• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

K1LLER7

Dailies 100%
I like that I wouldn't have to put them in solution every night. Even though they're a little more expensive than monthlies.

1st time putting them in. Looking forward to it, but it'll take a while getting used to :)

Do you still have days where you wear glasses?

Messi

Watched the first episode of Person of Interest after DeGod told me to. So , that's the Watch Dogs tie in game right? May as well be.

show seems good. Michael Emerson is awesome.

Killzone is looking like a must buy for me. Looks better and better with each demo.

Hope we beat Hull on Saturday.

Definatly, especially the last demo. It sold me on the game, it looked good without any pop-ups or weird glitches!

Did he give a return date? :lol

Tell him that I said Ultimate Team sucks.

No bundles announced here yet. Waiting patiently.

Not really, he just said he might come back soon.

There's 3 bundles here: PS4 outright, the console with Killzone or with Driveclub.

Got a contacts fitting appointment tomorrow. Not sure wether to get monthly or daily contacts. Favouring towards the daily ones.

Dailies man. I had been using the two-week contacts for years, but could never wear them on a daily basis because my eyes would start burning after a few hours. I would only wear them for playing football. When I recently started my new job and career, I decided to go for a "no glasses" look, so I switched to dailies. I can wear them from 7am to 11pm with no problems now, it's truly amazing.

The price sucks but you get what you pay for.

sohois

I thought one of the big complaints about Eriksen was his inconsistency, his tendency to disappear in some games? In which case it would probably be wise to wait a bit longer and see how he does with more games.

Although even if he weren't inconsistent it would still be wise to wait for a larger sample size. Remember Moussa Sissoko?

Zabojnik

Speaking of wood
en
. Just saw the first episode of Masters of Sex. Lizzy Caplan ... oh my. Enjoyed it immensely. The show too. I can see it becoming the next big thing, if done right.

GorillaJu

Tiago Ilori said:
"I was aware of a couple of other clubs that were interested but the way Liverpool dealt with it and spoke with me made it an easier choice," he said.

"The club's history played a part but it was more about their approach and the way they dealt with me. I felt that this was the place to be."

Nearly identical words have been spoken by other highly-rated youngsters who we brought in. If only we could work our womanly wails on the Mickys and Will.I.Ans of the world.

The Daily Star has an article today that says the Arsenal board want Conte to replace Wenger. Made me laugh, sure we want him and can pay him more fhan Juve can ever dream of, but he will never leave Juve for Arsenal.

I personally see him replacing Carlo at RM in a few years before stepping down to take over of Italy for Euro 20.

Lightning

Banned
The Daily Star has an article today that says the Arsenal board want Conte to replace Wenger. Made me laugh, sure we want him and can pay him more fhan Juve can ever dream of, but he will never leave Juve for Arsenal.

I personally see him replacing Carlo at RM in a few years before stepping down to take over of Italy for Euro 20.
Daily Star don't have a clue what the Arsenal board are doing, they're guessing and trying to get hits using Wenger's contract. I am still very confident Wenger is going to extend.

I really dont want him to extend. He does not deserve it and it worries me when I read that he gets Ozil in and we want to give him two years 13 million quid. The bare minimum for renewal is a cup or 2nd in the league.

Lightning

Banned
I really dont want him to extend. He does not deserve it and it worries me when I read that he gets Ozil in and we want to give him two years 13 million quid. The bare minimum for renewal is a cup or 2nd in the league.
It's a dicey game that, though.

Who do we replace him with? An idiot with money, see Mark Hughes and Roberto Mancini, are just as useless and damaging if not moreso than people like Wenger who prefer caution over big spending and faith in players they have.

We don't have City/Chelsea pockets that can afford to buy players we don't need and are not worth their price. See Liverpool for what Dalglish did for what happens and will happen to us if we do that.

GorillaJu

There are like three or four managers in the world who could have Arsenal's squad playing as well as they do. The other two likely wouldn't come to Arsenal. Back Wenger until he decides it's time to pull the plug.

bjaelke

Paul Kennedy ‏@pkedit
Proposed FIFA calendar from FIFA bid chief @MayneNicholls would have WC Qatar 2022 final same day as Super Bowl
I7g14eU.png
League break: December 19th - February 13th.
World Cup: January 6th - February 6th.

pappe

Paul Kennedy ‏@pkedit
Proposed FIFA calendar from FIFA bid chief @MayneNicholls would have WC Qatar 2022 final same day as Super Bowl

League break: December 19th - February 13th.
World Cup: January 6th - February 6th.

God damn! The players who make it to the final or semis are gonna be dead tired for the season run-in.

Not to mention we miss out on football over the Christmas and New year break.

My girlfriend loves GTA V too. Like, she's one of the most sadistic players I've seen; earlier she was riding over one woman's face in her car for literally 10 minutes. Over and over and over she went with this disturbing little giggle. I don't know whether I should be concerned or aroused.

Yeah shorty is the same. She fucks then kills everything she can. Naturally I'm aroused.

Klopp and Guardiola

Bielsa and Laudrup.

GorillaJu

Yeah shorty is the same. She fucks then kills everything she can. Naturally I'm aroused.

Bielsa and Laudrup.

I'm not talking purely stylistically, I'm taking into account that Arsenal finish in the top 4 in the PL every single year.

If we were just talking about playing passing football, there would be plenty of names to consider.

I'm not talking purely stylistically, I'm taking into account that Arsenal finish in the top 4 in the PL every single year.

If we were just talking about playing passing football, there would be plenty of names to consider.

I took that into account. I personally think those 2 could take Arsenal into the top 4.

dc89

dc, please tell me you perform cunnilingus on her while she plays gta.

please.

:looooooooooooooooooooool /dead

I'll not lie, I think I preferred GTA IV thus far. Only 3 hours in or so.

Hmm interesting.

My girlfriend loves GTA V too. Like, she's one of the most sadistic players I've seen; earlier she was riding over one woman's face in her car for literally 10 minutes. Over and over and over she went with this disturbing little giggle. I don't know whether I should be concerned or aroused.

Girls and GTA.

bjaelke

Messi to Pep: You're nobody, pass me the Cola!
It was three hours before the game, everyone sits and jaws when Messi says he wants a Coke. "No, no, we do not drink Coke three hours before a fight" said Guardiola then Messi gets up, comes back after a few minutes, and before all, he opens the can and drinking Coke in front of Guardiola. You imagine when such a high-profile player cheapens the coach for all players. It is a war Guardiola can not win. It is impossible
KuGsj.gif

FootballFan

WTF?? Whats wrong with drinking 1 can of coke THREE hours before the start??

Pep seems to be a control freak.

He is a control freak, but if being controlled means winning nearly every game and trophy then I'd listen.

It's why he and Ibra never got along, as if Ibra would let someone tell him not to drive a ferrari to training lol.

It's a dicey game that, though.

Who do we replace him with? An idiot with money, see Mark Hughes and Roberto Mancini, are just as useless and damaging if not moreso than people like Wenger who prefer caution over big spending and faith in players they have.

We don't have City/Chelsea pockets that can afford to buy players we don't need and are not worth their price. See Liverpool for what Dalglish did for what happens and will happen to us if we do that.

Arsenal fans in reason years seem to believe that the club will fall apart if Wenger was to leave and it is why so many have been hesitant to call for his head in recent years. I really do believe that if Arsenal want just a steady eddy then there are plenty of guys out there. I dont rate Moyes as an exceptionally brilliant manager but he could have come to Arsenal and guided us to a top 4 finish.

I really see this year as being Laudrups year to impress the board. I also think Allegri would do a good job at Arsenal if his English skills are up to it. And a de Boer/Bergkamp double team would be interesting.

The most important question though will be where does the board see the club in 5 years time with Wenger as manager?

dc89

Sandra Goldschmidt ‏@SanBorussia 13m
Klopp watched the match with Napoli's janitor on his couch after he was sent off and got the janitor Reus' shirt after the match. #BVB

DAT KLOPP!!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
He is a control freak, but if being controlled means winning nearly every game and trophy then I'd listen.

It's why he and Ibra never got along, as if Ibra would let someone tell him not to drive a ferrari to training lol.

You need to EARN Ibra's respect. He would gladly suck Capello's dick if he asked him to.

iCHXvYgSwWCxp.gif

Klopp watched the match with Napoli's janitor on his couch after he was sent off and got the janitor Reus' shirt after the match. #BVB

DAT KLOPP!!

More like dat janitor, really.

Jack cw

DAT KLOPP!!

Klopp knows his game. Giving the janitor the shirt of the evenings weakest player :D

Lightning

Banned
Arsenal fans in reason years seem to believe that the club will fall apart if Wenger was to leave and it is why so many have been hesitant to call for his head in recent years. I really do believe that if Arsenal want just a steady eddy then there are plenty of guys out there. I dont rate Moyes as an exceptionally brilliant manager but he could have come to Arsenal and guided us to a top 4 finish.

I really see this year as being Laudrups year to impress the board. I also think Allegri would do a good job at Arsenal if his English skills are up to it. And a de Boer/Bergkamp double team would be interesting.

The most important question though will be where does the board see the club in 5 years time with Wenger as manager?
I am not sure what confuses me more. The fact you don't rate Wenger or think that Moyes or Allegri could do the job just as well.

I agree with the De Boer/Bergkamp combo but hardly assured success with them. Dutch league not the most challenging and Ajax in Europe are dogshit. They may succeed but they may not, Wenger is proven and I am in line with what Odd thinks in that there are only a handful capable replacements out there and none of them are attainable. We should hang on to Wenger, after all he is a very large reason why we have the money we do yet have not lost our CL status despite the competition growing and this season we brought one of the best players in the world to the club.

dc89

More like dat janitor, really.

Ah yes.

Klopp knows his game. Giving the janitor the shirt of the evenings weakest player :D

:lol

---

Tesco have a deal on for first time online shopping customers - or just use a new email. You can order GTAV and £22 worth of shopping for around £40 using an online code.

One guy on HOTUK ordered GTA V and 18 cans of beer for £40.50 - delivered. Or you can click and collect depending on store stock etc.

Check cheap ass gaffer where I posted it - I hope to God I'm not late. I checked...

Kinan

God damn, Dynamo is so awful now. :(

Loosing to a fuckn Genk at home, are you kidding me? Team is super nervous now, they need a win badly to regain confidence and just can not get it. First 3:0 to Metalist, then now this 0:1 to Genk with like 20 goal chances, but the ball just refused to go in.

How can you assemble the best squad in the last 10 years and show such a horribly organized football. Fans want Blokhin's blood, but most likely he will stay until the end of the season, the suffering continues....

Top Bottom