• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

Timurid

Could you imagine it though?

-----------------Giroud------------------
--------------------------------------------
-Cazorla-------Ozil--------Honda--
--------------------------------------------
--------Ramsey-----Arteta-----------

Replace Giroud with possibly a world class striker (lol) and Arteta with someone like Gundogan or Bender. Go with the traditional 4-2-3-1, with the middle 3 all being attacking midfielders, moving around and interchanging. All 3 of those players brings a different sort of something to the mix and don't all play the same. Honda will never sign for us though as I don't think we're genuinely interested. Would rather see this though:

Reus---------Giroud--------Walcott
---------------------------------------------
------Ozil---------------Cazorla-------
---------------------------------------------
---------------Arteta---------------------

You dream too much.

dc89

Ozil time

Gonna be so goooooood.

iblWLxdowqAKpx.gif

jtb

Banned
There is no scenario in which Gundogan is a possibility. He won't come and he plays in Wilshere's position, so Wenger won't go for it anyways. If we bought Gundogan, it would essentially be the end of grooming Wilshere to be the next great Arsenal player. Not to mention Arteta plays there also. Flamini's nice, but a versatile box to box midfield destroyer/dribbler type should be the priority.

Arnie

Honda would be a sublime purchase. I wasn't really a Honda believer until I saw him earlier this year, now I think he's excellent. He was up there with Kagawa in terms of ability, from what I saw. Would love Liverpool to have a sniff.

Suen

Honda would be a sublime purchase. I wasn't really a Honda believer until I saw him earlier this year, now I think he's excellent. He was up there with Kagawa in terms of ability, from what I saw. Would love Liverpool to have a sniff.
You dream too much.

omgkitty

There is no scenario in which Gundogan is a possibility. He won't come and he plays in Wilshere's position, so Wenger won't go for it anyways. If we bought Gundogan, it would essentially be the end of grooming Wilshere to be the next great Arsenal player. Not to mention Arteta plays there also. Flamini's nice, but a versatile box to box midfield destroyer/dribbler type should be the priority.

Arteta is 31. He isn't going to be around forever.

jtb

Banned
Arteta is 31. He isn't going to be around forever.

Wilshere is his natural replacement, and then some new young player will be his understudy. Hell, the only reason Wenger even bought Arteta in the first place was because Wilshere was going to miss the entire season. Neither Wilshere nor Gundogan will want to spend the prime of their career as a backup.

Suen

and a striker. I can't believe we didn't even bother to try and get a decent striker
sorry Sanogo
. If Giroud gets injured we're in a shitty situation and I don't expect Podolski to keep it at the same level as Giroud does, he doesn't even get to play as much. I wouldn't have cared if we even went for a younger striker who seems to hold some promise, as long as we strengthened that position. I'm still shocked that we didn't invest in a striker. Oh and Julio Cesar, wtf.

omgkitty

and a striker. I can't believe we didn't even bother to try and get a decent striker
sorry Sanogo
. If Giroud gets injured we're in a shitty situation and I don't expect Podolski to keep it at the same level as Giroud does, he doesn't even get to play as much. I wouldn't have cared if we even went for a younger striker who seems to hold some promise, as long as we strengthened that position. I'm still shocked that we didn't invest in a striker. Oh and Julio Cesar, wtf.

That's exactly what we did lol

jtb

Banned
sorry Sanogo

oh yeah, that goes without saying. Long term, quality solutions to the striker + GK need to happen ASAP. No more of this free/loan bullshit, Wenger.

omgkitty

oh yeah, that goes without saying. Long term, quality solutions to the striker + GK need to happen ASAP. No more of this free/loan bullshit, Wenger.

I think Szcz is the long term solution for GK. Not sure why everyone shits on him so much. Does he do stupid shit sometimes? Yeah. Does he also make great saves? Yeah. He's still very young, especially for a GK.

Linius

ACNL bros: Holy shit, I've only been diving in a few times and just have turned in items to Blathers. I had nfc that they were worth so much potentially! :O

http://segmentnext.com/2013/06/10/animal-crossing-new-leaf-diving-and-sea-creatures-guide/

I caught two giant isopods in like 15 mins over lunch.. wow.

You gotta go for the bugs man, diving is worthless for money.

It's insane. The bank balance some of the more dedicated players have blows my mind.

I haven't enjoyed the game as much as I thought I would online as the AC community has been difficult to get into, but maybe that's just me.

The Gaf Crossing community is great. I can tell from the fact that I entered expecting nothing and ended up doing OT4 for the community after topping the wall of shame twice in a row :p

Wilbur

Banned
I think Szcz is the long term solution for GK. Not sure why everyone shits on him so much. Does he do stupid shit sometimes? Yeah. Does he also make great saves? Yeah. He's still very young, especially for a GK.

De Gea and Courtois are both younger and are both twice the keeper. I think Sczezsny's alright but nothing special.

Slizz

Right when Szczczczczczc fucked that final up with his dad in the crowd was when he cemented what type of keeper he'll be. Dude hasn't done anything really to change opinions.

Suen

Guys let's trust in Wenger. He's waiting for the Lopez/Casillas drama to end at Madrid so he can make his next move. Szczesny will then become our reserve GK and learn from his new replacement so that when his new replacement retires he will be the king of GKs.

Chesney is one of those players that's shit and compensates by trying to be funny. Like Frimpong.

If you want Trine 2 or FTL it's in this post in email tags

FTL:

Trine 2:

omgkitty

I can't wait until you're all eating crow like you did with Ramsey. People used to shit all over him only a year ago. Szcz is only 23 and hasn't even played 100 games for Arsenal yet. I'm sure at the end of this season if he still isn't playing well, he'll be replaced, but I think he's on his way to being one of the best GK's around. We signed Viviano on loan, and I think more than anything that it's meant to push him to play better.

Suen

I can't wait until you're all eating crow like you did with Ramsey. People used to shit all over him only a year ago. Szcz is only 23 and hasn't even played 100 games for Arsenal yet. I'm sure at the end of this season if he still isn't playing well, he'll be replaced, but I think he's on his way to being one of the best GK's around.
Ramsey was shit last year, also we still need a striker. Surely you're not thinking Sanogo is the next promising talent in that position? (although we haven't seen that much from him so who knows)

Salvadora

YOU SHUT UP!!!!
He isn't good enough to be the first choice for a club of Arsenal's calibre. At best he is unremarkable.

Will he ever be great? Who knows, send him out on loan for a half a decade and find out. Sick to death of world class, or potentially world class keepers changing clubs while we invest in a player that is dragging us down.

jtb

Banned

I know Wenger sees him as the long term solution, which is a fucking massive mistake imo. Right now, he's one of the worst keepers in the league. He's unreliable (which is practically a death knell for any keeper) and hasn't developed at all in the past three seasons. If he's going to be a long term solution, then he needs to be pushed week-in week-out with quality competition for places. And that requires buying a new keeper.

A quality, reliable keeper can be found for 10m or so these days. That's what Lloris, Mignolet went for—is it worth putting several seasons on the line gambling on him developing into a quality keeper just to save 10m? I don't think so.

subtles

When Honda hears of Liverpool's interest this is what will run through his mind.

61880-George-Michael-its-happening-i-dNrF.gif

The Gaf Crossing community is great. I can tell from the fact that I entered expecting nothing and ended up doing OT4 for the community after topping the wall of shame twice in a row :p

Do they do furniture exchanges? I mean in the sense that you can catalog rare furniture the other one has. Everyone's FC list on that side seems to be full even though........

......Pokemon isn't even here yet.

T8QhVyi.gif

I can't wait until you're all eating crow like you did with Ramsey. People used to shit all over him only a year ago. Szcz is only 23 and hasn't even played 100 games for Arsenal yet. I'm sure at the end of this season if he still isn't playing well, he'll be replaced, but I think he's on his way to being one of the best GK's around. We signed Viviano on loan, and I think more than anything that it's meant to push him to play better.

tumblr_inline_mrsafiSL9D1qz4rgp.gif

Gündogan on his back injury which he already had some problems with last year:
"Yes, it's a genetic endowment."

7CuWQ6a.gif

Take him, Arsenal. Please take him. 50m and he's yours.

I'll join whatever, I have no idea about GTAV other than 3 different playable characters and the online is supposed to be good. I've managed to stay that in the dark
I literally only know about game shit because of this thread

I've read some info ages ago and comepletly forgot them now. It's nice to go in not knowing much.

Meier

You gotta go for the bugs man, diving is worthless for money.

Yeah, that list is not accurate apparently. If you clicked the link, you'd see that the prices for many of the items were quite high which is what made me take notice. He shows 36,000 for the isopod but she offered me 9,000. I am guessing he has the ordinance that gives you more cash.. I might have to swap out Night Owl for it temporarily.

Linius

Do they do furniture exchanges? I mean in the sense that you can catalog rare furniture the other one has. Everyone's FC list on that side seems to be full even though........

......Pokemon isn't even here yet.

You should have gotten more involved man. We've done lots of catologue parties so people can get stuff. The Crossing community is all about sharing. Well except for Lazybones, he seems to be charging for all his shit but also offers bells for everything he wants. He doesn't get too well with the system. Anyways, if you need anything just send me an PM and I can check what I can do. I have loads in my catalogue so if you want some items that can be ordered I'm pretty sure I can help you. And if it's not me then there will be someone else in the thread. Philia for instance has her golden badge already.

Top Bottom