• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

Here's one I took on Tuesday in a blimp:

vOCSGfV.jpg

FootballFan

Has anyone ever attempted to fix their PS3 after the Yellow Light of Death?

I'm reading guides talking about using a heat gun and thermal paste.... feel a bit out of my depth taking apart a PS3 though.

Nah but I did help a cousin take out a disc stuck inside, used a hairdryer for like 15 minutes. Ps3 almost smelt like it was burning, but surprisingly it turned on for like 20 minutes before YLoD again.

Over here though NZ law gets us 5 years 'warranty' cover on any electronics("goods or services"). Still feel bad when I see people buy extra warranty for $150+.

I have replaced broken PS3 3 times for no charge, they charge $150 to those that don't know about it.

Arnie

I want some football so you cunts can stop banging on about GTA; not all of us can just sit around shooting shit. I wish I could, though. I really need to bring my consoles down to London.

Got absolutely fucking Ronnie Moran'd last night. Free champagne and g&ts at this work do. Had about 10 of the latter. Dropped at least two. Just willy nilly. Work put us all in taxis home at like 4, I was in work for 9. We were all just drunk at our desks. Couldn't leave until 5ish and then I just napped until 8. Woke up before an had a KFC but I'm still sobering up so I feel sick.

pls be tomorrow so i can feel fresh and drown myself in football and forget about work and a woman at the other end of the country who's pulling my heart apart at the seams

Salvadora

Zombie PS3 fucking sucks. Buy a new one if you can.

I know I can't. :(
I can't either :/

Like, I can afford it (pretty much), but it would be pure madness with the PS4 around the corner and buying it for only one game(!)
Nah but I did help a cousin take out a disc stuck inside, used a hairdryer for like 15 minutes. Ps3 almost smelt like it was burning, but surprisingly it turned on for like 20 minutes before YLoD again.

Over here though NZ law gets us 5 years 'warranty' cover on any electronics("goods or services"). Still feel bad when I see people buy extra warranty for $150+.

I have replaced broken PS3 3 times for no charge, they charge $150 to those that don't know about it.
Aye, I heard about the hairdryer trick. Feels like if I try any homemade remedies it won't be a long-term solution.

This could have all been solved by backwards compatibility, Sony!

Arnie

What did they say?
That Mata is being frozen out by Mourinho and will be surplus to requirements unless he can change his game to suit the team.
How pissed were you at this moment?

On a scale of one to Michael Barrymore I was probably a seven.

But essentially I had a drink in my hand from 7pm to 3am. And they were all free. Today was horrendous, and it still is. There was a buffet though so I managed a few deep fried prawns between glasses.

Who's that hot bitch in the background
Mate, she's like 40.

Not her, but there are a few hotties at work, like. I feel like me and the petulant Essex one turned a corner last night. Some spicy #banter. She'll probably be back to abusing my accent on Monday.

pulga

Banned
Get me some football pls, I can't play GTA for another half hour or so, I'm in tonight because my loan hasn't come through yet and my ex has a new boyfriend while I haven't had sex in two months and my penis needs football

can we not lose on sunday

im at work while its on

i dont want to cry

i want my loan to come so i can get blartered, fly to rome and pick up vagina with plug

Hnnnnnggg

If all else fails... hookers, Harry, hookers!

Wilbur

Banned
I've never bought a hooker but I'm really tempted.

Innit. Like if I knew the proper avenues and I was with a notorious pussyhound like Pulga I'd have got one by now.

As it is I'm scared of talking to real women, or if I'm so drunk that I'm not scared I just come across as a big chubby camp boy. Life is not swell.

Arnie

Innit. Like if I knew the proper avenues and I was with a notorious pussyhound like Pulga I'd have got one by now.

As it is I'm scared of talking to real women, or if I'm so drunk that I'm not scared I just come across as a big chubby camp boy. Life is not swell.

If buying sex was as easy as buying a pizza I'd be fucking broke. So it's a double edged sword. If I could pay £40 extra to upgrade from my nightly wank I probably would, and just not use the tube for a couple weeks.

I'm good at speaking to women, but not sealing the deal.

I hate those fuckers who just get what they want whenever they want. Those cookie cutter Matri types.

Yen

I missed Orphan Black today. Bummer.

Head to uni tomorrow. Think I'm prepared, my old school told us that the Hare Krishnas will try to steal us, and you'll die if you take marijuana. I'll stay away from both.

Arnie

From Barrett:

The Times said:
Rising star of Everton midfield is grateful to Steven Gerrard for offering his advice, Tony Barrett writes

Ross Barkley has come a long way in a short time. From the boy who used to take two buses to training because he was “too embarrassed” to accept a lift from a team-mate’s parents who drove a Bentley, to the young man who carries hopes for club and country.

Really like Barkley. He's gonna be huge. Cousin's had him on his shirt for a couple of seasons now. The foetus-appreciation runs in the family.

Wilbur

Banned
If buying sex was as easy as buying a pizza I'd be fucking broke. So it's a double edged sword. If I could pay £40 extra to upgrade from my nightly wank I probably would, and just not use the tube for a couple weeks.

I'm good at speaking to women, but not sealing the deal.

I hate those fuckers who just get what they want whenever they want. Those cookie cutter Matri types.

I'm good at speaking to them as in, pass them a fucking straw from the bar or apologise when you accidentally bang them dancing

I just want one to come up to me and say that my trousers make me look absolutely irresistible and if I'm up to it she wants to sit on my cock until it makes yoghurt

K1LLER7

I'm good at speaking to them as in, pass them a fucking straw from the bar or apologise when you accidentally bang them dancing

I just want one to come up to me and say that my trousers make me look absolutely irresistible and if I'm up to it she wants to sit on my cock until it makes yoghurt
Show them your Gaf Avatar =P

Arnie

oh my word the Arctic Monkeys "hold on we're going home' cover is brain-meltingly good

writhing around in my bed like an orgasmic salmon

Hixx

Hixx I bet you're gagging to see that Swedish kid be given a chance in the first team.

His goal for the U21s against us was a beauty.

He looked ok in pre-season, scored a good goal against Spurs. But was apparently poor against MK Dons in the cup.

I would like to see him and Mavrias on the wings against Peterborough next week tho. Give AJ and Giak a rest as it is you lot at home on the Saturday after iirc. Either you lot or Man United.

Arnie

He looked ok in pre-season, scored a good goal against Spurs. But was apparently poor against MK Dons in the cup.

I would like to see him and Mavrias on the wings against Peterborough next week tho. Give AJ and Giak a rest as it is you lot at home on the Saturday after iirc. Either you lot or Man United.

Is Mavrias that Spaniard that scored?

First Spanish player to play for Sunderland or something. That really surprised me.

Making heads or tails of you summer signings is more confusing than the FTSE.

I think I found a proper bug in GTA, I can't call the blimp anymore and even Rockstar doesn't know why.

I can't be the only knobhead that crashed the blimp into the other blimp... right?
I think I am. Fuck me lol

Hixx

Is Mavrias that Spaniard that scored?

First Spanish player to play for Sunderland or something. That really surprised me.

Making heads or tails of you summer signings is more confusing than the FTSE.

Mavrias is Greek.

I think the last Spaniard we had was Arnau Riera. Highly rated youngster, captain of Barcelona's B team. Came over, got sent off 3 mins into his second match against Bury and never seen again.

Wilbur

Banned
Blimp was so slow, I got into it, went into restricted airspace, got shot down

haven't been back since

the horror

I've just done the controversial mission. That was the last thing I did. It's so gud

Blimp was so slow, I got into it, went into restricted airspace, got shot down

haven't been back since

I can't even say anything about the blimp lol

Just started the thing, saw the other one flying around and couldn't resist crashing them both.

Edit: I'm pretty sure I just fucked up my save and it would be fine if I started a new one but I didn't bother to try that yet.

dc89

BUo6Pt9CEAAh_4Q.jpg:large

City Watch ‏@City_Watch 7m
Interesting snippet from @ianherbs' article. The ex-Barca chiefs and their vision for a Mancunian youth revolution.

History will repeat itself. #Destiny

arkon

Talk to them the way you'd talk to bud when you're seducing him. 100% success guaranteed.

Wes

venison crêpe
What are your opinions of Lily Collins? Watching a film she is in now. First time I've seen her act but isn't she meant to be a rising star or something?

Top Bottom