down the road from them and luckily my Dad moved right next to the stadium when he moved from Italy.

Love all of Italian football, especially Juve and Parma(my dad's hometown)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It is why 343 is not the way to go. It is not worth sacrificing the midfield quality by playing with two of those 4 plus lichtsteiner and asamoah to accommodate an extra attacker.

Lazio take the lead to keep the impressive Italian record intact this week.

Thanks for the welcome Arsenal and Juventus/Italian Football in general fan here.

WELL WELL

Juve AND an MGS2 avatar

7tsPzSu.gif

The Gooners are generally cool.
when they aren't trying to steal Pogba and Conte

Meier

Impressive move by Tromso there.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Dembele stretchered off.

It was quite weird -- nothing in the play looked like it would even cause an injury but he was rolling around as if he was in extreme pain. Sat up when they were stretchering him off though. I bet he's fine.

Showaddy

Impressive move by Tromso there.

It was quite weird -- nothing in the play looked like it would even cause an injury but he was rolling around as if he was in extreme pain. Sat up when they were stretchering him off though. I bet he's fine.

I hope it's not like Sandro last year, only turned around and his Knee exploded...

subtles

Just got back from seeing "Prisoners". If any of you were on the fence about seeing it I cannot recommend it enough. A highly satisfying suspense and a wonderfully crafted film. I didn't go into it thinking about making comparisons to
Fincher
as I knew nothing about the film prior to my viewing but came away appreciating it for it was.

I'll save the details for when more of you see the film but this is one you really should go see.

Meier

Dembele's been pretty poor this year to be honest but he and Capoue out at the same time isn't great.

I think they just have too many attackers for him to be at his most effective now. He kind reminds me of Yaya Toure at times. Looks his best when he has freedom to run around and get forward and create.

Showaddy

Lamela's like the complete opposite of Townsend, guy's completely unselfish and could do with actually going for a shot or two.

NOOOO!!!!!!!!

arghhh hope he's okay. good thing we have a billion midfielders, I guess.

Well we say that, now Capoue's out as well we're down to Sandro & Paulinho as our natural centre-mids...

Top Bottom