• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

Kenka

But.. are YOU legal?

What's with everyone's intention on GAF to bottom Bacon ? You all look like a bunch of frustrated seasoned talibans.
I do agree he has interesting looks though. The only bad thing is that Andres has probably already laid a finger or two on him. And stepping in can only be a loss-loss situation now.

The Injuration of Philippe Coutinho by the Coward Ashley Williams has thrown a bit of a spanner in the works, so what would your lineups be?
Fuck off Mancs, you don't have a monopoly

----------------------------------Mignolet---------------------------------------

Kelly--------------Skrtel--------------------Sakho----------------Enrique

-----------------------------------------Lucas------------------------------------

------------------------------Gerrard----------------------------------------------

----------Henderson----------------------------------------------Sterling----
-----------------------------------------------Alberto-----------------------------

-------------------------------Sturridge-------------------------------------------

Maybe Aspas instead of Alberto, but Aspas hasn't impressed at all since the Stoke game.

Tegris

The Injuration of Philippe Coutinho by the Coward Ashley Williams has thrown a bit of a spanner in the works, so what would your lineups be?

----------------------------------Mignolet---------------------------------------

Kelly--------------Skrtel--------------------Sakho----------------Enrique

-----------------------------------------Lucas------------------------------------

------------------------------Gerrard----------------------------------------------

----------Henderson----------------------------------------------Sterling----
-----------------------------------------------Alberto-----------------------------

-------------------------------Sturridge-------------------------------------------

Maybe Aspas instead of Alberto, but Aspas hasn't impressed at all since the Stoke game.

I wouldn't be surprised if Henderson gets a rest today and gets put on to replace Lucas or Gerrard (whoever is looking more tired) on ~55. There probably isn't much need to pack the midfield at home against Southampton (famous last words). Alberto deserves a start after his performance for the U21s.

----------------Mignolet--------------
Wisdom---Agger---Sakho---Enrique
-------Gerrard-------Lucas-----------
-------------Alberto-------------------
Aspas--------------------------Moses
------------Sturridge------------------

I wouldn't be surprised if Henderson gets a rest today and gets put on to replace Lucas or Gerrard (whoever is looking more tired) on ~55. There probably isn't much need to pack the midfield at home against Southampton (famous last words). Alberto deserves a start after his performance for the U21s.

----------------Mignolet--------------
Wisdom---Agger---Sakho---Enrique
-------Gerrard-------Lucas-----------
-------------Alberto-------------------
Aspas--------------------------Moses
------------Sturridge------------------

Ha, completely forgot about Moses. Yeah, he has to start on the left. Henderson situation is a weird one. I'd like him to start, but if him, Alberto, Lucas or Gerrard get injured or tired, none of them would really have suitable replacements on the bench, while Henderson could cover the other 3 positions if need be

Is Agger fit today? Hopefully we've told Sakho to tone it down when leaving the box for a challenge, left us exposed when it didn;t come off against Swansea

Arnie

God I love Maxi Rodriguez. Would have him round for dinner. That winner he scored against Bolton had me exploding in a super-saiyan style ball of flames. And he always scored against Chelsea.

Tough one.

If Agger's still injured then, sure, I think Sakho should play, although I think Kolo deserves to play more. And I'd rather see Henderson behind Sturridge, with Moses and Sterling either side if I'm honest. Not forgetting the three goals Alberto scored midweek, Sterling was still man of the match, and I don't think we can just drop Moses after he scored against Swansea.
He was auditioning for Cirque de Soleil when it happened.
tumblr_mqivfkQ0Ig1rvaluxo2_500.gif

GorillaJu

I think Aspas should play vs. Southampton. He's very good at finding good positions to drive the attack forward. Alberto would be a good shout as well, I wouldn't be surprised if he came on around 60 minutes in to help keep the ball and slow down play. Of course, if we're behind then that changes things.

Moses is gonna be good for sure. Expect him to be the difference maker, IMO.

Tegris

Ha, completely forgot about Moses. Yeah, he has to start on the left. Henderson situation is a weird one. I'd like him to start, but if him, Alberto, Lucas or Gerrard get injured or tired, none of them would really have suitable replacements on the bench, while Henderson could cover the other 3 positions if need be

Is Agger fit today? Hopefully we've told Sakho to tone it down when leaving the box for a challenge, left us exposed when it didn;t come off against Swansea

I think Agger is still touch and go for today. I'd play Toure if he isn't. I reckon Sakho's mishaps against Swansea were just part of his settling in process, and I thought he got noticeably more assured as the match went on.

There's a cup game on wednesday as well. That will factor into today's lineup as he might rest some young players to start wednesday.

Kelly has to start one of the two. I imagine Sterling will start on Wednesday regardless, with Alberto on the bench unless he's particularly imprssive today. All eyes will be on The C(o)unt though

Arnie

There's a cup game on wednesday as well. That will factor into today's lineup as he might rest some young players to start wednesday.

I think Saturday to Wednesday is an acceptable rest period for a team without European fixtures. Wouldn't expect the cup game to alter the lineup today at all, really. And we're kind of forced into the change by the fact that Suarez is going to return.

subtles

iirc Southhampton were the last team to beat us in the PL? I hope the boys are motivated. I would definetly start Alberto in place of Coutinho. He's essentially a forward and hasn't had the opportunity to show us much of his attacking capabilities. One moment in the match against United he brilliantly pressed Ferdinand and De Gea while instructing the other players and got us a throw in.

I honestly think we haven't seen much of the lad yet.

bjaelke

If Agger's still injured then, sure, I think Sakho should play, although I think Kolo deserves to play more. And I'd rather see Henderson behind Sturridge, with Moses and Sterling either side if I'm honest. Not forgetting the three goals Alberto scored midweek, Sterling was still man of the match, and I don't think we can just drop Moses after he scored against Swansea.
Definitely rest Agger for the United game. No point rushing him back now that we finally have decent cover for that position.

Arnie

Definitely rest Agger for the United game. No point rushing him back now that we finally have decent cover for that position.

I don't know.

I feel like we can't take risks with any game. Sakho needs time on the training field, in my opinion, and Agger brings a calmness to our defending. We can't go through games conceding two goals, not that we definitely would if Sakho or someone else played, but I want to see us return to the solidity at the back, which, to me, means playing Agger.

FUCK IT RISK IT YOLO SUAREZ IS BACK FOR THE MANCS THEY'LL JUST PLAY ZAHAHAHA

Labadal

I don't know.

I feel like we can't take risks with any game. Sakho needs time on the training field, in my opinion, and Agger brings a calmness to our defending. We can't go through games conceding two goals, not that we definitely would if Sakho or someone else played, but I want to see us return to the solidity at the back, which, to me, means playing Agger.

FUCK IT RISK IT YOLO SUAREZ IS BACK FOR THE MANCS THEY'LL JUST PLAY ZAHAHAHA
Ilori impressed me for the reserves.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Taribo West on his Milan years—"Our coach Zaccheroni chose to field Costacurta and Maldini even though it was clear I was the best defender"

29. September - 12:30 - Serie A TIM: Torino - Juventus
02. October - 20:45 - UEFA Champions League: Juventus - Galatasaray
06. October - 20:45 - Serie A TIM: Juventus - Milan

Such a relaxing week. Thank you, "random" Serie A draw.

1-We can't possibly lose on my birthday. It never happened before and it's not gonna happen now.
3AQmK.gif

2-If we win here we'll draw with Milan.
3-If we win here it means we dropped points with Gala.

GOTY awards will be intresting this year.

Bioshock Infinite vs The Last of Us vs GTAV

I can;t decide between the latter two, will probably go for GTAV when I've completed it

Arnie

I'm sure GTA's good, but I really can't envisage it being better than The Last of Us. And I don't really think Infinite enters the race. Loved the story but as a game it was pretty underwhelming.

I'm sure GTA's good, but I really can't envisage it being better than The Last of Us. And I don't really think Infinite enters the race. Loved the story but as a game it was pretty underwhelming.

I've not actually played it yet, critical reception will put it in the running though unless it fell out of favour among the games media like it did on here

WJD

I preferred Inifinite to TLOU personally; thought the latter suffered from Uncharted syndrome whereby I just started dreading the next combat encounter which I just wanted to grind through for the sake of the story. So far I prefer GTA V to both though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Of the games I played so far..

Rising: Best gameplay (and OST)
Infinite: Best...ending
Metro: Best use of 'Press Y when you're wearing a mask'
Metro: Most disappointing use of 'Press Y when you're wearing a mask AND carrying a lighter at the same time' (bacon pls)
TLoU: Uhm....highest production values?

Arnie

I preferred Inifinite to TLOU personally; thought the latter suffered from Uncharted syndrome whereby I just started dreading the next combat encounter which I just wanted to grind through for the sake of the story. So far I prefer GTA V to both though.

Oof, mine was the other way around. I loved the combat in TLoU, but hated it in Infinite. I felt like the combat was part of the world, and it'd been designed with the world in mind, whereas Bioshock felt really disconnected to me. Here's some powers, here's some guns, everyone wants to kill you. I just never got into it, and I was grinding through the game for the narrative and atmosphere, not because I enjoyed the moment to moment gameplay that much.

Hixx

I thought TLoU's combat was great.

Infinite on the other hand... fuck me I don't think I've ever played such a highly-rated game with such horrendous encounter design. It gets so tedious towards the end.

Top Bottom