• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT6| Relentless gobbrish

WJD

Oof, mine was the other way around. I loved the combat in TLoU, but hated it in Infinite. I felt like the combat was part of the world, and it'd been designed with the world in mind, whereas Bioshock felt really disconnected to me. Here's some powers, here's some guns, everyone wants to kill you. I just never got into it, and I was grinding through the game for the narrative and atmosphere, not because I enjoyed the moment to moment gameplay that much.

I thought TLoU's combat was great.

Infinite on the other hand... fuck me I don't think I've ever played such a highly-rated game with such horrendous encounter design. It gets so tedious towards the end.

Well I wasn't a fan of either's combat systems by the end, I just remember it taking me longer to get bored of Bioshock's.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Conte says Storari will start against Verona & the midfield will be rotated since Marchisio is available. Which could also mean Conte's illegitimate son Padoin could be in the XI.

-

Raiola "Pogba has 3 years left on his contract, which we will look to extend at the right time."

Right time LOL

Arnie

put 5€ on Southampton

qc1AoAp.gif

Not looking forward to today, Everton are something of a bogey team for us. Can't remember the last time West Ham managed to beat them and I doubt we'll be doing so this time around. Hopefully that Mladan Petric plays, as he's surely got to be a better option that Maiga or RVT. We are so fucked without Carroll and it blows my mind that Sam still hasn't developed a backup plan, even after it became apparent last season that we're utter gash without Andy on the pitch. The whole set-up is geared towards the lone man up front and we've only got one player who can play that role, so it's a pity that he's a £15m fucking crock.

TrueBlue

Mou's comments on Mata really don't seem that harsh to me. Yeah it's disrespectful for a player who has twice won player of the season for Chelsea, but he didn't say anything particularly scathing, just that he'd have to work hard, improve and fight for his place. The rest of the story is just posturing from the article's author, not quotes from Mourinho.

This is how I see it as well. Usho has a point though. If this was any other manager, say Rafa, a much bigger fuss would be made. Unfair really.

Gotta admit that I'm concerned. Today is a must win.

@Arnie

check last page. it's high time Pool play level goes down a bit. Saints with the upset. cry inside a bidet, i'll wash my balls with your tears.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
This is how I see it as well. Usho has a point though. If this was any other manager, say Rafa, a much bigger fuss would be made. Unfair really.

Gotta admit that I'm concerned. Today is a must win.

I can't imagine that Chelsea will drop points today. Fulham's only hard-working player is Parker and he's almost 33. They're a bunch of lazy twats, only a team like Fulham would concede from a corner in the 93rd minute like they did in their last match. Chelsea will overpower them immediately.

Arnie

There's is no way that Chelsea won't beat Fulham. No way.

@Arnie

check last page. it's high time Pool play level goes down a bit. Saints with the upset. cry inside a bidet, i'll wash my balls with your tears.
Well you've got that wrong because we're top of the league without even hitting our stride this season.

I'm expecting us to play well today, because we haven't really done that since Stoke. And given that Southampton were the last side to beat us I'd say we're extra motivated to keep our focus up today. It's almost guaranteed that Rodgers will remind everyone of that in his team talk.

Ushojax

There's is no way that Chelsea won't beat Fulham. No way.

I vaguely recall this fixture being a 0-0 last year but I think it was one of Benitez' first games, where he wanted the clean sheet above all else. No way that happens again though.

Arnie

I vaguely recall this fixture being a 0-0 last year but I think it was one of Benitez' first games, where he wanted the clean sheet above all else. No way that happens again though.

Given what's happened to Chelsea over the last few games they cannot afford to draw with Fulham. If they were booed off after the Basel game then they should be booed for drawing with Steve Sidwell's beige and birdshit army.

Wes

venison crêpe
Villa got good odds, Wes. should i pull the trigger?

I wouldn't. And I normally would with Lambert going back to Norwich, he knows a fair few of their players.

We won away there twice last season too (league cup 4-1 and league 2-1).

But we were so poor at creating and finishing chances against Newcastle I'm just not convinced. Particularly as we're giving starting debuts to two new players.

(By the way, Tonev could be an exciting one to watch - has a bullet of a shot)

I wouldn't. And I normally would with Lambert going back to Norwich, he knows a fair few of their players.

We won away there twice last season too (league cup 4-1 and league 2-1).

But we were so poor at creating and finishing chances against Newcastle I'm just not convinced. Particularly as we're giving starting debuts to two new players.

(By the way, Tonev could be an exciting one to watch - has a bullet of a shot)

thanks. i'm still mulling on it, i did pick Norwich as the top 6 suprise team this year.

Ushojax

West Ham are toilet, they don't look like they will ever score a goal again. Just defend the set plays and Everton will win for sure.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Ahaha Conte is mad again

“I find it unfair that I have to get criticised for how I play Llorente. I understand if there’s criticism over results, but not this. The same ought to happen for the lack of playing time for Sebastian Giovinco or Simone Padoin.

“I am the Coach and I know what happens during the week in training. Llorente is a player we all chose together and we all support him together. I don’t want this game of trying to figure out who wanted who. The basis of our success over these years is that we shared everything, the positive and negative choices.

“Fernando basically didn’t play for a year due to his problems with Bilbao, which is why he needed time to rediscover the grit, intensity and tempo of a match situation. You lose these things when you don’t play.

“Now he has trained for three months and will have his chance, because he is earning it. He could play tomorrow, Wednesday or next Sunday. I won’t tell you when it will happen, though.

Antonio, you know how this goes, just ignore them.

FuturusX

First Marca with their crap about professionalism, then the stuff with that women in Italy, and since then Zidane, Ancelotti and Perez have all had something to say mainly about Ozil didn't want to compete for his place, didn't want the challenge etc...

When Arsene Wenger has to come out with this then Madrid clearly have an issue they don't want to let go. Why are they still on Ozil? It's been nearly 3 weeks now. Fuck off Madrid.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8932832

Thanks for clarifying, Madrid perhaps are beginning to understand what they have lost. Ozil is a fantastic player. They should not have sold him....

pulga

Banned
Thanks for clarifying, Madrid perhaps are beginning to understand what they have lost. Ozil is a fantastic player. They should not have sold him....

We lost Ozil.

We gained Isco.

Im more than fucking fine with that. Isco is already looking to be much, much better than Ozil. No question.

The Italian press are never happy, always need to try ans cause some controversy. He was a guy that Conte had asked for so he clearly saw him fitting into long term plans otherwise they would not have given him a five year deal.

Top Bottom