• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

As good as Extras is after the third episode or so, its becoming a little formulaic in its 'Andy tells Maggie something, Maggie tells someone else without context, Andy suffers consequences'

Happened 3 episodes in a row. The bit about the accidental Down Syndrome insult going through the media and getting worse and worse was brilliant.

Manager

article-2426613-1BEE68E7000005DC-854_634x761.jpg

Bit different players but.... Felliani tackling much more, which Yaya rarely does. Which is why I'm not sure it's such as good idea to give him that much defensive responsibility as Pellegrini does.

I guess it's hard to getting used to these risky tactics Pellegrini use, while Mancini was much more defensively minded. Will be interesting to see which one works best in the end.

article-2426613-1BEE68E7000005DC-854_634x761.jpg

I guess some might find it interesting. Yaya obviously more involved in the passing but Felliani tackling much more, which Yaya rarely does anyway. Which is why I'm not sure it's such as good idea to give him that much defensive responsibility as Pellegrini does.

I guess it's hard to getting used to these risky tactics Pellegrini use, while Mancini was much more defensively minded. Will be interesting to see which one works best in the end.

Fellaini is a lazy twat when something doesn't go his way off the pitch. Toure is a lazy twat when it isn't a full moon. Afroman wins.

Zenit is so fucked, we have 4 matches coming up in 10 days . 22nd, 25th, 28th and October 1st. Yeah yeah I know that shit happens in the EPL all the time but you guys don't have to fly half a continent away each time, switching time zones and climates.

This is bullshit. Oh well at least this means that Arshavin will get plenty of playing time.

Not sure whether to get Dark Souls 2 on PS3 or PC.

PC will look better, but the port for the first one was lazy as fuck, I like using the PS3 controller for it, its where I played Demon's and Dark Souls, and online is apparently broken on PC

It'll be cheaper as well though on PC, and I can adapt to the 360 controller

Manager

Fellaini is a lazy twat when something doesn't go his way off the pitch. Toure is a lazy twat when it isn't a full moon. Afroman wins.

I don't want to judge players over four games, but Yaya and specifically Nasri has had pretty good work rate this season. Nasri has even had a great work rate. Yaya will be more important than he has ever been before (since Pellegrini rely so much on CMs movement) so I really hope he's up for it this year.

Tecl0n

PC will look better, but the port for the first one was lazy as fuck, I like using the PS3 controller for it, its where I played Demon's and Dark Souls, and online is apparently broken on PC

Use ps3 controller on PC? And DSII will use steamworks and not GFWL so that should ease the online experience.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Go wherever there's a sizeable online community.

arkon

Oh yes! New Vegas was BRILLIANTTT!

Are they still making games? They always seem like they're one flop away from bankruptcy.
KuGsj.gif
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif

You didn't hear about the Project Eternity kickstarter? Basically old school Infinity Engine style games are what they want to replicate with it.

They're also doing the South Park RPG.

/dc89

Anyone else feel like the season hasn't really started yet?

None of the teams expected to play well has had a horrendous start to the season, the games haven't been great, no managerial slanging matches or anything.

Arnie

Anyone else feel like the season hasn't really started yet?

None of the teams expected to play well has had a horrendous start to the season, the games haven't been great, no managerial slanging matches or anything.
I know what you mean.

I think many people were expecting Mourinho to have a much bigger impact, both on and off the field, than he's had. Right now he gives off the aura of a man who's sentenced to execution. People think of the mid 2000s era Mourinho and it revives that nostalgia for when the league was truly fucking excellent in terms of quality. Right now United, City, and Chelsea have all lost, and shown serious frailties in different areas, which is jarring with that expectation of what the season was going to be.

City and Chelsea in particular. Rightly or wrongly, with the calibre of the managers coming in they were expected to get off to a flyer.
Thought that was Balotelli in the back in that photo

/baconsaurus
Not even autocorrect can excuse that one.

Arnie

Hixx I bet you're gagging to see that Swedish kid be given a chance in the first team.

His goal for the U21s against us was a beauty.

Linius

Really? That is weird

Glad I am not considering getting their album then

S2 is way better than S1, if they happen to show it, you will have a great time. I can't emphasise enough on how good this series is.

CHVRCHES is awesome :D

And S2 > S1 indeed.

We don't even have S2 in Germany yet. :(

At least we got the CHVRCHES album before the US/UK.

You're not telling me that really holds you back from watching it aye? If I'd go down that road I'd have nothing to watch over here :p

Arnie

hahahahahaha

Jose-Mourinho-008.jpg

ps glad Prisoners is good. Well excited for it. Not out until next Friday in the UK, though. Defo going on the opening weekend.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
You didn't hear about the Project Eternity kickstarter? Basically old school Infinity Engine style games are what they want to replicate with it.

They're also doing the South Park RPG.

/dc89
That sounds pretty cool

But still not Fallout:NV 2. :(

Salvadora

Has anyone ever attempted to fix their PS3 after the Yellow Light of Death?

I'm reading guides talking about using a heat gun and thermal paste.... feel a bit out of my depth taking apart a PS3 though.

Wilbur

Banned
Get me some football pls, I can't play GTA for another half hour or so, I'm in tonight because my loan hasn't come through yet and my ex has a new boyfriend while I haven't had sex in two months and my penis needs football

can we not lose on sunday

im at work while its on

i dont want to cry

i want my loan to come so i can get blartered, fly to rome and pick up vagina with plug

Peco

Has anyone ever attempted to fix their PS3 after the Yellow Light of Death?

I'm reading guides talking about using a heat gun and thermal paste.... feel a bit out of my depth taking apart a PS3 though.

Zombie PS3 fucking sucks. Buy a new one if you can.

I know I can't. :(

Top Bottom